Arrrghhh struggling to keep up!

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Ella is really hungry today, she's fed loads, drunk me dry and still isn't asleep for tonight. Really really don't want to have to give her formula tonight as I've managed for over a week without having to top her up, but I don't understand how I can have enough milk for her one day and not enough the next.

I really need more milk, at the moment I can't get the chance to express anything to put back without having to use it within a few hours. How am I ever going to be able to leave her for a couple of hours if I can't even get a feed together for her? (Not that I want to at the moment!).

Ella could be going through a growth spurt, she's about the right age for one and if that is the case then she is just getting your body to provide more milk the next day, putting her order in if you know what I mean??

Can I just ask you a quick question - when you were on antibiotics did you notice that your milk supply was affected. I don't get engorged like I have been doing the last couple of days and my boobs are quite soft. Seren hasn't been satisfied after her feeds either? Just wondering whther it is the mastitis, the antibiotics or whether my milk supply is diminishing for some reason. Did your milk supply build itself up again, or did you haveto do something?? Sorry for allthe questions x

Can I just ask you a quick question - when you were on antibiotics did you notice that your milk supply was affected. I don't get engorged like I have been doing the last couple of days and my boobs are quite soft. Seren hasn't been satisfied after her feeds either? Just wondering whther it is the mastitis, the antibiotics or whether my milk supply is diminishing for some reason. Did your milk supply build itself up again, or did you haveto do something?? Sorry for allthe questions x

I definately noticed a drop in production and it was around that time that I topped Ella up with formula in the evenings when my supply was at its lowest. I think I read on the net that it's the mastitis that affects your supply, but also some babies get a bit of a bad tum from the antibiotics and think that the tummy pains are hunger pains so eat more. The first time I was on them Ella kept feeding, breaking off and crying. So I cuddled her in and a few minutes later she did the biggest poo ever, it sounded like an adult with diarreah, poor maid :(
I expressed quite a bit when I had mastitis and gave Ella it in a bottle as I was feeling really rough. Why don't you try giving Seren a whole formula feed tonight (or today if it gets really bad!) and express whatever is in there to use as a top up with her next feed if she needs it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back