Arnica Tablets

katastrophic

Reaction score
Anybody use any herbal remedies such as tea tree oil and arnica tablets to promote quick healing? Just wondered if anybody noticed the benefit of them? Got c section booked now and wondered if these are suitable as want to do as much (or as little!) as possible to get me healing quickly!

Kat x

I'm not sure about hat but there is a ceasarean belt you can buy from motherbliss.com that you can make hot or icy to give relief and protects your scar so you are more likely to heal quicker :D

Hi

I used Arnica in 30c dosage and also tea tree oil and lavender oil in my baths and on maternity pads to help my stitches. As this was my first birth I'm not sure how effective they were but I certainly didn't suffer much discomfort from the stitches and felt that I generally recovered quite quickly.

I think they recommend Arnica in 200c dosage for a c-section, my friend had one 4 wks ago and swore that drinking peppermint cordial made her feel a lot more comfortable as it eased the gas (not sure what she meant by that?!)

Lucy
edited to say I didn't have a c-section - sorry if it sounded that way!

I used arnica tablets a month before i went in for an operation - a few years ago. I was told they would help boost my imune system, prevent me catching a bug before my operation and help speed up recovery. Don't know if they worked.. I did get pretty run down for a few days after but i don't think i suffered awful. Only ever had one operation in my life so nothing to compare it to... I'm not sure if your allowed to take arnica tablets whilst pregnant.. I'd check up on that first. I've bought some arnica jell from a health shop to rub onto my skin after labour. You can't use it on broken skin but can use it on swelling or bruising.. aparently takes swelling and brusing away quite quickly... i've also got some lavendar oil for the bath and a lavendar pillow (the kind you pop in the microwave)

x

hayley said:
I've bought some arnica jell from a health shop to rub onto my skin after labour. x

You will not want to be rubbing or touching it Hayley trust me!! haha

My midwife recommended the arnica tablets but my swelling went quicker then i could get to the shop. xxxx

oh no.. is it really that bad? is it sore to sit? how long do you have to pout up with sore bits? i don't want to do this now.... :oops:

Yep it is sore to sit hayley, I borrowed a sponge cushion that my grandad had when he was pooly which helped me. Badedas bath oil also helped the healing process too. Think positive you may be ok and not tear hun!

Xxx

sorry hayley, didnt mean to scare you!!

Yer it is sore for a while.... mine is getting better now and Ellis is a week and one day. Mine might have been bad though cos my midwife had to take me stitches out as she said they was put in really bad and was pulling me all over the place, it felt better when they was out but not i am soooo scared it will not "stick" back together in the right places!! xxxx

I have heard arnica is good after a c section.
This will be my third one and i am seriously thinking about using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back