*****April 2016 mummies*****

I've never heard of a phone phobia before? Is it speaking to people you don't know??

Hopefully you'll get your date on the next day or two so you can have something to get excited for!! Xx

Hey girls :) So i got a letter from the Hospital confirming i do not have to pay my treatment so i'm well happy about that. I had very strong nausea and fever yesterday, it was so bad i had to stay home sick. I'm still not 100% but hopefully i'll be ok. I have my dating scan due on the 20th of October (think i'll be 13+2 then). For some reason i think i'm already showing (or maybe it's in my head)... I'm a rather big girl but my belly sort of shifted. I just hate waiting for the scans... i wish we had like a built in sensor that would tell us our babies are growing nice and healthy

hi mummyandpj, do you have a close friend who could pretend to be you and phone up? I'm guessing your husband cant put on a female voice hehe?

got mine on weds afternoon, in fact I was originally offered todays date, if only I had taken it I would know by now of I'm truly pregnant (still think it might not be real) This is taking forever to find out!

Hi all, I've been lurking forever on here since having my first who will be 3 in November. I spent my life on here in my first pregnancy. Had him at 32 weeks. I'm now approx 10+ 2 weeks edd around 16th April. Still waiting for a scan date which is frustrating because I just want to tell people. Suffering from terrible Neusea in the evenings. Starting to pop out a bit already too. X

Hi everyone, so I have now been prescribed promethazine hydrochloride for my unbearable nausea. Has anyone else taken this during pregnancy? I've googled it and I'm in two minds as to whether I'm comfortable taking it or not, confused!

my private scan is on Friday hoping they will give me a date as my dates are a bit guess work!
woop woop
the nhs one is on 6th october
fingers crossed all ok!

I have a question. Has anyone had a problem with taking vitamins? Like i have tried 2 brands already (ASDA and Pregnacare) with both i have noticed that on the days i take them i feel absolutely nauseous. If i forget them though i am fine. Has this been an issue to anyone else?

hi, are you taking the vitamins with a your biggest meal? I think this is the recommendation on pregnacare. I could be wrong

Yeah i have been, they still make me feel sick though :( I might call the midwife tomorrow and ask what do to do

Have u tried taking them in the evening? That's when I take mine- mainly because I forget during the day x

yeah i always eat mine around dinner/or after if I'm being lazy/forgetful. I don't feel to bad with them unless I nearly choke on them, then I feel awful haha... Why are they so big?!

the only reason i don't do it in the evening is that i work 5pm-1am so i come home and i really can't remember to take them :( I might try it though... Anything to stop feeling like this

I have this too but I'm just persevering with it till the 12 week mark at least!

If you are really struggling and can't cope then you could stop the vitamins and just take folic acid daily xx

I might try to suck it up for another 3 weeks... But if it keeps affecting my job I'll have to stop... I can't afford to lose my job while pregnant and planning a wedding :( I'm sorry to hear you're going through the same Jnyfer...
I really am struggling with knowing what's normal and what's not... :( yesterday I got horrid pains on the right side of my lower abdomen but I think that it was my ligaments :( I just don't want to spend my entire pregnancy on the phone with the midwife you know?

Vitamins are making me feel really sick as well and to be honest I've stopped taking them so that I can function! I figured it's better that I can eat and get nutrients that way than take the tablets and live on biscuits!

I didn't think of the vitamins making me feel more nauseous until I read it here. So today I decided to take my vitamin at bed time tonight, so far I don't feel as bad as I normally do throughout the day....wonder if taking them at night will help. Fingers crossed!

hello I'm new on here and due April 2016 :)

Be lovely to speak to some of you on here about your experiences and to get as many first time mummy tips as possible :)

Rachael Xx

I got some free nutrimum cereal bars so I am trying them to see if they don't make me sick. They just smell like bird food though... And the taste is a bit funny

Welcome Rachel! :D And congratulations. Do you know your EDD yet?

I have my Nuchal/Dating scan next Weds when I'll be 12+4. Soo excited but sooo nervous!

Hmm yeah, I'd say try the vits with dinner or with a milky drink at bedtime. I need to take 2 Pregnacare and they are bloomin' huge!

Aw thank you. Originally my EDD was 3rd April, but at my first ultrasound yesterday when I was supposed to be 12 weeks, they told me that baby was 10 weeks, so 16th April or so. I don't really understand as I had tracked everything on an app pretty accurately. But April baby non the less!

I've tried the nutrimum bars too, the raisin and chocolate ones aren't bad but they are a little dry. A milky drink along with one of those did the trick for a day off my normal prenatal vitamin x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back