• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there any other first-time mum's on here?

Hi, I feel the same as you all!
I actually forgot I was pregnant the other day and went into topshop to buy a pair of small skinny jeans! Then I remembered and thought what is the point!!!!! lol!
I am 30 and most of the time feel about 21...but I do feel ready for a baby. Having helped raise a neice helped and looking after my partners 5 year old daughter.
I want the weeks to fly by if I am honest so that there is less and less chance of anything going wrong! I feel very sick a lot of the time and have cravings for salty foods!

Heatherlucie

(7 weeks and 5 days)

Hi again, heatherlucie,

I'm completely with you on wanting the weeks to fly by. I'll be happy with just getting to Sunday so I can tell my mum!!

ahhh bless, what do you think she will say?!Will this be her first granchild?
Let me know how it all goes!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

No, second grandchild and she adores Kenzie (my niece) but doesn't see her that often due to distance. I don't necessarily live around the corner but we're really close and speak every day and it has been killing me not to say anything to her since Tuesday!!

Hi everyone!
I'm a first time mummy and scared stiff!!! I just keep thinking roll on october so I know I've got through the 9 months without any problems! Ha!

Hi there peeps, another first timer here. Some of my friends have kids but not my very close friends so its so good to be able to get on here and chat and read other people's posts, knowing there are other people going through this makes it a bit easier!

At work the other day one of my colleagues came in with her new born. I just freaked out, no one knows at work yet (apart from my manager) so I couldn't tell anyone why I was so quiet but it was just the sight of such a small pink squirmy thing, so helpless. Completely threw me.

I don't think it has really hit me yet, plus I really don't want to get too excited until 12 weeks is up, just in case. Does that sound weird?

Princessx my OH is away on opp tour also and doesn't come back for 6 months, hard isn't it. Although at the moment it's kind of good as he is so generally unsympathetic when it comes to sickness I think he'd be stressing me out more if he were here.

I'm 9 weeks today

My friends partner was away in the in east for most of her pregnancy and the first two months. She had just moved to the states too so she could be with his family. It was hard for her.
Hope you don't have it so wrough XX :hug:

I'm a first timer too.

Ocean I'm just the same. I love babies but it creeps me out a bit seeing them now as I wonder how I'll ever be able to handle the responsibility. I mean, that little person is COMPLETELY dependent on you....

But on the other hand I still can't believe that the olive-sized thing in my (ever bulging) belly is eventually going to turn into a teeny tiny (well, too big for my liking but still :lol:) baby. A person. Who will grow up as little angel or a little devil depending on how WE raise it.

Ok I need a stiff drink now I think :lol:

First time mummy here too :wave: I think if we didn't worry about all we are worrying about things would come as a bit of a shock! I was panicking the other day and i started to think about some younger girls than me (i'm 32) and thought if they can manage than i must be able to :pray:

charly said:
Hi everyone!
I'm a first time mummy and scared stiff!!! I just keep thinking roll on october so I know I've got through the 9 months without any problems! Ha!

Congrats charly and welcome! :hug:

Morning all!

Welcome to the other new mummies who posted. Its really helpful to be in contact with other people. I've got friends who have babies, or toddlers but I don't really want to tell them until after the 12 week period is up.

I'm getting used to the twinges, in fact, I'm actually enjoying them as they are the only sign I have that I am actually pregnant! Am fully considering buying another pack of Clear Blue tests this weekend just to make sure!

I went to Pilates last night and told my instructor that I am pregnant and she literally jumped for joy! She was so chuffed for me and she's not really even a close friend! It kind of gave me a glimpse of what other peoples' reactions might be and I liked it very much! I've told my two good friends at work and they were completely over the moon and its nice to have someone to get excited with apart from DH.

One person that I'm quite apprehensive about telling is my best friend. She's been trying for 5 years and is now on the waiting list for IVF. I know she'll be happy for me, but I don't want to upset her. Anyone else in the same situation here?

My pilates instructor told me that I'll be fine to carry on with it until 12 weeks but should then move onto yoga, swimming and just gentle workouts in the gym. I can carry on running as well up until I start to get too heavy and should look out for signs of excessive sweating (nice), breathlessness and pain. Just basically employ some common sense. She's going to do me a programme that I can do in the gym which is really sweet of her.

Just read that back and it makes me sound like a real Sporty Spice, but I'm not!!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!

Aww fulton that's nice when you get a good reaction like that :D

As for telling your friend, I have had that situation with a friend of mine who has miscarried and been trying a while but at the end of the day, as long as you give her time to react and don't catch her off guard, she will be thrilled for you. It may be hard for her but if she is a good friend she will support you and be over the moon no doubt.

But still, I do understand it's a worry.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back