April 2020 Mums

Oh and snacks, I packed things like cereal bars and those tiny little squash bottles you can buy x

I've got a bandeau dress from Matalan for labour. Can just pull it down once delivered to allow for skin to skin. I've also packed clean clothes for my man... He works on roads and often covered head to toe time he finishes and I've visions of him turning up to hospital covered in mud packed energy drinks and snacks for both of us. Spare phone charger cable. Usual wash bag and makeup, towel etc

Nursing bras... Head up. Just found pack of 2 in Lidl for £5.99. measure up slightly smaller than my normal size but comfy and soft

Last edited:
I’ve got 2 pairs of pjs, a light dressing gown, slippers, a nightdress for wearing when I’m in labour, 4 pairs of big black pants, leggings and a top to wear coming home, then my toiletries. I think that’s everything.

I’m having loads of Braxton hicks too, mine aren’t painful but my stomach goes rock solid x

Sometimes my stomach goes rock solid and feels heavy and horrid but it doesn’t hurt, is this a Braxton hick?

Oh that’s exciting! I thought it was just gas or something, for some reason I thought Braxton Hicks were supposed to hurt!

Oh that’s exciting! I thought it was just gas or something, for some reason I thought Braxton Hicks were supposed to hurt!
No they don't hurt. Just body practicing.i get loads when I walk now.

What a weird time it is here (Lombardia, Italy). All my prenatal appointment were cancelled due to cronovirus. We are in lockdown. I need to get some bloods taken tomorrow but I dont know where the safest places to go. I guess the place with the least people. It all this extra stress which you couldnt imagine.

I dont know what to wear for the labour, any ideas, everything else us packed? It will get dirty wont it and it needs to be something that i can easily feed the baby after. I cant go to buy something as all the shops are closed till the baby due date (5th April).

I dont know what to wear for the labour, any ideas, everything else us packed? It will get dirty wont it and it needs to be something that i can easily feed the baby after. I cant go to buy something as all the shops are closed till the baby due date (5th April).

I’ve bought some nightdresses that button at the front so easy access for feeding x

How are we all feeling about being due so soon and coronavirus? I’m a bit scared, my hospital has drastically reduced visiting hours and you’re only allowed one visitor per the visiting hour. They can’t swap over and no siblings. They also said their aim is to get people discharged 6 hours after delivery if everything is straightforward. I’m actually ok with having no visitors at the hospital but sad my daughter can’t get in, won’t be an issue if I’m home 6 hours later though!

Not a huge deal but also don’t know how much we’re gonna be able to get out and about afterwards with talk of closures etc, just an uncertain time! X

How are we all feeling about being due so soon and coronavirus? I’m a bit scared, my hospital has drastically reduced visiting hours and you’re only allowed one visitor per the visiting hour. They can’t swap over and no siblings. They also said their aim is to get people discharged 6 hours after delivery if everything is straightforward. I’m actually ok with having no visitors at the hospital but sad my daughter can’t get in, won’t be an issue if I’m home 6 hours later though!

Not a huge deal but also don’t know how much we’re gonna be able to get out and about afterwards with talk of closures etc, just an uncertain time! X

I’m pretty nervous, I’m not due until the 30th so still 7 weeks to go and things may have changed by then but I said to dh, I’m glad they are in my tummy safe, I think I’ll be a nightmare with a new born if it’s still up in the air.

my midwife called me today, my go surgery is closed for all routine appointments, I have to go to another surgery, wait outside in the car and she will call me and once she is happy I don’t have coronavirus they will allow me to enter the building.

I'm wearing like a strapless beach dress that I can pull down after birth

My 2 previous babies both arrived on 38+0 I'm now 37+1 so literally could be 6 days away from having baby and I'm worried about all this virus crap. I wanted kids to come and see me at hospital. I may discharge myself as soon as baby is born and go home where it's safe and clean.

I’m pretty nervous, I’m not due until the 30th so still 7 weeks to go and things may have changed by then but I said to dh, I’m glad they are in my tummy safe, I think I’ll be a nightmare with a new born if it’s still up in the air.

my midwife called me today, my go surgery is closed for all routine appointments, I have to go to another surgery, wait outside in the car and she will call me and once she is happy I don’t have coronavirus they will allow me to enter the building.
I hate to say it but I'm not sure itll be over in the next few months :/ here in nz we have 8 confirmed cases and I expect it to rise alot before it comes down again. I've been making sure I'm as healthy as can be incase though

I hate to say it but I'm not sure itll be over in the next few months :/ here in nz we have 8 confirmed cases and I expect it to rise alot before it comes down again. I've been making sure I'm as healthy as can be incase though

same! I think it’s going to get worse before it gets better. I’ve got visions of a couple of months of maternity leave stuck in the house/garden.

I’m trying not to go anywhere unless absolutely necessary but have 6 days of work left front of house in a public building x

Is anybody else getting light headed frequently? Im eating well and staying hydrated but every few hours it just keeps hitting me and I have to lie down before the room spins. My midwife has checked my blood pressure- it's all fine, I'm taking my iron tablets and baby is moving heaps so hes ok too. It's really knocking me about though, I'm worried I'm going to hit the floor any not realise or something

Is anyone else having anxiety about delivery? I’m worried with coronavirus getting worse in the uk by the time we go into hospital the nhs is going to be under huge pressure and we won’t get the normal standard of care.

I read a leaflet for a hospital in England, I’m Scotland but imagine it’ll be similar across the board. The leaflet said to be aware that they expect significant delays in getting pain relief and epidurals. That terrifies me in itself.

I’m a bag of nerves x

Is anyone else having anxiety about delivery? I’m worried with coronavirus getting worse in the uk by the time we go into hospital the nhs is going to be under huge pressure and we won’t get the normal standard of care.

I read a leaflet for a hospital in England, I’m Scotland but imagine it’ll be similar across the board. The leaflet said to be aware that they expect significant delays in getting pain relief and epidurals. That terrifies me in itself.

I’m a bag of nerves x

I’m a bag of nerves about the whole coronavirus situation in general, especially about having a newborn. I’m quite relaxed about the actual labour itself.

It’s a horrible time but so many woman across the world are in the same situation we just have to do what we can to keep us and our babies safe.

you’ll get through the labour Rainbow. I know you’ve got this x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back