crawling round cot instead of sleeping?!

laracomps

Reaction score
Please tell me this is a phase...

She's always been bad at sleeping during the day, but now its impossible. As soon as she's in her cot she flips over to her front then practises crawling (or trying to until yesterday) whilst whining. If I flip her back, she cries even more then flips back on to her front. Or... she sits herself up and cries. This can go on for an hour until she is howling where she's tired. Or alternitively she'll fall asleep on her front... but not as you or I would, flat on her face, nose down! So then she wakes up screaming 20 mins later with mattress print on her head!

She's fine when we are out, because obviously she can't move anywhere in her pushchair!

She is also ok at night - well I say ok, she drops off fine, but is up 10+ times at the moment.

Help!?
:hug: :hug:

Angel is like this but at night! She also climbs up the side of the cot standing looking at you, climbing up the cot bumper (which i may as well take out coz it's squashed to the bottom now!) I suppose it won't take long for her to realise it's bed time. She should give in soon.

Me saying that with my fingers crossed too!

Ok, this is gonna sound really weird, but Daniel never sleeps in his cot during the day.

We have a secures garden, so I just dress him up warm (with loads of extra layers, blanket and footmuff) and just wheel him on our patio in his buggy (I also put the raincover on for added warmth). And he sleeps snuggly :D
I do have to wheel the buggy front and back for about 10 minutes but it works :)

Maybe if you have a secured garden its worth trying.

(I obviously keep an eye on him throught pation doors all the time)

Carina said:
Ok, this is gonna sound really weird, but Daniel never sleeps in his cot during the day.

We have a secures garden, so I just dress him up warm (with loads of extra layers, blanket and footmuff) and just wheel him on our patio in his buggy (I also put the raincover on for added warmth). And he sleeps snuggly :D
I do have to wheel the buggy front and back for about 10 minutes but it works :)

If only... we live in a top floor flat lol.

I've actually taken to going to bed with her, she sleeps ok in my bed because I cuddle her, and I'm so bloomin knackered during the day where she keeps me up. I don't want her to think thats the only way she'll sleep tho :oops:

LisaJ1986 said:
Angel is like this but at night! She also climbs up the side of the cot standing looking at you, climbing up the cot bumper (which i may as well take out coz it's squashed to the bottom now!) I suppose it won't take long for her to realise it's bed time. She should give in soon.

Me saying that with my fingers crossed too!

Lisa, funny you should mention about the cot bumper, in 'what to expect in the first year' it says to remove them this month for that very reason - they begin to use them as an escaping tool!!

Fingers crossed it improves soooooooon :hug:

Babies are monsters :lol: . Mine has discovered she can now reach her mobile above her cot so has taken to grabbing it and hanging off it and not going to sleep this week :wall:

laracomps said:
Carina said:

If only... we live in a top floor flat lol.

I've actually taken to going to bed with her, she sleeps ok in my bed because I cuddle her, and I'm so bloomin knackered during the day where she keeps me up. I don't want her to think thats the only way she'll sleep tho :oops:

Angel will only sleep on one of us in the daytime, unless we're out in the buggy.

I think removing the bumper maybe a good idea then! Lol

Yeah Becky won't sleep in the cot at home during the day either (she does at nursery though, grr!) and will be standing in her cot wailing if I leave her. So she sleeps on us, our bed or on the couch with the chair shoved against it in case she rolls. So I have no solutions but I sympathise! :hug:

i never 'put' Anjali to sleep in the day- I always wait until she acts tired and falls asleep while im holding her- then i put her down on a travelcot mattress on the floor in the office :) she tends to self regulate with her daytime naps- i'd never be able to force her to sleep if she wasnt sleepy! As it is she does tend to sleep at fairly regular times

Carina said:

we do the same. She has only slept inside 2 days in her whole little life at the moment. But she did do all that stuff in her cot at night around the same age - when they are figuring out crawling/sitting/standing etc. They stop after a while but I didn't really find any solutions other than to put her in a travel cot .She kept waking whenever she hit the sides of the wooden cot and with a travel cot it was better.

My child is clearly an oddball.

She won't sleep UNLESS she's in her cot. Then the moment you put her in it she exhales, turns her head to the side, closes her eyes and whinges until you go out of the room and she hears the door click.

Sleep is her number one thing.

debecca said:
My child is clearly an oddball.

She won't sleep UNLESS she's in her cot. Then the moment you put her in it she exhales, turns her head to the side, closes her eyes and whinges until you go out of the room and she hears the door click.

Sleep is her number one thing.

You are a very lucky mummy! :D

Logan won't sleep in his cot AT ALL! atm! He naps on a beanbag in the living room in the day, and at night he'll only sleep if he's in bed with us.

He's never been a big sleeper in the day anyway, he'll only do 10mins to half hour at a time if I'm lucky.

I hope the situation with Pheobe improves :hug: :hug:

...sleeping issue (day) is quite hard for most of the parents. Condidering this really is important for our LOs. whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back