Colic...

wishuponastar

Reaction score
Hey ladies. Has anyone got any good tips or words of wisdom about colic and how to help my little lady with it? She screams in pain :sad: and puts her little legs in the air. I'm using Infacol but have had a loooonnngggg night with her. Any help would be much appreciated!

xx

Colief (sp) is supposed to be really good! We used infacol with AJ.

Poor baby :hug:

We used infacol too, I think they say it takes a couple of weeks before it reaches its full effectiveness.

It's heartbreaking but they do grow out of it. We used infacol til Oz was 3 months and since then he handles his wind just like his Dad, out both ends with ease lol

xxxxx

Are u bottle-feeding? Dr browns bottles helped zac xxx

Hi hun. We used infacol, but stopped working after about a month, then gripe water.
I thought I was going demented, and didn't think it would ever end. But it did! (lol kind of).
The only thing I will say, is where I was so used to him screaming hysterically, I found it hard to know if something was wrong, because it was the norm!
We went to our gp about it, an he was put on baby gaviscon from about 3mths, til last month, and within a few days of starting, he was a dif baby, so maybe ask ur gp, because apparently reflux and colic often go together, or can be confused for each other etc?
Xx

we found infacol, gripewater etc.. really didnt really make any difference at all. The only thing that worked was aptimil colic and constipation with colief drops in it. Bloomin expensive but worth it for your baby not to be screaming 24-7! Also we used to swaddle him which really helped him to calm and fall asleep. Good luck! I hope you find something that works, you have my fullest sympathy!! :hug:

Same here, using Aptimil Colic and Constipation fomula with the Colief drops. As tiny said, it's expensive but worth it! Hope it gets better for you xx

Thanks ladies. Have been using Infacol but it's not really doing much. Also she's bringing up a whole bottle once a day so maybe there's a reflux issue too! Think I'll take her to the GP to check. Sooooo tired!

xx

Aw sorry to hear LO is still struggling. Sounds like could be relux, or an intolerance to the milk maybe?

Really hope you get some answers soon and get LO feeling better xxxxx

Try Colief dear. It helped 90 percent of colic and reflux problems with my baby. I had numerous visits to GP and HVs and later bought colief on advice of mum here and that did the trick. Good luck

^^ same here, my LO used to do the most impressive projectile vomit and the GP would only prescribe infacol :roll: I found colief and the aptimil colic milk made such a difference it was like having a different baby, and gave my washing machine a break! :lol: some mummies got the colief on prescription but my GP wouldnt cos its expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back