anyone had a drink?

xrachx said:
oopps sorry hun i must have read wrong :? i am so hormonal i just am getting the wrong end of every stick i see!

awwww :hug: bless ya....im just the same!!

Ive had the odd white wine spritzer at the beginning and now the odd Malibu and coke!!

All in moderation :cheer:

Not bad being as I used to drink 10 pints of Kronenburg 3 nights a week and a few bottles of wine for good measure :shock:

i have had one now and again. i drank lager and lemonade when footie was on before summer and have had half a guiness on a few occasions but ive never had more than one or 2 units at once and its not every week its every 3/4 weeks. the going without alcohol doesnt really bother me, the drinks ive had are just becus i fancied them and they were refreshin.

i must admit tho i do miss going out up town and im not going up on purpose cus i dont think its the same without a drink. (im one of those ppl that need a few drinks before she'll get on the dancefloor!!) but to be honest towards the end of this pregnancy i dont think i could last a whole night out anyway lol.

xxxxx

I've tried Becks Green Lemon on the odd occasion. It's 2.5% but I figured that on the "odd occasion" it can't do any harm :)

Really refreshing too :D

i had one glas of very diluted wine with lemonade on my hen night, and i'll have one on my wedding day :cheer:

Hi all, since finding out I was pregnant I haven't had any alcohol. Saying that, it's only coz I've gone off it completely. If I felt like the odd one I would probably have one.

Well done Carly I couldn't do that, I'm living off my caffeine free tea and caffeine free diet coke. I've never tried the alcohol free stuff, is it any good?

Ooooh I'd love a fruity cocktail, or a big magners filled with ice, or a stellar, or some champers and orange or a G & T............. :cry:

**C** said:
Ooooh I'd love a fruity cocktail, or a big magners filled with ice, or a stellar, or some champers and orange or a G & T............. :cry:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
or anything with alcohol in!!

What I really miss is an ice cold Pinot Grigio. I'm planning to buy a bottle during my Maternity leave ready for after the LO has arrived.

Ive gone from bad binge drinking to tee-total!
Im so proud of myself but when i didnt know i was pregnant i was still going out and drinking alot, so i hope it hasnt affected the baby!

I am the devil incarnate... had a few drinks during my pregnancy, limiting to half a beer or half a glass of wine and generally not every week.

This last week though, I had half a glass of red wine last weekend (lovely pasta, would have been wrong not to!) and we have been on holiday in Cornwall this weekend so I had a half of ale on Fri night and half of guinness yesterday to celebrate Sunderland winning :lol:

I'm a big football fan and I can't believe I made it through watching a whole match on sat without a drop - usually I need 5 pints before I feel strong enough to watch sunderland... But no way - I'm not drinking anything 2 days in a row, pref no more than once a week at very most, and no more than a half.

I don't feel any real need to drink, these are just drinks that I enjoy and I don't see any point holding back if I fancy a very small amount very occasionally. I have a really well balanced diet etc...

Okaasan said:
I'm a big football fan and I can't believe I made it through watching a whole match on sat without a drop - usually I need 5 pints before I feel strong enough to watch sunderland... But no way - I'm not drinking anything 2 days in a row, pref no more than once a week at very most, and no more than a half.

I can feel you're pain hun! I am a HUGE footie fan. I can't believe I made it through the world cup last summer on 1 guinness.
Also I'm a spurs supporter :talkhand: :talkhand: :wink:

I may have a drink of red wine this week to celebrate moving into our new house. Red wine is good for you hey?!!! I love rose but i know if i open a whole bottle id be tempted to have a few glasses this week :rotfl:

I've been naughty compared to other people but still stuck to the no-more-than-1-or-2-units-a-week thing. Have had the odd glass of red wine with meals, had a few pints of pear cider over the pregnancy (not more than one at a time though), but otherwise been on non-alco bevvy's. I worried if it would affect anything but if anything my baby's looking on the fat side as opposed to the small side, so I can't have done any harm. If it comes out with fetal alcohol syndrome then I'll be very apologetic (and surprised), but compared to the likes of the alcoholic/drug addict moms that you see on TV and on the buses sometimes, I've been a saint really.

I've had about 7 glasses of glasses of red wine altogether, I was drinking 1 can of guiness a week for 4 weeks when I was anemic and I had a larger top the other day.

leckershell said:
If it comes out with fetal alcohol syndrome then I'll be very apologetic (and surprised), but compared to the likes of the alcoholic/drug addict moms that you see on TV and on the buses sometimes, I've been a saint really.

I think the medical establishment would be surprised, too! FAS has been recorded only in cases where the Mum has drank heavily and consistently throughout the pregnancy (as far as I'm aware, anyway). The only reason they changed the guidance to no alcohol at all was because they were worried that some women would hear one or two small glasses of wine a week and decide that a few more than that wouldn't hurt.

Vicky...

i've got a larger top too. Going to need some larger bottoms to go with it or I'm going to have to start going naked!

:rotfl:

sorry, couldn't help it! laughing at myself, how sad :roll:

Misslarue - commisserations, we really needed that first result but it must have been gutting. I would have been straight to the bar... :angel:

You'll get your revenge at WHL - that's on Jan 19th so with any luck little nipper will be watching with his/her mum! Who might be back on the 5 pints!

Nope! BUT I am having a glass of wine on Sunday as it is my first wedding anniversary and I think I deserve a treat for being so good :)

I would have a small glass of wine once or twice a week, and once every couple weeks 1 bottle of beer. But no more than that.

I didn't touch a drop in the first 12 weeks but have since had the odd lager shandy, glass of white and a little bottle of Stella!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back