• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone taking a holiday?

mrswoody

Reaction score
Just as the title says, I was wondering how many of you are planning on holidaying this year?

I have to take holidays in August which would take me to nearly 7 months and I've looked into flying which I can do up to the 32nd week of pregnancy I think it is.

I definatley want a break this summer but not sure if just a city break will suffice or if a wee week away might relax me and have some hubby and me time before baby arrives.

Any thoughts?
x

You could always take a road trip, you can get a ferry over to France and have a driving holiday?

xxxxxxxx

We're going camping in Dorset for 3 nights as of this Friday! Wish us luck as the weather looks crap!
Apart from that I have a weekend booked away the following week (going to a sci-fi convention! Hoorah) and we also have a wedding booked at the end of September (and I'm worried it may be cutting it a bit fine with my due date!)
We will also probably try to squeeze in another camping trip and a weekend away in a hotel before baby arrives (and money dependent).

Me and OH are off to Halkidiki, Greece on Monday morning, so looking forward to some sunshine and a slob! xxx

We are going to centre parcs for 7 nights in august. Going for my mum and dads 60th and 70th birthday. It'll be our first holiday together with my folk and sister and her son as well as hubby and baby!!

May next year we are hoping to go to Portugal xx

If we could, we SO would probably go to Spain or something.
Its my fault we can't because I stayed off work for so long, but if we could afford all new baby stuff as well as a week away, I'd be off like a shot! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks ladies. Road trip sounds good Id be too scared to drive abroad though and hate hubby driving as it is!
Pea pod good luck with the weather! Be sure to use plenty pegs to keep your tent secure :) x

I'm going up to the north of Scotland for a week with OHs family in June, really looking forward to it! Although they are all VERY outdoorsy kind of people and have booked gorge walking, tree climbing, hill walking etc obviously I will be missing out on that. I've said I'll be sandwich and tea lady :lol:
xx

Last edited:
We are going for a road trip with an RV next week :) driving around. Norway and Sweden. No routes chosen yet just pick a direction and go :love: looking quite forward actually :love:

I'm off to Ibiza in 4 weeks where i'll be 22 weeks, and I've just booked to go to a friends wedding in portugal at 33 weeks! :shock:

Has anyone had any experience of flying late in pregnancy?? I've decided if I've any complications to cancel.

Xx

Im going camping for 10 days in June, i'll be 24 weeks. Then in September ive got a wedding to go to in Jersey. My OH cant get the time off work but I am planning on going over a few days before to have a little rest. I'll be 35 weeks when I come back and the airline have said I can fly until 36 weeks with a letter from the midwife!

Our next holiday is in September, we're off to Snowdonia, with OH family, our dogs and baby! Very odd to e thinking he'll be here for the holiday :) xxx

we had hols booked in september but hadny booked anything

We have had had the odd nite away and are going to see the lovely Lisaloo in a couple weeks (think our boys will be driven up the wall cos we will no doubt talk non-stop isnt that right Lisa??lol)

We will prob try and get a wee first family holiday away before i go back to work next year prob not abroad but up north is lovely xx

We're going camping in Dorset for 3 nights as of this Friday! Wish us luck as the weather looks crap!
Apart from that I have a weekend booked away the following week (going to a sci-fi convention! Hoorah) and we also have a wedding booked at the end of September (and I'm worried it may be cutting it a bit fine with my due date!)
We will also probably try to squeeze in another camping trip and a weekend away in a hotel before baby arrives (and money dependent).

Make sure you take plenty of warm clothes this weekend honey - don't want to alarm you but we've been forecast snow down yer!!! :shock:

Make sure you take plenty of warm clothes this weekend honey - don't want to alarm you but we've been forecast snow down yer!!! :shock:

Eeek! Thanks for the heads up..... I think any sign of snow and we'll pack up and head home. Its only hour and half away. There are a few of us going so I hope we get at least one good day otherwise we'll all be in separate tents.

I hope everyone else enjoys the breaks that they have booked as it won't be long until all holidays are based around the children! I can't wait!X

We managed to go away a lot last year in preparation for having LO this year we were booked to go to Sri Lanka later on this month but I cancelled a few months back because I didn't want to be stuck on a plane for a total of 11 hours, we would have been transitting in Dubai but I am sending hubby out on his own....

So nothing is planned but we may try and head over to Marakesh for a few days xx

I'm a serial traveller but have been banned from flying by an over protective mammy! Holidaying in this country for me this summer.....which is a first but heyho! I'm sure I'll get away for a heat up in the sun soon! Xx

We will be going to Greece and then Croatia around 28/29 then around 30 weeks we will be heading back to New Zealand (fingers crossed) for me to give birth. We will stop off somewhere along the way for about 5 nights as 30 hours flying at once will be to much!

Were planning on going camping in July, I'll be around 24 wks. So will hopefully be fine.

Nope, not going anywhere lol. Too skint x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back