Argh, rant at my Dad

NickyB

Reaction score
I've not been on much this week, but still annoyed so thought I'd share!

My Dad's going on about giving Lucy food, aww, she wants it and so on. It's driving me nuts to the extent I don't think I'd trust him if he knew I wasn't looking.

We were out last week for lunch, he was asking if he could give Lucy some ice cream on his finger from my Gran's pudding. *NO*, everyone said (even my Gran, which I surprised me).

Then next thing, L is being held by my Gran, who has turned to see something, my Dad gives L a paper packet of SUGAR of all things!! As all five month old babes do, in the fist and straight in her mouth to the shock of everyone else at the table. He looked thoroughly annoyed when we all told him off.

Argh, OMG and all that. What a fantastically stupid thing to give a baby!! I feel really mean posting this, but he's not gonna see it is he?! lol

:hug: Dont feel to bad love My Dad tried to give Collier a chip from the fish and chip shop i told him off for it :x
My Dad said its only one chip i told him i didnt care he wasnt to have fatty food like that

:shakehead: Some would say i went over the top but he's my son as Lucy is your daughter and they should respect what you want your child to comsume or not.

But dont be to hard on your Dad im sure he will get ove it and come around to your thinking my Dad did in the end. :D

:hug:

My brother did this when we were all on holiday together, DD was 3 months old and he said about giving her a lick of ice cream (it's just ice cream you know!) and I said no, the next thing he was offering his finger to her with ice cream on it! I snapped at him and told him to concentrate on bringing his own kids up and I'd concentrate on mine! When the time comes that you are ready to start letting your LO try foods it's up to you to choose as and when as you are the parent. I don't know why people are so offended when you don't let them do what they want with your own child. :shakehead:

Last edited:
a friend of mine's inlaws really wanted to be the ones to feed their grandchild, so when she let them baby sit (the one time she let them) they gave him formula (he was exclusivly breast fed) and pureed foods at three months! She had specifically told them no to btoh when they had asked if it was ok for them to do this but they ignored her and did it anyway.

Her parents live in Kazykstan (spelling??) so she now uses friends rather than family to baby sit.

Sandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back