• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*****April 2016 mummies*****

Millie you really should take your tablets.

They are perfectly safe and you'll end up very poorly if your being that sick all the time. You'll get dehydrated and end up in hospital!

XX

Hey everyone

I woke up this morning and my symptoms are kind of gone which is scaring me :(

I've had a horrible stomach ache for about 3 days now, a high up stomach ache, like it between my floaty ribs and a little higher up too :(
I'm thinking it's where I'm currently unable to go for a no.2 properly (not that ladies poo, of course!!) It's been able 3 days since I've been able to go properly. I have no pain low down, just way high up. Does that seem right if it's constipation?

My partner bought some duck pancake rolls yesterday. Whilst putting the box in the fridge, I became so queasy just looking at the picture of them on the box. There's something that just gets me about mini pancake rolls, I was sick on them years and years back. But Jesus, just looking at the picture of them made me feel awful, to the point where I nearly cried!

If i get one this time round, I'd love a healthy craving, like water! Hehe xx

I've been wanting a lot of water and veg... And yesterday i couldn't stop thinking about eating boiled eggs (eventually did some)

YAAAYY, 8 WEEKS TODAY AND JUST FOUND BABY'S HEARTBEAT WITH THE DOPPLER FOR THE FIRST TIME!! :)

SO HAPPY, BEEN A PARANOID WRECK!

Found my little boys at around the same time last time, but didn't manage to record it until 8+3.
I feel like I can breathe a little now knowing there is a little heartbeat in there right now, just praying he/she hangs on in there xxx

Last edited:
So scan went great, saw a lovely strong heart beat and it feels like a lead weight has lifted off my shoulders. Took daughter and she was amazed and they gave her a photo to keep. She was made up.

I'm measuring later so instead of 8 weeks today I'm 8+3 which means I'm now a March mummy!

However for the sake of a few days I'm going to hover between April and March boards ��

PP xXx

Happy the scan went well PP and baby bean has caught up so much that your dates have gone forward!

Wow Mummyandpj... I didnt know you could pick it up so early thats great!

X

Mummyandpj - yay for finding the heartbeat I tried last night but had no joy, will leave it's another 3-4 days then try again.

PP - congrats :) I too am hovering between the two as a) I don't know my due date at all & b) my daughter came 3 weeks early so I could potentially be a march mummy too

My first scan is 2 weeks Monday, can't wait :D I am feeling sick every morning and evening, throughout the middle of the day I am usually ok. Sometimes actually sick but rarely. Sooo different to my last pregnancy when I was sick 3-4 times / hour all day I couldn't function / work I was a mess lol so feeling very grateful :) xx

My daughter was 4 weeks early so I'm was already half expecting to be a March baby but even more so now.
Looks like we're going to be very similar throughout :)

PP xXx

Aww that's amazing about doppler :D

I will probs be a March mummy with twinnies I would think lol :) x

Even if I'm a day early, I'll be a March mummy too!
:')

What traitors we are, but will stick in here regardless as that's the due date I'm going by until I'm told otherwise :)

My little boy came 2 days early, so we shall see!!

Despite having a big family, we have no March birthdays so I guess a March baby will be a welcome addition :) xx

Hi HappyVRK
Welcome to April mummies club!
All this talk of early babies! Just my luck I'll be overdue . well as long as it's baked long enough. Lol.
Been getting upper stomach pain. Like indigestion all the time - anyone else?
Xx

Hi ladies I need some advice from any lttc-ers

My SIL and BIL (OH's sister) have been trying for a long time and have recently been told their only option for a baby together is IVF and even then chances are slim. All very emotional and my heart breaks for them.

I want to tell them the news we are expecting our second in the most delicate and respectful way and I just don't know how to do it. My oh seems to think they will just be happy for another niece/nephew and I'm sure they will but but it will also be a massive blow with all their recent news.

Any suggestions? I really don't know how to deal with this. Txt? Tell them separately to other family, act like everything's normal and it's just brilliant news? Honestly I'm loosing sleep over this my oh thinks I'm mad! X

Holi I was an LTTCER and during that time my friend had 3 boys , I was always happy of her news even though she was worried to tell me ... I'd maybe have a little tear alone but I was always over joyed for her .. You accept that others will fall pregnant it doesn't make you any less made up for them.. My friend always told me first before a big annuncement so it wasn't a shock or a slap in the face x

I will defo be telling her before any public announcement I think my main worrys is - when telling them do I address what they are going through or do I just act like i would with anyone else? I don't want her to feel like I'm being insensitive by not acknowledging their struggles but I also don't want her to feel like I'm singling her out and acting like she wouldn't be happy! X

I agree that they will be happy for you but I would tell them on their own etc before any big announcement :)

It's always been a fear of mine that SIL will announce she is pregnant at one family gathering and everyone will be overjoyed and my first gut reaction would be to burst into tears. Then the happiness would come. And I wasn't even at the ivf stage yet. I think having to watch family members happy reactions when you've been trying so hard to give them the same thing is really hard. When my friend was pregnant she told me by text. I am over the moon for her now and sooo excited for him to arrive but I'm glad she didn't tell me in person as I did cry at first.
I think they will be really happy for you but it will be hard.
So defo tell them before, just how you feel best telling them :). But they wouldn't want you to feel scared of telling them or anything. I would hate the thought of making someone feel bad that they are pregnant etc. Xxxx

Ooh it depends on them I think. I think I'd rather people acknowledged it even if it was just saying I thought I'd tell you this first as I know it must be hard for you. Then announcing it like normal :). They will be really happy you considered them I bet :). Xx

Thanks Millie that helps a lot I might convince oh not to tell everyone all together the way you described it makes perfect sense

I'm only scared of causing upset - my OH's brother has just had 'surprise' twins (no4 & no5) arrive last week and my mil told me it's really knocked my SIL. Obviously she has never voiced this to anyone but I just feel like this is going to be another kick in the teeth.

I too would acknowledge it whilst telling them. I am sure they will say it's about you & how happy they are for you (which they will be) but also means you understand that it may upset them. Although I was not a lttc my first 2 pregnancies were mc's then someone close to me got pregnant & I was so happy for her but sad for us & she acknowledged it & shared a few happy/sad tears with me and it was lovely......

I am also in a tricky situation, one of my best mate just lost her baby at 22 weeks and is heartbroken and I can't bring myself to tell her & worry about how to say it :(( so sad xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back