Anyone know if you can donate blood when ttc/pregnant?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I keep on meaning to put myself on the bone marrow donor registration and it says that you have to be a blood donor, which i am... well was in my last area... and you can arrange it from there.

i'm about to check out good ol' google but just wondered if anyone else is donating already and what they have been told :)

Dunno about ttc but you can't when pregnant and not for 9 months afterwards.

Agree - deffo not when pregnant but I'm a blood doner and on the Marrow lists too!!

Agree - deffo not when pregnant but I'm a blood doner and on the Marrow lists too!!

Yeah, it says not when pregnant... so i dunno whether to bother at all until after i've had my first?

Wont do any harm to go and ask. I got banned from giving blood cos my hubby is from Africa..... just need him to go and get them to test his blood before they allow me to give blood again but looks like mthat will be a couple of years now - hey ho. Been on the marrow list for about 15 years - they just take a blood sample so if you want to do that I see no harm!

girls, just wanted to say its great that you are on the marrow list/thinking about going on the list! as u know i lost my dear friend recently to leukemia and its soooo important people donate. lots of love ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back