Anyone else not get in with their neighbours?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I'm really pissed off and after a rant because I've just got a bollocking off one of my neighbours and that is now two neighbours that I'm at war with - that is a neighbour for every year I've lived here :shock:

The first one lives right next door and we fell out when I cut one of their trees that was over hanging my drive and dropping loads of berries. I was well within my right. Then they stopped accepting packages for us so now we blatantly ignore each other.

The second one kept letting his dog loose when I walked past and I was fed up of it covering me in mud jumping up while they didn't even know it was gone. I took it back to them about five times and they said it only did it to me so it was my own fault :shock:

So I contacted the council and they sent the police around, why the police I don't know, and he was waiting for me to pass and then started having a go saying that the police told them that I'd phone them before walking that way in future and I hadn't done.

Why the hell should I phone up some random guy because he can't keep his dog on his property?!

Now I'm all mad and it's playing on my mind and I just want to move :wall2:

Tell me that other people have these kind of things going on with their neighbours, please.

Falling out about these things seem so petty, why are people so hostile :shock:

I wouldn't even worry about falling out with ur neighbours, who gives a fuck about them?!

Where we used to live, the woman below us was an alcoholic paranoid schizophrenic who we had to get the police out on AT LEAST twice a week. I also busted her door down a few times to shout at her lol. (I'm not a psycho, but this woman was serious trouble to live near)

Now where we live, our next door neighbour is an alcoholic (we must attract them!!) And we have fought with her on numerous occasions because she doesn't know when to shut the hell up and has woken us at 5am in a drunken rage etc. But I love where I live, I love my apartment and I'm not gona let some idiot ruin that for me!

Don't let them bother u. Just keep urself to urself, that's what I do :) x

I live next door to the most horrible little wannabe gangster you ever would meet. He's renting so Im hoping her wont be there long but bad neighbours are the worst :hugs: x

Let's see we have one neighbor that drives up and down the driveway with 150 km per h... And also fixing his various cars in the garden all night keeping us awake...
The neighbor that lives on the other side of the driveway has 3 boys... One is 19 and every time his patents are not at home has parties until 5 at morning with loud music one is 14 and drives up and down the driveway on a moped without having a driving license and one is a 5 year old angel and future trouble I suppose...

Phew :) thanks ladies.

I've had a sleep so feeling more relaxed but it's good to know that I'm not the only one xx

I live in a cluster house, so I have neighbours on the side and the back. The people on the side are fine, but the ones on the back have been an absolute pain in the arse.

She had two girls, about 9 and 7, she shouted and swore at them noon til night. I never heard a sound from the kids, all I could hear was her shouting, and swearing (I've never heard language like it), and throwing things about. If you saw her outside she'd never say hello, and was really stuck up. She swanned about in her designer gear, acting like she owned the place. She spoke with a really posh accent, but she was evil to those kids! One night, it was quite late, I was here on my own, she was absolutely going off on one and the kids were crying so I called the police. I am not sure what the outcome was, but it all went quiet.

One night, it was about 11.30, OH and I had just got into bed, she started hoovering the house. We left it half hour or so but it carried on so OH got really mad, and went storming around there to ask her if she realised what time it was. She said she was allowed to make as much noise as she liked until 11pm, he pointed out it had gone past that and as we had to be up for work the next morning could she be more considerate. She did stop thankfully.

Another morning I got woken up at about 6am by her shouting and swearing, it went on for a good hour and then one of the kids was saying "please Mummy stop, don't Mummy" so I called the police again as I was concerned for the kids. I repeated it all to the operator and she was amazed that I could hear it, but that's how loud they were. She sent an officer round, again I don't know what the outcome was but a couple of months later they moved out.

Now there's a couple in there, they look a bit dodgy but are nice enough if I see them about. So yes, I've had my share of horrible neighbours!

Last edited:
:hug: I pissed off next door by cutting across a small part of their lawn next to our driveway. Admittedly they were well within their rights to have a go. I felt like a teenager :blush: and now it's awkward. My other neighbour made a comment about me not emailing as much (have got lazy since getting iPad) and asked if they'd done anything to upset us and that she'd have thought with us both having babies we'd see more of each other. She has never asked me to do anything :wall2: To top that off, I was putting everyone's bins away and couldn't find where across the road out their bin so rolled it on to their driveway. I think he saw and doesn't take our bin in now lol.

X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My neighbour beats the crap out of his wife and sadly I have to listen to it. The police have been called a million times but history just repeats itself over and over. Not fun.

my neighbours boy thinks it good to play footy up the side of my house and tennis, its a cul de sac no games inclusive of balls should be played anyways!! he WALLOPS the ball up the side of my house so much it rattles my telly!

so then i have to go out tell him not to do it ( since last year he has kicked off my letterbox, guttering, and sky dish|!! ) his mum wont even take him to a park 2 seconds away for him to play, she'd rather sit in all day watching tv! i went over to say he has to stop and she should take him out as he is obviously bored but she just shrugged me off

so she would rather the kid get a bollocking from ALL the estate as he kicks the ball at cars too, rather than entertain him? awful

i hate neighbours lol!

H16 that's HORRIBLE.

Lunette that would drive me insane. Kids are on school hols up here and for first time rattled my letterbox today and ran off lol. Wee shites ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we are the neighbours that everyone else hates hahaha

I live in a very very sleepy cul de sac with 6 houses and 2 bungalows in it.

In the 2 bungalows live old dears who are maybe 80 or something. old lady 1 fell out with us when we moved in because someone parked outside our house (she lives opposite) and cos she's old and doddery she couldn't turn the steering wheel quick enough to get on get drive with the car. Her husband who is now dead told us to tell our guests to park in the next road, Erm no that's not happening.

