Appointment with GP in an hour.....

Laura78

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I've got my first appointment with my GP in less than an hour and am feeling very nervous. Rather than drive my OH crazy with the madness going on in my head I thought I'd come on here and share with you instead!
I've been having some unusual mid cycle bleeding,around the time of ovulation. It's only been happening since we started TTC,probably just a coincidence right enough. The bleeding isnt like AF, its only there when I wipe (sorry TMI) and I'm sometimes passing clots around the size of a small walnut. So,I figured it's best to go get it checked out. I'm sitting here with my stomach churning,wondering what she might say.....
Do you lovely ladies have any ideas or has anyone else experienced the same?

I don't have any experience hun I just wanted to say best of luck and you are doing the right thing seeing the Dr - they will know exactly what to advise!

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks hun. I'm back and the appointment went ok,my GP couldn't have been any nicer. First thing she did was take my blood pressure,which she says was a little higher jan normal though probably down to the fact I was going to see her. She says she will keep an eye on it. Anyway,I explained to her about TTC and my recent symptoms. She did a smear test (ugh!) and said she would wait for the results of that before doing anything else. She did say it was probably nothing to worry about,but until I get the results,I know I will drive myself crazy!
I also explained that we had been TTC for 4 months now and although we're not overly concerned at this stage,we'd like it to happen sooner rather than later because OH is 40 (and I'm 33). She said I've to go back and see her in a month,by which time she'll have my smear results and will then do an internal scan to see if anything shows on that. Also,she said because of OH's age,she would send us for fertility tests sooner than later if things don't happen in the next month or so. So,all in all a positive visit to the doc,just frustrating to have no answers yet.
Feeling kinda crampy since the smear so off for a long hot soak in the bath :)

awe glad ur dr was good hun. also good shes sending you for tests sooner rather than later. hopefully it wont come to that tho xxx

It may just be ovulation bleeding hon, but it's good that you got it checked out - your doc sounds nice :) Fx you get some answers soon... xxx

Thanks ceebee. I'm hoping it's something as simple as that but because it's a change I thought I'd better get it checked. Plus,we're now on the docs radar re fertility testing if needs be,so that's good too :)

Yeah, defo - good to keep the docs in the loop, especially if they're helping like your doc seems to be.... Fx it is something simple - I find my body does weird things all the time, so I know it can be stressful, but usually nothing comes of it.... Keep us posted :) xx

Thanks hun. I'm back and the appointment went ok,my GP couldn't have been any nicer. First thing she did was take my blood pressure,which she says was a little higher jan normal though probably down to the fact I was going to see her. She says she will keep an eye on it. Anyway,I explained to her about TTC and my recent symptoms. She did a smear test (ugh!) and said she would wait for the results of that before doing anything else. She did say it was probably nothing to worry about,but until I get the results,I know I will drive myself crazy!
I also explained that we had been TTC for 4 months now and although we're not overly concerned at this stage,we'd like it to happen sooner rather than later because OH is 40 (and I'm 33). She said I've to go back and see her in a month,by which time she'll have my smear results and will then do an internal scan to see if anything shows on that. Also,she said because of OH's age,she would send us for fertility tests sooner than later if things don't happen in the next month or so. So,all in all a positive visit to the doc,just frustrating to have no answers yet.
Feeling kinda crampy since the smear so off for a long hot soak in the bath :)

I didn't want to scare you but I suspected Dr would want to smear test you!

It's not nice (although I am a weirdo and don't mind smear's at all - I even let students have a go LOL) but once it's done, it's done!

I have also had a lot of internal scans - They are fine and only last 10 minutes at most. I assume Dr will be checking for fibroids, cysts and checking your cervical lining.

I am glad you Dr is taking you seriously...

I wouldn't worry too much about you BP. I have a total phobia of having my BP taken and it's always higher than it should be (I prefer a smear or a blood test to having my BP taken!!)

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi girlies,
Just a little update from me...just got in from work and opened a letter from my doc. It was the results of my smear (a whole lot earlier than expected) and thankfully I got the all clear! Phew!
I'm currently in my 2ww,due to test on 8th. I had the mid cycle bleeding again last month so have a follow up appt with my GP nxt week. She said last time she would do more tests and if I'm not pregnant (pleeeeease let it happen this month!!) then she'd maybe do some blood tests.
Will keep you posted.
Baby dust to you all :)

Ah - great news honey :) what a relief! I'm in my 2ww too, but won't test til the 10th... seems like ages!! Really hope it's both our months this month :) ps - I'm born in 78 too - am guessing that's your birth year?? xx

Thanks hun. Yeh,I'm delighted that it came back clear. A bit puzzled now tho as to what's causing this bleeding. It could just be ovulation bleeding I guess but it's new for me to have it so really want to know for sure. I know what you mean,this 2ww is taking ages....I almost bought a test on the way home but resisted temptation....far too early!
I hope this month is lucky for you too.
And yip,I'm an old mummy wanna be at the ripe old age of 33! :)

Lol Laura - 33 is young, I will be 40 in June. I will be an ancient mum when I do conceive ;-) sending lots of baby dust to you xxx

Lol Katkin! We're only as young as we feel eh! X

Thanks hun. Yeh,I'm delighted that it came back clear. A bit puzzled now tho as to what's causing this bleeding. It could just be ovulation bleeding I guess but it's new for me to have it so really want to know for sure. I know what you mean,this 2ww is taking ages....I almost bought a test on the way home but resisted temptation....far too early!
I hope this month is lucky for you too.
And yip,I'm an old mummy wanna be at the ripe old age of 33! :)

My body has been doing all sorts of weird things since starting ttc - maybe it was doing it before but I didn't notice...?? Oh well, as long as it doesn't happen again, just put it down as one of those things.... Not long til testing for you now anyway :) (tho it seems like ages!!) Yeah, I wanna be a 33 year old mum, but actually even if I get pg this month, I'll be 34 when I give birth - yikes! Where does the time go??!! Wishing you lots of luck and willpower to hold off from testing too soon ;) xxx

Yeh,I'll be 34 too if I am lucky this month. Do have to confess to POAS tonight tho....ooops! :whistle:I'm obsessed! Every month I tell myself I won't do it nor will I spend every hour of the day symptom spotting but I still do. Test was BFN but not out til the witch arrives :)

I'm having a rubbish 2ww with loads of symptoms (some of which I may be imagining or are being caused by a meciation I was on which was effecting my hormones) and I so don't want to get my hopes up - have decided to test on 10dpo (Tues) as can't make me feel any worse than I do now.... Booo to the 2ww - hope you're coping better than me xxx

Fingers crossed your symptoms are BFP related!
I woke up this morning with mega sore boobs (which I normally get with AF anyway) but my OH actually passed comment on how huge they are looking today!!! Ha ha!
Hope the next few days don't drag by for you hon and you get that elusive BFP next week :) xx

:dust: and :bfp: wishes for you girls!
The only time i seem to get excited about in my cycle is in the few days around ovulation. The 2ww is an absolute nightmare and the first 14 days a complete waste of time lol!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back