Anyone starting IVF this year?

Just replied on your other post but so pleased for you that you're at the top of the list. We can keep each other sane throughout it! The girls have been such good support to me xx

Looks like I'll be starting IVF this year, it's confirmed. Disheartened at the appointment with the consultant who said OH morphology is worse than last time, now at 0% :(. No problems on my end. Gotta have more bloods etc then chose a clinic. ICSI here I come...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the results are worse. Is he on any vitamins? I remember a few years back on here a woman wrote about how good solagr VM75 vits were for sperm count and morphology etc as the vit is more potent than normal conception vits. Just thought I would mention incase you wanted to try. Good luck with the whole IVF process xx

Sorry to hear the results are worse. Is he on any vitamins? I remember a few years back on here a woman wrote about how good solagr VM75 vits were for sperm count and morphology etc as the vit is more potent than normal conception vits. Just thought I would mention incase you wanted to try. Good luck with the whole IVF process xx

Thanks! I'll look into those vits, never heard of them before. OH has been taking the wellman vits for over 6 months I think.

Sorry to hear you're in this shit boat too mrslaw but hopefully we all have good news soon! Xx

Hi ladies! I thought I would join this thread too if that's ok. I am currently awaiting my funding referral from the clinic. We have been having tests for the last year - all came back fine so we are 'unexplained' so now the referral has gone in and we are just waiting to see whether there will be any NHS help or if we go it alone. Apparently at that point we get invited to a seminar and then it pretty much gets started. So fingers crossed.

Mother nature appeared today signallng my very last attempt at natural conception so have just spent most of today getting my head around the fact that it's IVF or nothing. You'd think I'd realise by now but I suppose you're always just hoping for that last minute miracle - not to be! So I'm with you ladies - nervous and definitely trying to work out the best position to be in 'ignorant bliss' or 'educated'... each day I change my mind on which is better!! Wishing you all so much luck!

Hi firsttrimester, I'm Leah!

I could have wrote that. This is our last month to try then we start ivf next month. I'm actually looking forward to no longer having the pain of trying hopelessly every month! Even though I know it's pointless we still always hope don't we? It's heartbreaking. I think I'm around ovulation now, maybe yesterday, we haven't really tried but still in the back of my mind I think what if!

I opted to be blissfully ignorant initially but I've looked into it now and I'm quite glad. When the consultant was discussing it all last week I felt prepared and nothing she said shocked me. I'd also been able to explain it in basic terms for my hubby so he was expecting it too. The girls on here are amazing, they've been through it all and explain everything really well.

Looks like we'll be starting this at the same time, will be good to have some company through it :)

Xx

Hi Leah, I'm Helen! Absolutely! How weird that we are here at the same time. Definitely keep me posted after your 2ww, after all it is the worst bit! :( I always get a slightly earlier warning however as I get spotting for up to a full week before AF. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, on the one hand I'm sure that's probably my issue and it's heart breaking that it just appears so early and I know, but on the other, at least I know its coming and I've only waited just over 1 week! Every cloud as they say!

You're absolutely right though, we never lose that little bit of hope do we, but I think that cant be a bad thing. Up until about a month ago I was charting, opks, acupuncture you name it but this month I gave it all up for one month of just relaxed, no pressure bd in the hope that might just work - but nothing! I'm only able to be oblivious to the IVF to a certain extent anyway as my sister went through it 3 times so I know more than I let myself believe sometimes! I just think the less I know the less worried I'll be and the less I'll try and control things because you cant with IVF you just have to take it one step at a time. So lets do the steps together and keep each other posted on how it goes! x

Looks like I'll be starting IVF this year, it's confirmed. Disheartened at the appointment with the consultant who said OH morphology is worse than last time, now at 0% :(. No problems on my end. Gotta have more bloods etc then chose a clinic. ICSI here I come...

MrsLaw, is your man active? We originally thought morphology was an issue too and it's amazing what a difference diet and exercise can make honestly! Like Lisey said, vitamins too - Vit C is brilliant for semen quality so if he takes the normal wellman vit get him on a 1000mg Vit C too! It cant hurt xx Hope that helps!

Hi Helen!

Tww is the worst. I try not to think about an ivf tww, think that would be the worst! I've not done opks so no idea what's ov day, I'm going with today though so calling tomorrow as 1dpo. I'm telling myself I'm not expecting anything :roll:
Have they ever said anything about your spotting? I get really pale brown cm or just on wiping for a day or 2 before so I know from them it's coming. A week is a lot though, you really only have a 1ww then eh?

Yip I was exactly the same, trying everything, every vitamin then the opposite, trying nothing but to no avail. Only thing I haven't tried is temping but I'm a nurse and work shifts so that would never be accurate for me. I've struggled so much to accept this is the course I'm taking, that this just isn't happening naturally for us. I'm now just believing if it's going to happen it will, no matter what we do or don't do.

That's definitely true with being in control. I'm quite a control freak so maybe why I've struggled with trying (and failing) and now being at the mercy of IVF. Brilliant you have your sister for support, I don't personally know anyone so great having the girls on here!

Definitely let's do that :) what stage are you at? Xx

Sorry to hear you're in this shit boat too mrslaw but hopefully we all have good news soon! Xx
Thank you! I'm hoping things will progress quickly. Our NHS trust will only allow us to do one cycle of IVF though as they have cut all funding. FX it will work out.

MrsLaw, is your man active? We originally thought morphology was an issue too and it's amazing what a difference diet and exercise can make honestly! Like Lisey said, vitamins too - Vit C is brilliant for semen quality so if he takes the normal wellman vit get him on a 1000mg Vit C too! It cant hurt xx Hope that helps!

