*****April 2016 mummies*****

Hi Mel, welcome to April mummies :) I'm just a couple of days ahead of you, due 1st April, got my dating scan this afternoon! I'm also really anxious about it, even though I had a private one at 9+1 and all was looking great. This is my first so all a bit overwhelming! Wednesday isn't long to wait and I'm sure it'll be worth it to see your little one. X

thanks jenny! Its my first too, its all very new. 1st April actually matches all of my calcs too, its mentioned in my notes as the edd but the agreed as 3rd April. Either way it looks like we are at a really similar stage.

desperately hope there's a baby inside after all this fuss. They don't confirm pregnancy here, you just book straight in. I think ill have to go into hiding if it turns out I'm not pregnant and I've been going on about symptoms.

glad it sounds like all is going well for you :D. Lets see where the dating scans put us! :D

Last edited:
really looking forward to my scan...or at least getting my date for it!

Hi Ladies, my dates worked out the 1st April too but after a scan at 8 weeks I was put forward by 3 days so now a March Mummy. I'm waiting anxiously for my 12 week scan too to get a definite date I can count down to :)

Tri 2 is so close, I can't wait to have a proper bump and start feeling kicks to keep my mind at ease as I'm still struggling to find HB on Doppler.

PP xXx

Welcome Mel! My edd is the 3rd too after my first scan at 8+1 (ivf clinic) and im now waiting to see midwife at booking in appt tomorrow then to arrange next scan!

I cant help thinking something may have gone wrong since seeing baby bun so the sooner I get to see him/her again the better! X

Hi Mel, congratulations! :) welcome to April mummies ♡♡
I've added you to the list now, always nice to see the list grow xx

At my booking in app the other day, my midwife put my edd as 2nd April?! I don't know how or why it's a day later. I turn 40 weeks on 1st. Worked it out the same way as my last preg and that was never altered and I got that spot on, not to mention all the online calculators gives me the same with a 28 day cycle. She even asked me if it was a normal 28 day cycle, so I'm thinking it was a mistake on her behalf.
Just a bit annoying as everything is going to say I'm due 2nd April now, instead of 1st like the exemption card etc.

Has anyone else came out of their booking in app confused as to why their edd has changed? If they've changed.
It's only a day but it's frustrating.

When my little boy was born they told me he weighed 7lb3oz. We have a picture of him in the scales in kg, and to our conversions he was in fact 7lb1 very almost 7lb2, so when people ask how much he weighed I feel like I'm lying by saying 7lb2 instead of what was officially given to me. Like how I'll feel with this due date now.

I'm very particular about these things haha xx

Last edited:
My booking in I told her I was exactly 12 weeks.... She marked my paperwork as 11+6 all because she said she should have seen me sooner than 12 weeks. She left my file blank for EDD and said she'd check once I had my scan.

Annoying! It's like it's nothing to them but it's s massive thing for us!!

PP xXx

My booking in I told her I was exactly 12 weeks.... She marked my paperwork as 11+6 all because she said she should have seen me sooner than 12 weeks. She left my file blank for EDD and said she'd check once I had my scan.

Annoying! It's like it's nothing to them but it's s massive thing for us!!

PP xXx

That's crazy! That's like covering her own back for not seeing you before 12 weeks.
But surely that can bite herself in the backside. What if you don't get a scan until 14 weeks now, but they think it's okay because they think you're infact 13+6. That day difference is the difference in being able to have the test for downs and not.
If you wanted it done.

How annoying! xx

hi mummyandpj, I started a thread on this a few days ago, couldn't figure out why I was pushed forward 2 days either. Doesn't match any online calcs.

minimal but feels like going backwards hehe. No idea what it is xx

hi mummyandpj, I started a thread on this a few days ago, couldn't figure out why I was pushed forward 2 days either. Doesn't match any online calcs.

minimal but feels like going backwards hehe. No idea what it is xx

Ah thay was your thread was it?! I thought I'd read about it somewhere!! :')

Of course it's not going to change when bubba comes, but it's just frustrating isn't it? Oh well, I guess it means that our medical exemption cards will last those 1-2 days longer :') xx

yes my week milestones used to be Friday (so id be the big 12 tomorrow) but now I have to wait till Sunday!

EDD in my notes is 1st April ( I didn't give them that but it matches my calcs) then below it says agreed date 3rd.

boohoo

yes my week milestones used to be Friday (so id be the big 12 tomorrow) but now I have to wait till Sunday!

EDD in my notes is 1st April ( I didn't give them that but it matches my calcs) then below it says agreed date 3rd.

boohoo

You'll still be the big 12 tomorrow (same as me!!) as it's goes by lmp, just supposedly we have a longer pregnancy by how they've calculated it.
We can't adjust our lmp, so we'll still be what we'd be.
Unless ladies with longer/shorter cycles than 28 days went by ovulation edd instead. But generally done by lmp :)
If that makes sense? :') xx

Last edited:
Had my First appointment today... well... i have a BMI of 38 :( so i'm having an extra appointment... My dating scan is going to be the 20th of October... Blood pressure is fine and i had some blood taken for tests... Hopefully everything is fine... i worry too much about my little jedi... :( I feel terrible for being so unhealthy though

Try not to be too hard on yourself about your weight. I have a BMI of 32 so I have extra bloods etc done but it shouldn't affect the pregnancy or my baby. You will feel better about yourself if you just start to make healthy food choices, do some light exercise and drink plenty of water. Little changes like that will make you feel a million times better! And remember this body you hate so much is giving you the best gift in the world, so be kinder on it!! :) xx

I had my dating scan today and EDD is 8th April �� told our other 2 children so it's all real now! I'd attach a pic but not sure how xx

Don't worry so much about the weight stuff. Your lil Jedi will be just fine! The docs will keep an extra eye on you and you may even have extra growth scans later on in the pregnancy!
I was overweight with my first but the pregnancy was textbook. I didn't mind the extra care just because I had booty to share ;)

Thank you girls :) I feel like the people at the hospitals and stuff are really insensitive about it... They immediately treat you like the baby is going to be born deformed or something... It was immediately people telling me everything i could be doing wrong... I'm actually really careful about myself though... I don't drive so i mostly walk everywhere, i drink loads of water and i'm mostly careful about what i eat (i have my random takeaways and i can't be close to chocolate) i really don't understand why i keep gaining weight

I had my dating scan today and EDD is 8th April í*½í¸ƒ told our other 2 children so it's all real now! I'd attach a pic but not sure how xx

Congrats Ruth how lovely that you can now share your news with the world!! How did you children react? What are their ages? My daughter is only 2.2yr so doubt she will full understand what's happening til baby is here!! X

They have to read the guidelines to you i suppose. Yes, there can be complications but no one is 100% 'safe'. The stress right now won't be doing any good so chill out and grab some chocolate! Baby needs it ;) hehe

So, I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and my symptoms have just started to show. My boobiedoos are tingly, nausea quite often and the occasional sickness. Extreme tiredness (still) and a heavy sensation in my tummy. Plus I'm showing and can't hide it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back