April 2020 Mums

Goodluck for your midwife appointment and hope everything goes well x

I met my backup midwife today and I am dreading birth with her if my midwife isnt around. I'm a pretty laid back take things as they come person but she seems like a total hippie.. I mentioned I'm having some hip pains and she said I could look into healing crystals. She had some freaky posters, Crystal's everywhere and was burning some weird smelling candle. She just gave me a vibe like I'll be giving birth while shes dancing around the room chanting while burning sage or something.. I meet her again in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll have a better impression next time.. or I might just deliver my baby myself :rotfl:

maybe she’ll try to get you dancing and chanting too :rotfl:

I met my backup midwife today and I am dreading birth with her if my midwife isnt around. I'm a pretty laid back take things as they come person but she seems like a total hippie.. I mentioned I'm having some hip pains and she said I could look into healing crystals. She had some freaky posters, Crystal's everywhere and was burning some weird smelling candle. She just gave me a vibe like I'll be giving birth while shes dancing around the room chanting while burning sage or something.. I meet her again in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll have a better impression next time.. or I might just deliver my baby myself :rotfl:

this sounds like my worst nightmare lol I hope next time you get a better impression... Otherwise you’ll need to stock up on your crystals haha x

Oh I like the sound of her lol sounds like the birth would be very relaxed. We don't have a hospital in our town so the midwife I meet for appointments is just a community one. But I've met a few on labour ward when I went in for monitoring and they all seemed lovely.

Midwife appointment went well, baby is 3/5 engaged and she told me to write my birth plan tonight. Just a week wait now to see consultant to decide on inducing me early.

We had such a rubbish difficult start to this pregnancy that time went so slowly, feeling like we’d never make it to 12/20 weeks but the last 6 weeks or so have disappeared in a flash!! I’m 34 weeks, 1 more week at work!

I’m only 32 weeks, not due until the 30th April so I may not have the baby until May!

only one more month left at work for me.

I am sorry if this seems a really stupid question but why do people wash all the baby clothes before baby gets here? I don’t wash mine before I wear them and what do people use to wash them?

I’m only 32 weeks, not due until the 30th April so I may not have the baby until May!

I am sorry if this seems a really stupid question but why do people wash all the baby clothes before baby gets here? I don’t wash mine before I wear them and what do people use to wash them?

im 34 weeks now and can’t believe it, times flying in!

I think it’s just personal preference because you don’t know how long they’ve lay in warehouses, if they’ve been dropped on shop floors etc. I personally don’t wash new stuff, I’ve only washed things I put away from my daughter as they’ve been stored for years but do whatever you’re comfortable with x

Do wash them! I never used to until I once wore a shirt right out of the store which gave me very bad rashes. They made my skin feel like it was burning. They often treat the fabrics with harsh chemicals to set the colour. I never wore anything anymore before washing and wouldn't dream of putting my newborn in unwashed clothes. And like @Rainbow1234 says, you never know how long they have been lying there, how many people have touched them, if they fell on the floor etc.x

I washed everything for my boys before they were born and intend to do the same this time round. It’s on my list of jobs to keep me busy on maternity leave next week!

I feel guilty now like I should be doing it then! Whoops!

We've just been away for 4 days visiting family and friends before the baby comes, definitely overdone it all as I'm exhausted and the drive took over 5 hrs each way.. so many loo breaks too. I've collected the last of what I need so now I'm full nesting mode, beds are ready, clothes drying and ready to go on hangers/in draws

I keep getting these sharp pains at the top of my tummy and right down at the pubic bone.. things are getting rather uncomfortable yet the midwife said hes still sitting high :/ I dont remember feeling this stretched with my first, I'm a little nervous to know how big hes getting at my next scan.. feels like his feet are going to pop through my body

Just had my 37 week appointment with consultant. Baby has gained weight and gone up a percentile. So no induction for me. Just a matter of waiting. They will let me go until 10 days past EDD then will induce me but I said only break waters, I don't want chemicals used. If that doesn't work then it's c section.

I wash every thing in fairy powder and conditioner. Smells lush, that's the only reason lol

Just had my 37 week appointment with consultant. Baby has gained weight and gone up a percentile. So no induction for me. Just a matter of waiting. They will let me go until 10 days past EDD then will induce me but I said only break waters, I don't want chemicals used. If that doesn't work then it's c section.

I wash every thing in fairy powder and conditioner. Smells lush, that's the only reason lol
Good to hear baby is putting on weight and no early induction :)

Is as anybody else getting nervous/emotional? I was so excited the other week and now I'm so emotional :( I feel like I'm running out of time to spend with my daughter and I'm starting to panic at how everything is going to change so much. I feel like I cant remember anything being so long ago

Good to hear baby is putting on weight and no early induction :)

Is as anybody else getting nervous/emotional? I was so excited the other week and now I'm so emotional :( I feel like I'm running out of time to spend with my daughter and I'm starting to panic at how everything is going to change so much. I feel like I cant remember anything being so long ago

I was literally crying on the sofa last night to my husband because I am scared of everything about being a mum, how much will I change? Will I be happy with the new me? Will I still remember to be his wife? Will he still fancy me? Will the baby be happy? What if someone is mean to the baby? Etc etc

It is scary and emotional and your life will change loads but you’ll love it. My husband was talking the other day about his single friend who goes on holiday basically every month and he was saying what a great life, I said ‘you wouldn’t change being our girls dad for holidays’ and he said in the most sincere way ‘nah I definitely wouldn’t’. There’s bits that are hard but you get through them and they’re outweighed by the good.

Countrylife you arent running out of time to spend with your daughter, she’s not going anywhere. And it’ll be so nice to see her in her new role as a big sister. I understand what you mean though, I don’t want my daughter to feel left out but just need to make sure we make an effort to still give her 1 on 1 time.

I’m so ready to finish work, I’m so tired x

Oh god I'm so emotional. All my kids are ages 9-14 so it's a big gap and the baby will suddenly take up a lot of my time so I worry how they will feel.

Kind of wish I was still at work. It was a great distraction and now I have all day to think... Thinking is dangerous haha

Oh god I'm so emotional. All my kids are ages 9-14 so it's a big gap and the baby will suddenly take up a lot of my time so I worry how they will feel.

Kind of wish I was still at work. It was a great distraction and now I have all day to think... Thinking is dangerous haha
My girl is 10, 11 in july so I'm feeling the huge age gap for sure.
I keep constantly getting groin pains and feels like cramps, wondering if hes settling lower or if its Braxton hicks? I've never experienced them before that I know of..
I need to pack my hospital bag just incase, what is everyone putting in their bag for themselves? I have baby stuff sorted but no idea what I'll need apart from maternity and breast pads.

My girl is 10, 11 in july so I'm feeling the huge age gap for sure.
I keep constantly getting groin pains and feels like cramps, wondering if hes settling lower or if its Braxton hicks? I've never experienced them before that I know of..
I need to pack my hospital bag just incase, what is everyone putting in their bag for themselves? I have baby stuff sorted but no idea what I'll need apart from maternity and breast pads.

I’ve got 2 pairs of pjs, a light dressing gown, slippers, a nightdress for wearing when I’m in labour, 4 pairs of big black pants, leggings and a top to wear coming home, then my toiletries. I think that’s everything.

I’m having loads of Braxton hicks too, mine aren’t painful but my stomach goes rock solid x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back