Yh he's more active that I am but I could get him to exercise a lot more. Thanks for the advice, I'll get him to buy some Vit C as a top up! X

Hi ladies! I thought I would join this thread too if that's ok. I am currently awaiting my funding referral from the clinic. We have been having tests for the last year - all came back fine so we are 'unexplained' so now the referral has gone in and we are just waiting to see whether there will be any NHS help or if we go it alone. Apparently at that point we get invited to a seminar and then it pretty much gets started. So fingers crossed.

Mother nature appeared today signallng my very last attempt at natural conception so have just spent most of today getting my head around the fact that it's IVF or nothing. You'd think I'd realise by now but I suppose you're always just hoping for that last minute miracle - not to be! So I'm with you ladies - nervous and definitely trying to work out the best position to be in 'ignorant bliss' or 'educated'... each day I change my mind on which is better!! Wishing you all so much luck!

Welcome :) and good luck with your journey

Hi Helen!

Tww is the worst. I try not to think about an ivf tww, think that would be the worst! I've not done opks so no idea what's ov day, I'm going with today though so calling tomorrow as 1dpo. I'm telling myself I'm not expecting anything :roll:
Have they ever said anything about your spotting? I get really pale brown cm or just on wiping for a day or 2 before so I know from them it's coming. A week is a lot though, you really only have a 1ww then eh?

Yip I was exactly the same, trying everything, every vitamin then the opposite, trying nothing but to no avail. Only thing I haven't tried is temping but I'm a nurse and work shifts so that would never be accurate for me. I've struggled so much to accept this is the course I'm taking, that this just isn't happening naturally for us. I'm now just believing if it's going to happen it will, no matter what we do or don't do.

That's definitely true with being in control. I'm quite a control freak so maybe why I've struggled with trying (and failing) and now being at the mercy of IVF. Brilliant you have your sister for support, I don't personally know anyone so great having the girls on here!

Definitely let's do that :) what stage are you at? Xx

Yeh you're right with the temping its hard enough trying to get it accurate without shift work as well lol! :) Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Are you on any specific vits at this point? It can be a blessing in disguise not knowing anyone whose done it - sometimes people can be too 'helpful' ... and each case is different so what happened to them wont necessarily happen to you so I think you're in good hands just taking it as it comes and using the forums for support. We are at referral for funding stage, all tests are done. I have to call our clinic tomorrow to see if we get anything on the NHS. If it's yes then it's all systems go. Apparently we will get invited to a seminar and then our first appointment after that... if no then we need to look at our financial situation!! so keeping everything crossed... how about you??

With the spotting I get 2 days pink then 3 days very dark brown before AF appears so I always know it's not worked earlier than most. It's highly likely that its part of our issue but no one can get to the bottom of it so here we are!

Thank you! I'm hoping things will progress quickly. Our NHS trust will only allow us to do one cycle of IVF though as they have cut all funding. FX it will work out.

Yh he's more active that I am but I could get him to exercise a lot more. Thanks for the advice, I'll get him to buy some Vit C as a top up! X

Even better if you get him a Vit C with Zinc! xx

Thanks 1sttimer, OH looked at the Vit C with Zinc but they didn't have the right dose in store.. he's bought the Vit C 1000mg! I've done some research and it's looks like it may help! xx

Hi Helen,

Vitamins wise i take folic acid, a multi vitamin, zinc & vit c together and co enzyme q10. What do you take? And you too mrslaw?

Fingers crossed the funding all goes well and you can get started asap. We have our appointment tonight to go over our fertility plan and finalise consent etc. I'm hoping I'll feel better about it all by tonight! Also got another appointment with the counsellor straight after, hopefully I won't be as teary this time :lol:

That's a lot of spotting you get. What tests have they done to look into it? apart from my low AMH we don't seem to have any issues, it just isn't happening :( hubbys sperm is way above average, I ovulate and have a standard 28 day cycle. It's just crap!

Mrslaw (what's your name?) glad your hubby got the vitC, fingers and toes crossed it helps! Xx

Just to chime in on the spotting, for the past 10-12 years I've spotted 4-7 days before every af. Had various investigations done and nothing is wrong. 21 day bloods (done once) showed no issue with progesterone. The twice I got pregnant last year I had no spotting at all before af due day/bfp.

I'm Michelle, what's your name? Sorry if I've missed it in a post somewhere.
I'm currently taking just Folic acid now as GP thinks it works better on its own. I used to take the seven seas preconception vits.
With spotting I usually spot just the one day before AF is full blown. I think different types are spotting is just normal, the same way we all have different cycle lengths IMO

Hi Michelle, I'm Leah :)

I've thought about just stopping everything and going back to just folic acid. I think I'll ask about it at my next appointment!
I spot the day before too so it's a bit of warning at least. I never used to have that but since TTC my body has done all sorts of new things!! Xx

Just to chime in on the spotting, for the past 10-12 years I've spotted 4-7 days before every af. Had various investigations done and nothing is wrong. 21 day bloods (done once) showed no issue with progesterone. The twice I got pregnant last year I had no spotting at all before af due day/bfp.

That's reassuring to hear. Can I ask what your situation was with the pregnancies last year? MC? (you don't have to say!) I'm convinced its a luteal phase defect and that's what caused my MC and the reason for no more pregnancies. Day 21 is too early for them to see as far as I can tell - as if it's day 23 that you spot its then that the progesterone level drops dramatically so at day 21 it would look right! So frustrating xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back