anyone else worry about this???

emmie

Reaction score
At my 21 week scan we had to sign a disclaimer saying we know what the scan is for and that if they tell us the sex its not always guaranteed, ever since finding out we are having a boy which we are both totally thrilled about as we both wanted a boy i just worry that they have got it wrong, especially as we have bought loads of boys clothes and painted the nursery yellow and blue.

I know that it is more than likely a boy as all porter men have had boys as their first child then go onto having a girl but i still worry anyone else worry or am i being stoopid??? :D

i worried about this!
i paid for a private scan at 17 weeks (after not seeing any boy bits at 13 weeks lol) and i had barely a 2min scan which showed she was a girl.

i had my 20 week scan and she had her legs crossed!

so we ended up paying for a 3d scan at 28 weeks that definitly comfirmed she was a girl!

i had a horrible scenario in my head that baby would turn out a boy (dont get me wrong i love my boys!! but i am so desperate for a girl!)

now i've had 4 scans and the ones we could see showed she was a girl! but i only had that many for my peace of mind!

i am now thinking of having a private scan just to confirm it lol, i think i need the reassurance :D

Inever had to sign any disclaimer and they still told me no bother.

I think alot of people do think twice unless they see it themselfs at scans and stuff. :) I got mine wrote down on the 20week scan and it had boy....then crossed boy out and girl written next to it! Hahaa pretty reassuring hey! I guess if you really have your hopes set on a boy then I would get a paid scan done. Im not worried if she turns out to be a he then we wont mind but I know people do get their hearts set on a boy/girl so it would be better to be really sure so you can get used to the idea. :hug:

I am hoping to find out the sex in a couple of weeks, but am also planning on having a private 4D scan at around 26 weeks - as I think they are absolutely amazing, and a wonderful keepsake - Im also pretty sure that they can definitely confirm the sex at this point, so I can then start some serious shopping!

I have only bought 2 items to date and both would be fine for a girl or boy!

we had a private scan at 20 weeks (the same day as my NHS one!) bcoz at the NHS scan she had her legs crossed :roll: the private scan confirmed she was a girl, but i was sooo sure i was having a boy, we had another private scan about a month ago and i made them tell me what sex she was, they confirmed girl so im pretty confident she's a girl :D

Yes I worry about this too. At my 20 wk scan they said it was 'probably' a girl. She was stubborn and had her legs closed but but they said they had seen 3 lines earlier whilst scanning. It was only confirmation for me as I had suspected a girl from the beginning. We call her she as I like it better than 'it'. I am worried though as I really don't mind whether it's a boy or a girl but now I am thinking she's a girl I worry what I would feel if she did turn out to be a boy :oops: I'm sure I would be just as happy but it might just be a shock. The main thing is that she (or he!) is healthy and well, but I think for me, finding out the sex has helped with bonding. We've decided to buy neutral just in case, although my mum couldnt' resist the other day and got her a frilly swimming costume!!
I'd like to get a private scan as reassurance but my OH thinks this is unneccessary and we can't afford it really.

A word of reassurance for you though - I've heard from several sources that it is much more difficult to make a mistake when it's thought to be a boy (as they do actually have to see boy bits) whereas with a girl mistakes are more common as boy bits could be hiding!!

millie15 said:
Yes I worry about this too. At my 20 wk scan they said it was 'probably' a girl. She was stubborn and had her legs closed but but they said they had seen 3 lines earlier whilst scanning. It was only confirmation for me as I had suspected a girl from the beginning. We call her she as I like it better than 'it'. I am worried though as I really don't mind whether it's a boy or a girl but now I am thinking she's a girl I worry what I would feel if she did turn out to be a boy :oops: I'm sure I would be just as happy but it might just be a shock. The main thing is that she (or he!) is healthy and well, but I think for me, finding out the sex has helped with bonding. We've decided to buy neutral just in case. I'd like to get a private scan as reassurance but my OH thinks this is unneccessary and we can't afford it really.

SNAP,on every single point :D

LOL reminds me of me when i was having my little boy, we got everything blue and i was so excited but really paranoid they were wrong. When i gave birth the first thing i said was IS IT STILL A BOY like a right idiot my oh still takes the mick now about it 2 years on. :rotfl:
This time were not finding out so i can scream anything i want this time without being laughted at x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back