Anyone else Rhesus negative?

Jollypops

Reaction score
I've had a letter come saying that my blood group is O negative and have got an appointment for an Anti-D injection. :(

Is anyone else having this??

i am rhesus negative, i know i have to have the injections at some point but i presume im too early to get the letter yet

i am too, got my 1st injection in about 3 weeks, at 28 weeks,wonder where the injection is? in your arm or stomach??!!

just wanted to add- iv had the injection before wen i miscarried- so im presuming its the smae thing again??

i had mine in my arm before but i think differnet places do it in different places as iv heard other people having them in their bum!

:rotfl: hope i dont have to have it in my bum!!! my mother in law is coming with me!!! lol

I'm Rhesus - too, so far I've had one anit-d at 28 weeks in my right bum cheek- this was routine. And then due to two lots of bleeding I had to have two last week (because there was more than 72 hours between the bleeds), one in the left bum cheek and another in the right- they let me choose :lol: They have to be given into a muscle and not a vein and I think they avoid the stomach area due to pregnancy.

I've another glorius anti-d two weeks today which is a routine 34 week one. They do sting a bit but it's over within seconds, they'll also check your blood for rhesus anti bodies at 28 and 34 weeks. The routine anti-d's at 28 and 34 are precautionary and also if your partner is rhesus - you won't need them at all as there is no chance of the baby have rhesus + blood.

Alex xxx

I am haven't had any injection yet they said I would need one at 28 weeks im not bothered about needles really so not really concerened about it but my DH is very over protective of my not being bumped since I explained it to him - bless!

I am rhesus negative :( How many injections do I have to have then? I presumed it was only one???

C xxx

Im O Neg too

Have first one at 28 weeks with bloods then again at 34 weeks and you may need one if baby's blood different to yours so i gather max is three!

Hope this helps
Kathy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back