arrrggghhhh Colic..

Samsgirl

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure she has it bad today.....she will not go down and hasnt slept since 6am...

keeps crying and her legs pull up and wriggle like mad....there also been a few good pumps earlier on....

anyone any good tips or remedies to help?? xx

Alyssia is suffering too. Are you breat feeding or formula?

Try lying her on her back and make her legs do a circling motion, or put her across your lap on her front and rub her back. We have so fa swapped formulas, using Dr brown bottles and also using infacol before evry feed. It seems to be helping so far touch wood! Apparently after visiting the GP on monday there is no miracle cure and what works for one bab wont necissarily work for another.

Saying that its soooo frustrating seeing them writhing in pain, Alyssias seems much worse at night!

Shes really young to get colic, mine got it later, is she Formula fed? could she be a bit bunged up, constipated? She has been in you for ages and then out she comes and feeds all day long? maybee some bottled water would help. When we formula fed my older three and had colic we used infacol drops before the feed that really helped join all the little bubbles together into big bubbles that come up easier when winded good luck

Cameron developed it at 3 weeks, I won't lie it was hell. The only thing that really helped was putting him over our shoulders and bouncing. Lying him on his side helped slightly and swaddling him. Gripe water helps now but Hannah's still to young for that. He still gets it now although it's not quite so bad. I really hope it's just a bad day she's having and not colic because it's awful :( :hug: x

My OH's niece has got Colic and her mums finding it an absolute nightmare, I really feel for her!
So far she's tried changing her Cow & Gate formula to the 'Comfort' version (which is meant to ease colic), anti colic teats/bottles etc, Infacol, gripe water, sugared water and is now gonna try Colief.

I really don't have anymore input, but I hope it disappears soon. It must be so stressful :(

My midwife noticed big signs of colic in my LO at a week old so never too young to get it :(

When you put her down do you put her on her back? I used to roll up a small blanket and put her on her side as it made her more comfortable. Then just lots of bouncing and walking around. Baby swings are amazing for it too and slings.

Colic is the work of the devil I swear and is enough to make you lose your mind! :hug:

My midwife noticed big signs of colic in my LO at a week old so never too young to get it :(

When you put her down do you put her on her back? I used to roll up a small blanket and put her on her side as it made her more comfortable. Then just lots of bouncing and walking around. Baby swings are amazing for it too and slings.

Colic is the work of the devil I swear and is enough to make you lose your mind! :hug:

Blimey, I had no idea they could get it that young! nightmare, I remember my older ones having it later than that, but it did disapear ovenight as fast as it came, so hang in there :nap:

I didn't even know what colic was until she said it! It lasted for about 3 months. Rubbish!

Probably a stupid question but are you sure its colic?

The reason I ask is because I have had a nightmare of a time since meghan was a week old, she screamed and cried constantly for 24hrs a day, was sick and screamed in pain ( you could see the pain in her face ) didnt sleep at all and you couldnt wind her, it was sheer hell, the HV said try infacol, it made no difference, she said change to coleif - made no difference, then she said change to comfort from sma - made no difference.
In the time it took us to get from 2wks old to 8wks old we had seen 4 doctors and been to A&E 3 times. All the time I said something is wrong with this baby, could she be cows milk protein and lactose intolerant like I was when I was a baby - no they said not possible and completley disregarged the idea. Try her with a bit of calpol and prescribed her baby gaviscon, this made her worse and in 24hrs she didnt keep any milk down at all so we knocked that on the head.

Finally after taking her to A&E for the 3rd time ( me ready to kill someone by this time and having wasted away down to a uk size 4 to 6 within a month of having a c section ) we saw a younger doctor who finally agreed with me as she had seen a baby with the same symptoms and within a week of changing it to infasoy it was fine.

We changed her onto infasoy and within 48hrs she was a different baby, no more screaming and crying ( she now only cries if shes hungry and her bottle isnt coming quick enough ), no more v+ and d+ and she smiles and laughes, she will now sleep in her moses basket and is happy to sit in her bouncer/ rocker. I wish they had listened to me in the begining as it has been sheer hell from weeks 1 to 8 and its only in the last couple of weeks ( shes now 10wks old ) that I have been able to enjoy her and continue to plan our wedding which is now only 7 wks away.

Last edited:
The hipps organic formula is cheaper than other formulas and has got that prebiotic in it. Difiniteky worth trying that combined with cOlief. I only give one formula bottle a day but this and colief with every feed made such a difference.

Its funny you should mention Hipp formula. That was the only formula that I used that seemed to sit nicely with my LO. She stopped being sick half as much and winding her was so much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back