IVF tips

BUGGY82

Reaction score
I know I'm a flakey poster but I do try & keep up to date with what's going on with everyone even if I haven't posted for a while.

Since starting my IVF drugs I've been told to do a few things that I've not read on here and thought they might be useful for you ladies going through the same thing.

1) Using an ice cube wrapped in a paper towel after doing your injections helps take away the stinging & reduce bruising.

2) After my 1st Ultra sound I was told to drink Whey Protein drinks to help with egg quality!

3) And lastly to drink drinks with electrolytes in them (Gatorade & Vitamin water are a couple of good ones) this is to help with bloating & to keep you hydrated.

Little update on my progress I have around 20 follicles at around 10.5mm, I have another scan Sunday to check how they're doing and the retrieval Weds or Thurs! Really excited but scared at the same time!
Good luck to everyone this cycle, here's hoping there's lots of BFP!! x

Hey buggy good to see you around Hun, hope you are keeping well :hug: xx

Hiya Buggy :)

Thanks for the tips!

I couldn't be bothered fiddling with an ice cube but i definitely ate a lot of protein and kept very hydrated.

I think i was drinking about 6L per day and surprisingly it wasn't a chore at all :)

I would be cautious with the protein shakes though. A lot of them are nutritionally balanced which includes VitA which needs to be minimised for pregnancy. You really do not want to OD on VitA to increase protein. You can get more than enough proteins by eating sandwiches with a generous amount of sliced meat and a double dose of meat with your dinner.

20 follicles is great news - hopefully you'll get lots of mature eggs from them :good:

I had 19 follicles and got 14 mature and 2 immature eggs :) I think they want the biggest around 18mm before considering stopping stimulation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips Buggy :) Best of luck for the retrieval! xxx

Oh! A new tip!

Apparently if you expose your cervix to semen multiple times around embryo transfer it is supposed to put the cervix into "baby mode" :shock:

They did a trial and although the results weren't that conclusive for a single exposure to semen or for repeat exposure and a BFP - the results were very impressive when comparing repeat exposure and full term pregnancy :)

Ooo Louise that sound interesting, going to try exposing my cervix to some sperms after retrieval.
The consultant reiterated the importance of the Whey protein again today, I checked the tub and there's no mention of Vit A, I did get the organic natural kind so hopefully it's ok.
I forgot to say they said dark electrolyte drinks are the best.
Thanks for the good luck messages feeling really positive 3rd scan showed 25 follicles all around 11-14mm & retrieval booked for Thursday!!

That good then buggy :)

Best to check ;)

I really hope it pays off for you - so did you have a follicle scan yesterday? How did it go? xx

I had another scan today Louise, all the follicles are around the same size 15-16mm, me oestrogen level has increased nicely so they think my last stimulation meds will be tonight with the HCG tomorrow night and egg retreval Thursday for sure. I'm so sick of injections now but they have me on the progesterone oil next but at least my hubbie can do those as they're in my ass!! Hope your cycles going well too!

I always get confused with the time difference lol

That's great news about the follicles! Should get plenty of great eggs :good:

Do keep us updated :) Id love to know how you're getting on xx

Had my egg reteival today & we got 23 eggs!!
Should know tomorrow how many fertilize, docs are hoping for 12 but I'd be happy with 8.
Docs think we should have transfer on day 5 but will keep us updated if 3 looks better.
Feeling crampy tonight but overall good, chinese on the way for dinner & heat pad on my tummy. It's all good!

EEEEEeeeeeek! That's AMAZING news :good:

I hope you get plenty of embryos xx

I can't quite believe it but I just got off the phone to the clinic and we have 18 embryos!!
21 of my 23 eggs were mature and only 3 didn't fertilize, I'm in shock.
They are scheduling me for a day 5 transfer so Tuesday is when 2 of my embryos will be put in my tummy.
I'm keeping everything crossed they stick.
So happy today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back