April 2020 Mums

my daughter was only 6lb 7 at 40+6 but perfectly healthy and she has thrived. Bear in mind growth scans are notorious for being inaccurate so don’t dwell on it too much. If they are concerned about the growth baby is better out than in so it’s great that you are being looked after and monitored x

my daughter was only 6lb 7 at 40+6 but perfectly healthy and she has thrived. Bear in mind growth scans are notorious for being inaccurate so don’t dwell on it too much. If they are concerned about the growth baby is better out than in so it’s great that you are being looked after and monitored x
It's because all my other babies been on 80-90 percentile and this on just below 10. So it.doeent add up to them

Hopefully baby will have a bit of a growth spurt for you before your next scan x

It's because all my other babies been on 80-90 percentile and this on just below 10. So it.doeent add up to them

I know, I’m getting growth scans this time too as my daughter jumped to the 90th centile after birth so they think with her the placenta wasn’t working very well towards the end so keeping an eye on it this time. Was just trying to offer some reassurance that they can be perfectly fine even if they look small in scans x

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well x
I thought I'd check in, I have low iron currently and finding myself to feel quite wrecked. My midwife wants me to take iron tablets as my levels are low but they always seem to cause havoc with my gut so in hoping I can get what I need through food instead :/

I have another growth scan booked end of march and I'm pretty much organised for the baby now :) my midwife has had to go overseas as her father is passing so I'm nervous she may not be back in time. We had started to talk about a birth plan, my daughter wants to be at the birth now so I've asked her (all going well and no complications) if she would like to cut the cord, and my midwife was coaching her through how to deliver also if she wanted, which she seems quite keen to do. Shes very curious about my body and asking questions all the time, if I cant answer it she rings the midwife and asks her. It feels quite strange as shes 10yrs old and I feel as though shes far ahead of her years. Things could completely change when it all happens but for now she is such a big support and we are enjoying the excitement together <3

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well x
I thought I'd check in, I have low iron currently and finding myself to feel quite wrecked. My midwife wants me to take iron tablets as my levels are low but they always seem to cause havoc with my gut so in hoping I can get what I need through food instead :/

I have another growth scan booked end of march and I'm pretty much organised for the baby now :) my midwife has had to go overseas as her father is passing so I'm nervous she may not be back in time. We had started to talk about a birth plan, my daughter wants to be at the birth now so I've asked her (all going well and no complications) if she would like to cut the cord, and my midwife was coaching her through how to deliver also if she wanted, which she seems quite keen to do. Shes very curious about my body and asking questions all the time, if I cant answer it she rings the midwife and asks her. It feels quite strange as shes 10yrs old and I feel as though shes far ahead of her years. Things could completely change when it all happens but for now she is such a big support and we are enjoying the excitement together <3

There are some liquid dissolving iron supplements which are much gentler on the gut which might be worth a try.

absolutely adorable to hear about your daughter, she’s going to be an amazing big sister x

There are some liquid dissolving iron supplements which are much gentler on the gut which might be worth a try.

absolutely adorable to hear about your daughter, she’s going to be an amazing big sister x
Oo I've never heard of such a thing, def will look for some!

Oo I've never heard of such a thing, def will look for some!
Look for spatone... You add this liquid to orange juice. It tastes like metal but they don't effect your gut at all. I had to take during a previous pregnancy.

I love that your daughter is being so involved.

Can officially say we are due next month! Ahhhh!!! X

how exciting!! How is everyone feeling about labour? I’m quite nervous, I had a traumatic Labour with my daughter so hoping this one is better x

Can officially say we are due next month! Ahhhh!!! X
Yay!! Bring it on!

@Rainbow1234 I'm excited to get this baby out :dance: I'm ready to be able to move without pain again and for my feet to stop swelling. I've resulted to sleeping all over the house, I'll start in bed, wake up and move to the couch, then move to the lazyboy and even curled up with my daughter the other night. I'm struggling to get more than 2 hours at a time zzzz

Yay!! Bring it on!

@Rainbow1234 I'm excited to get this baby out :dance: I'm ready to be able to move without pain again and for my feet to stop swelling. I've resulted to sleeping all over the house, I'll start in bed, wake up and move to the couch, then move to the lazyboy and even curled up with my daughter the other night. I'm struggling to get more than 2 hours at a time zzzz

Oh I definitely relate!! I’m ready to feel like my body is my own again, I can hardly bend to put my shoes on. I get restless legs in bed so I’m constantly moving one side to the other. How unfair that we’ll be able to get a better sleep when we aren’t pregnant but we won’t because then we’ll have a newborn haha. It’s all worth it though x

how exciting!! How is everyone feeling about labour? I’m quite nervous, I had a traumatic Labour with my daughter so hoping this one is better x

I’ve been doing hypnobirthing and honestly it has completely changed my mindset and now I’m just excited and labour and really relaxed. I noticed a difference after only a few weeks so I would recommend if you’re feeling anxious. They do special ones for people who have had traumatic births/ if it’s not your first birth x

I’ve been doing hypnobirthing and honestly it has completely changed my mindset and now I’m just excited and labour and really relaxed. I noticed a difference after only a few weeks so I would recommend if you’re feeling anxious. They do special ones for people who have had traumatic births/ if it’s not your first birth x

Thanks! I did this last time but when I was in pain I couldn’t focus enough on it so it didn’t really work for me. I’ll maybe look into trying it again though, can’t hurt to try it! X

Thanks! I did this last time but when I was in pain I couldn’t focus enough on it so it didn’t really work for me. I’ll maybe look into trying it again though, can’t hurt to try it! X

Yeh even if it relaxes you in the run up might be worth it! I’m sure it will all be fine though, you can do this, you managed to get through it before! X

Had my last day at work Monday. Got 35 week midwife appointment tomorrow. Only 7 days until we find out if they are going to induce me early.

Luckily I'm sleeping fine, bump still feels small to me and trying to remain active as possible. I weighed myself and only put on 2kg since booking in appointment so no wonder baby is not growing so much.

Last edited:
hope the midwife goes ok, you have a lovely bump, doesn’t even look like you’ve got any stretch marks!

hope the midwife goes ok, you have a lovely bump, doesn’t even look like you’ve got any stretch marks!
Luckily I don't have any. But this is 4th baby and got loads with previous babies. Front of bump very bruised from clexane injections, so far injected 53 times

Luckily I don't have any. But this is 4th baby and got loads with previous babies. Front of bump very bruised from clexane injections, so far injected 53 times

oh bless you!

Had my last day at work Monday. Got 35 week midwife appointment tomorrow. Only 7 days until we find out if they are going to induce me early.

Luckily I'm sleeping fine, bump still feels small to me and trying to remain active as possible. I weighed myself and only put on 2kg since booking in appointment so no wonder baby is not growing so much.

Goodluck for your midwife appointment and hope everything goes well x

I met my backup midwife today and I am dreading birth with her if my midwife isnt around. I'm a pretty laid back take things as they come person but she seems like a total hippie.. I mentioned I'm having some hip pains and she said I could look into healing crystals. She had some freaky posters, Crystal's everywhere and was burning some weird smelling candle. She just gave me a vibe like I'll be giving birth while shes dancing around the room chanting while burning sage or something.. I meet her again in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll have a better impression next time.. or I might just deliver my baby myself :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back