argh!!

Hypnorm

Reaction score
families can't live with em can't live without them but had a night mare day yesterday!
hubby, ewan and my self arrived back from a lovely visit to my in laws in scotland at 2am on sunday morning and we were looking forward to a family meal with my mum, dad, grandma and grandad in the afternoon. well we get a phone call at 9am - my great aunty (my grandmas sister) has phoned to annouce she is visiting to and they are travelling from yorkshire, so mum phones to say my grandparents won't be coming for lunch, and will we come over so that grandparents can see ewan, hubby says no, we don't want to drive over (30 min drive) as we are both tired, i'm feeling dizzy through lack of sleep and we had been in the car for 7 hours. mum says that we will upset grandpaerents if we don't come, or suggest that we bring aunty over to us - again tom sayd no as aunty doesn't come on her own she bring her son, his wife and granddaughter!!
anyway all he breaks loose coz we won't travel and tom puts the phone down on my dad... i'm just sat thinking why didn't we stay up in scotland for another day.

my great aunt is a typical hyacinth bucket (if you know what i mean) she doesn't think to phone a week in advance - she phones 8pm the day before or as was the case 8am on the day of visit.

i can understand my grandparents wanting to see her as my gran is 84.

But i was annoyedd that no consideration was given to me or hubby. we were expected to come over. in the end tom phoned and said they could come over to us and we would try and make sunday lunch stretch!

so i was trying to tidy up!! but in the end i though sod it!! if she don't like the clutter tough!! the mood hubby was in i think he would have chucked her out ther door.

so we ended up with 11 people for sunday lunch in a typical 3 bedhouse!!

then to top it all aunty had bought ewan an easter gift which when she showed me looked like white choccie buttons and i said ok they would be fine - just to keep the peace - but i later came through to aunty trying to forcefeed ewan white maltesers!!! he could have choked!! :shock: luckily my grandma had spotted them and taken them off him and my mum had picked up ewan as he was screamming!!!

ARgh---- :wall: :wall: anyway the meal went down well we ended up with some left!! every one is speaking again - but all this fuss coz of my aunt!!

sorry for the long post but needed to have a rant!! :evil:

oh god i couldn't have done all that!!

After travelling all that way the last thing you needed was all that fuss!

Older family members are always a pain, they think the world should stop for them!! I have a few of them to! :roll:

Families are a nightmare - sounds like you had a shit day! As the for the malteser thing - I would have gone mental!!! Some people have no sense.

Hope you've chilled out now hon, glad your hubby sticks up for you though :)

What a polava hun! Think I would have told the lot of them to sod off! i haven't got time for half my family as they are all for themselves with no consideration, so I gave up trying to please them! Hope you're more chilled out now and things run a bit smoother next time your aunt comes to visit!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back