Are my waters leaking? Should i call MW?

Lucy_Jane86

Reaction score
Im 38+2 and for the last couple of days ive felt almost constantly really wet, ive used a pad today and its off white and quite sticky. Doesnt smell like pee. Baby was engaged at my MW (midwife) appointment on tuesday, she didnt say how much though, just that she was in down in my pelvis. The pressure in my hips and down low is getting more intense now, even just sitting down my hips hurt and laying down is a nightmare.

Tmi, sorry... ive had piles since yesterday too, i think due to the amount of pressure, so im wondering is she just moving lower or could my waters be slowly leaking? Ive had no contraction/BHs or period like pains since saturday night after losing what i think was part of my mucus plug.

And OT (off topic) but yesterday had an hours nap with DD (dear daughter) and woke up having to run to throw up, felt fine before and after, anyone else had this? x

I'd go in and get checked. They won't turn you away. Plus if it turns out it's nothing to worry about it'll put your mind at ease :)

Definitely get checked. I think my waters went a few days before labour, it was watery but only a bit, then stopped, then just leaked a little every so often. Clear with no odour until the bloody show just before labour, then it turned pink and became heavier and more consistent. I never had that gush and was never wet or soaking pads, it was more like a urine leak, but wasn't lol.
I had no idea at the time as MW told me it was waters if I was soaking a pad.
Thankfully everything was fine and birth went perfectly, but it can leave you open to infection so get checked to be on the safe side. It does sound like waters to me though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back