When to put LO in Snugglesuit?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
It's getting really nippy here, temps around 5c in the night. Wondering if it's cold enough to put Brooke in her snugglesuit tonight? Don't want her to be too warm as it's really fleecy the one I've got. I normally have her in a sleepsuit, swaddle her, then tuck her in with another blanket - what do you think? X

I've benn wondering this myself . It was freezing last night and we normaly wrap lily the same way as you , But I'm wondering is it time for a fleecy sleepsuit ?

we never used fleecy sleepsuits as Os room is always 20 degrees, lowest it goes is 18 when its really freezing outside. we just add an under layer and use thick tog sleeping blanket. at the mo hes in short baby gorw, pjs and 1 tog sleeping bag. x

It depends on your baby tbh. Paige was a proper cold baby and she used to really feel it when the weather got colder. Id say hold off for a bit longer if you can and maybe just before you go bed see if you think she may get cold and double over the extra blanket?

I don't own a snugglesuit, but the past few nights have been putting poppy in her normal vest and sleepsuit, then in her zip-up baby sleeping bag which is quite thick with a really warm lining and she seems happy in that, although this morning when I got her out of her cot and gave her a cuddle, her little button nose was freezing, bless her! I'd say it's cold enough for a snuggle suit, but also depends if you have the heating on or not. xx

I don't own a snugglesuit, but the past few nights have been putting poppy in her normal vest and sleepsuit, then in her zip-up baby sleeping bag which is quite thick with a really warm lining and she seems happy in that

Same as charlie and he seems fine.

I normally swaddle Brooke but she somehow always wriggles her hands out so they're really cold in the morning! Her hands and feet also get cold really quickly! I've put her in the snuggle suit with a short-sleeved vest underneath and half swaddled her under the arms with a thicker blanket than normal. She seems to be a nice temperature but will check again when she wakes for her feed. I don't have the heating come on until 630am so really don't want her to be chilly.
I haven't tried Brooke in her sleeping bag yet, how are Poppy & Charlie getting on with them? X

I love the sleeping bag. She always kicks her blankets off in the night no matter how much I tuck them in, so I know she'll stay warm in the sleeping bag as she can't kick that off! Her hands get really cold, too, but the past couple of weeks I've had to keep scratch mits on her permanently because she kept scratching herself really badly (she made her ear and face bleed!) - it looks like she's trying to gauge her own eyes out sometimes! So the scratch mits help keep her hands warm. x

I love the sleeping bag to, i had to put charlie in his as he is such a wriggler he turns sidewards and moves up and down in his crib, so with the sleeping bag he doesn't seem to move very much now with it, but if he does the sleeping bag moves with him, so i know he is safe and warm still. x

Try not to worry to much about if hNds or feets are cold as this will not tell u if the baby is. I would put thin socks on over his pjs last winter and then an extra blanket ( before we started sleepingbag)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back