How much does your baby take?

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Ella seems to take what I think is a lot of milk. In the past two and a half hours she's taken 9oz of expressed milk. Is it me or is that quite a lot? I'm struggling so much to keep up with her and my nipples are really sore. I can't imagine having a life as she feeds every two hours in the day and I am shattered, the thought of leaving the house seems impossible at the moment, I'm literally chained to my baby and the sofa feeding or expressing.

She put on 1lb 2oz this week and just seems to eat constantly. I'm going mad!

braydon was taking that at a young age at nites and he was sleeping through but during the day was taking less

hey Rosie :D

Naomi was small and lost a lot of weight because she didnt have the latch on reflex and couldn't suck properly at first. So I am feeding her three hourly at the moment and she's showing a steady weight gain. She has gained eleven ounces in the last week.

She is taking about 70-80 mils- about 2 and a half to three ounces at each feed at the moment. However, she is still very small, only five eleven.

Hope that is some help

Sue

Aimée is bottle feeding so I don't know how much difference that makes but she has never taken more that 4oz, usually 2-3oz. She has between 12oz and 20oz a day and she sleeps through then night. I'm constantly worring that she isn't drinknig enough.

Rubie takes between 4oz and 5oz every 3 to 4 hours if being fed from a bottle but when she is on the breast I don't know how much she taes, sometimes she is on there every hour... :shock:

Phoebe is all over the place with her feeds at the moment. Generally she is having 6oz of formula every 3-4hrs. And goes about 6-8hrs through the night normally.
She has jumped from 4oz every 4hrs to the current 6oz every 3-4hrs in a week :shock:
I'm just reading her signs and going with the flow now!! Given up trying to monitor everything. She is happier than normal since Ive given her more milk and she's not being sick so I'm bacisally bottle feeding on demand :D

Im bottle feeding Dylan and his on 6oz every 3 & a half hours and he wakes up every 5 hours at night

It took 6oz to placate Ella yesterday and she's not even a month old yet, and that was 2 hours after she'd had 4oz. Last week she took over 35oz of expressed breast milk in a 24 hour period, plus the breast, plus formula. She weighs 8lb 5oz. I'm sure she's not supposed to be eating this much :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back