Old lady 2 knocked on our door one night near Xmas years ago saying the Xmas lights we had put in the tree in the front garden were setting off her house alarm and could we take them down. Erm, no. It was hard to keep a straight face at that one.

We are the youngest in our close by about 30 years and have bbqs and friends round late sometimes and I think it pisses folk off as we disturb the quietness lol.

Tough titty.

Oh I forgot, we kinda fell out with the guy at the back because our fence blew down a year ago and as hubby is a joiner it makes sense that he fixed it. The guy out the back agreed to pay half. So OH spent a weekend and £300 buying the lats etc and he did it and the guy never gave us any money. So OH went round and told him how much we paid and he said he didn't like how he had done it do he wasn't paying!?!,

It looks fine from our side so OH has left it like that lol.

we just moved to our new flat in march - since then the guy up the stairs had been blaring his music at night. he came down and apologised which i said was fine we all play music, then he continued daily at 7am to blare all kinds of music from meatloaf-irishrebel-clubland-love songs-westlife, it went on.. anyway he tried to apologise again this was about the fith time so i had told him i had enough and didnt give a fuck what he did i didnt wanto hear it - he continued drinking blaring music, threatening us, recording us coming in and out. my neighbours eventually kept phoning the police out as it was getting beyond a joke he then blamed that on us when i hadnt ever called the police on him as i had told him before if i have a problem id tell him which i did! so anyway after he realised the close was against him he decided to glue everyones locks and even broke a few neighbours (ours he didnt do good enough) a few nights after he had glued the doors he had set fire to his sellar (above me) and he is now in prison for that. his family have been up cleaning his house out..

this was only the things that i remember that stand out, we had a couple other run ins aswell as he is a compulsive liar, hes a fantasiser we were told he had autism, later to be found out he was a certified psycho! i had phoned the letting raging as they had failed to make me aware, i am hell of a glad hes out now i would hate to have to listen to that whilst trying to get my newborn to sleep!!!

Omg Russellmuscle, he sounded like the neighbour from hell. Just seen u stay in clydebank, I stayed in faifley for a few years, had my fair share of nutjob neighbours there! The guy below me was a junky and set fair to the place one night after he fell asleep with the cooker on, I was stuck on the 4th floor and the fire brigade had to rescue me through the window. He drove me mad for 3 years til I had enough and moved X

Last edited:
Sorry - I have no advice but I do sympathise having had my own scabby neighbour!

We have a communial hallway and a shared main door [that we luckily only share with one other flat]... However our neighbour was the dirtiest, stinkiest, filthy old man you could ever imagine... It's a bit sad really as he was mentally unwell and would go through stages of refusing to let his carer in and really get into a state.

To get to our flat you have to walk past his flat and he'd often have his door open - sometimes you'd smell stale weed smoke :)shock:) other times it would just be the smell of rotting rubbish...

The guy was vile, he'd leave bin bags in the communal hallway (I'd always knock or shout through and tell him to move them) but he'd actually flytip on the street outside?? We had to report him all the time to the council?

He wasn't horrible or scary, in-fact he'd always send us a bottle of wine up at Christmas and he'd always say hello, but he was just disgustingly dirty!

Thankfully he moved out (on my Birthday last month) God knows what we'll end up with this time round??

We live in an ex council flat [the flat downstairs is still council owned though]

xxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: Lou I hope your ok now! I wouldn't let it bother you, neighbours are nothing to you really right? Just friends and family are what matters in your life :)

Don't let them make you want to move! Some people are just arsey and have a chip on their shoulders for no reason!

My ex neighbour before I moved here chased a 8 year old boy down the street with a machete! That was a sight that shocked me! In broad daylight too! Needless to say the police where called and he was arrested! Funnily enough,he was allegedly crippled and could not walk never mind run! He looked pretty darn capable to me! They busted his balls anyway! Ha!

X

Omg Russellmuscle, he sounded like the neighbour from hell. Just seen u stay in clydebank, I stayed in faifley for a few years, had my fair share of nutjob neighbours there! The guy below me was a junky and set fair to the place one night after he fell asleep with the cooker on, I was stuck on the 4th floor and the fire brigade had to rescue me through the window. He drove me mad for 3 years til I had enough and moved X

Yeah I recently moved to Clydebank, Dunctocher. My bit is actually really nice its all bought houses and stuff it was just that guy up the stair haha you may know him - everyone does.

Im used to worse.. Im originally from Drumchapel born and bred lol xxxx

:hugs: Lou I hope your ok now! I wouldn't let it bother you, neighbours are nothing to you really right? Just friends and family are what matters in your life :)

Don't let them make you want to move! Some people are just arsey and have a chip on their shoulders for no reason!

Thanks Loopy, I'm feeling better now especially after reading everyone else's stories - I guess it's just one of those things :) Can't get on with everyone.

I'm still expecting another email from the police as i complained to them about the guy bollocking me, but I'm refusing to check my emails because I was a bit assertive :whistle:

Last edited:
We should start an annoying neighbours club lol, mine smokes weed without his wife knowing and when she smelt it he said it must of been one of us, after repetedly smelling it he blamed us for growin it, word got out and we had a lovely police raid, they obviosuly didnt find anythig but was still slightly scary as they all turned up, little lad loved seeing all the police men and the dog lol, which is a good thing a if it had of scared him we would have a war on our hands lol x

Omg kaylee that's awful!!! I'd have gone ape shit!! X

I thought about it but couldt be bothered with the hassle, i think he got wot he deserved lol..karmas a bitch, or his wife ha ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back