Oh rant!!!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I am going to attempt trying to get ready for the Grand National tomorrow! I need to be out the house by 11am...

How on earth am I going to do that with Harlow!

OH has seriously annoyed me over this! He goes to the gym every Saturday morning and he is refusing to give it a miss this Saturday so he wont have her in the morning so I can get dressed in peace!

I have thrown an absolute dicky fit over it! He works away all week so I have no time to myself day or not. I am on my own looking after her. He come home from work and buggas of to the gym all saturday morning, then goes out his stupid car, then goes to his friends. I never once complain about this until today! I have not had any me time in over 2 months now! I have not been out with my friends for a year! Surely I am not asking alot!??

He keeps saying " Yeah well your on maternity leave and I am working all the time"

Somebody hand me a frying pan!!

Last edited:
Arrrghhh! Men don't seem to understand that while it's lovely and rewarding to look after our babies it's hard work. They don't get it and yet they can't spend even half an hour on their own with the LOs!!!!! Honey you sound unbelievably reasonable, it is so unfair of him not to allow you this time to get ready I'm peace xxxxx

I have a stun gun if you would like to borrow??

Not fair of him that hun. I hope he sees sense x

Ugh, why do men think maternity leave is a holiday? Restraining myself from going off on a massive rant lol

But, I know that my OH would defo help me out with LO alot more than your OH is prepared to do from what you say, not even on a one-off :shock: Can't believe it, he sounds really selfish tbh, sorry to sound harsh though!

You have defo put up with alot, and it shouldn't even be an issue, he should be wanting to spend time with his LO after not seeing her all week... what on earth is wrong iwth the man?

:hug:

I think you are a lovely mother and oh to your oh. I would have reached for the frying pan months ago.lol. I do understand they work all week but we work all EVER. and it is extremely hard to get ready even just to go the shop throwing shoes n coat on, so getting dressed up for the grand national will be hard...when does Harlow have her naps? (gorgeous name BTW!) And is your oh going with you? I'd be purposely not ready on time if he is taking you, and then go on about well if id had help this morning... Or if not is there noone to ask to come round or maybe a friendly neighbour if you know them well? X

Totally agree about men thinking mat leave is a holiday... And now I'm not going back to work next month so now all I get is, you don't have to work...yes my DARLING but I really DO extremely hard. Has your oh ever had her for the full day? My oh hasn't, about 3 hours mac...ppl say to let him take Charlie for the day but he's useless, I know he'd be starving, tired and have a big bulging nappy full of wee, not to mention dirty wet dribbly top! Lol x

Wow your OH is being v selfish! Being mum to a new baby is not a holiday and is a 24/7 job-much more tiring and more hours than his job! I really hope Harlow behaves and let's u get ready in peace so you can enjoy yourself xx

Does ur OH not understand looking after a baby is a full time job . It's not as if ur sitting round all day doing nothing . Am so jealouse ur going the races I go every year but can't afford it this year xxx

i completely agree having a child is not like working at all when i was at work i had set lunch breaks and knew when i stopped and started, i'm lukcy some days to even drink a hot drink when it's hot or eat a meal before it gets cold. if my OH spoke to me like that i'd of told him to go and not come back my little boy is more important that any gym/ friends.

friends and gym memberships are only temporary children are forever

hope u get it sorted hun xx

I never get any 'me' time. I know how u feel. I work and then I come home and it's all about Owen. Whereas yes oh works but plays footy and meets his mates and also has a marine fish tank hobby . He also 'presumes ' I'm free to with Owen all the time. My dads kindly paid for the gym for a year for me so I will be going and when he is home e will have to look after Owen. I put up with enough from him. I need me time!!

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Very naughty of him!! I back TORino and go with the stun gun!! I had to be at the clinic for a midwife appt at 10.30am the other day - it nearly killed me!!

Oh no hun that is very mean of him all rite but im sure he is just being a typical man and not thinking rather than being deliberatly selish,

Can you let him mind her before the gym so u can have a shower and dry your hair then maybe put her mobille on in her cot and see if she will entertain her self there while you get dressed and do your makeup and get everything ready?

i know how u feel my oh is useless,he hasnt done a night feed/nappy change since junior was born..they think cuz they work long hours,they get away with doing nothing at home..pissed off with it too and had it out with oh tonight..hes sulking now..grrr..
enjoy your day,try get as much prepared tonight as possible..xxx

My OHs sulking and pretending to be asleep, cause he went to bed late last night watching films etc till all hrs of the morning, so muffins here has to get up at 5 with Charlie. His excuse is, I do it every Friday you go to bed early anyway, YES because I'm tired from getting up early?? So selfish men, when do we get nights or weekends off? The good thing is I feel secure in the knowledge that I could do this as a single mum as he does feck all anyway, surprised Charlie even.knows who he is x

Oh I'd go nuts!! My OH regularly uses 'your on maternity leave' I told him the other day, maternity leave is mon-fri 9-5 from work, the rest of the time is our time so WE should be doing it!! Grrrrr!! You really need to sort that out.

My OH goes to the gym in his lunch break which works out well for us but last night dropped it that his old boxing gym is re-opening and he's gonna take his mate down there twice a week (after work!) errrr no Ur not mate!! Xx

My oh has not yet changed Theo's nappy! He has seen him in the bath once. He gets up goes to work comes home after 8 expects tea cooked then few hrs later expects cup of tea made.
I have an 11 week old and 4yr old to look after. I take dd to nursery 3 days a week and have to leave house at 8:30 with both kids.

He's only given Theo an expressed bottle twice and one of those times was at dd 4th birthday party.

I had to cancel and sell my ticket to go see mrs browns boys recently as he wouldn't of managed.

He says he works a full day and I don't so I should do these things I've told him he can have both kids for the day and night alone!

Really hope you get sorted and get to the national. I'd give him a list of jobs too like we all have to do in the day, cooking, cleaning, washing etc

X

My oh has not yet changed Theo's nappy! He has seen him in the bath once. He gets up goes to work comes home after 8 expects tea cooked then few hrs later expects cup of tea made.
I have an 11 week old and 4yr old to look after. I take dd to nursery 3 days a week and have to leave house at 8:30 with both kids.

He's only given Theo an expressed bottle twice and one of those times was at dd 4th birthday party.

I had to cancel and sell my ticket to go see mrs browns boys recently as he wouldn't of managed.

He says he works a full day and I don't so I should do these things I've told him he can have both kids for the day and night alone!

Really hope you get sorted and get to the national. I'd give him a list of jobs too like we all have to do in the day, cooking, cleaning, washing etc

X

What is wrong with men !! looking after a baby is a job 24 hours a day not 9-5 . It really annoys me when they expect to come home and have tea made why can't they do it themselves. My OH is the same tbh but he is getting abit better. Xxx

ouch i feel sorry for you ladies, my OH comes home from work and then cooks us tea lol. he has Alyssa every evening between 12 and 4am so i can sleep and just brings her up to me so i can breastfeed her and he will wind her and rock her to sleep etc so i dont have to get out of bed. i really appreciate the things he does so i dont moan when he never does the dishes or forgets to hang up the laundry when i ask lol

Louise - how did you get on, did you get ready in time?

xxxx

ouch i feel sorry for you ladies, my OH comes home from work and then cooks us tea lol. he has Alyssa every evening between 12 and 4am so i can sleep and just brings her up to me so i can breastfeed her and he will wind her and rock her to sleep etc so i dont have to get out of bed. i really appreciate the things he does so i dont moan when he never does the dishes or forgets to hang up the laundry when i ask lol

And the award for dad of the year goes to mr bevG!! Lucky lady :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back