Ill looking after LO?

ft90

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm seriously stressed out today. I've been really ill for 4 days now with strep throat, I can't swallow or eat, I'm vomiting all day, have a raging temperature, headache, nausea, stomach pains, blocked ears, the works. Hoping to see a doctor tomorrow but I'm visiting my Dad in Holland so it's easier said than done because I don't have my own doctor.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for looking after a baby when you're ill? My Dad works all day, so I'm on my own. I'm stressing out so much!

I'm being really careful not to give Caleb the infection, haven't given my little boy a kiss in days, last night he was grabbing my cheeks trying to give me kisses but I had to keep putting him down, he didn't know what was going on! But I'd rather him feel neglected for a couple of days rather than him feel how I feel now! Poor thing has had 2 teeth through in the last 10 days, I don't want to add to it!

xx

Last edited:
Aww poor you! Hope you get better soon! Can't really offer any advice x

Awww, that's awful, hope you feel better soon once you get some meds, can't really offer any advice about coping, is there noone that can help you out? Xx

, is there noone that can help you out? Xx

No, not really... My Dad is at work all day so I'm in the house on my own... I wish I was at home because then I know my Mum would take Caleb all day so I could just relax! Ironically I don't think I'd be ill if I was at home though because I'm convinced I caught this on the plane! xx

Aww that's a shame, can only offer a BIG hug, not much good I know but hopefully once you get some medicine things will get better xxx

Hope you get better soon, i've been in your shoes & its not easy. You dont have to be happy/smiley every day to LO, do what you need to do & rest as much as you can. You just manage when you have no help...it'll pass soon enough & im sure the doc will give u something.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back