anyone else feel this?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
I feel really bad, but my cousin found out she was pg before Xmas and we found out today that my bil and his wife are expecting and she was told she couldn't have children. In one sense I'm made up for both parties but feel a bit like Charlie won't get a look in now, especially with bil kid coming as he's mils fave son and she never bothers with Charlie as it is...I feel really bad and i know its selfish as Charlie will always have me but does anyone else feel like this? X

I felt like that when my aunt got pregnant when I did. Unfortunately she had a mc so never had to deal with it much further than that. I'm sure it feels worse at the time than it actually is iykwim?

I know exactly how you feel hun but in a different kinda way as my situation is different from yours. I moved to Ireland a year ago and my family rarely visit and my mum hardly ever calls or Skypes with us anymore and even when she does she sits there yawning and fidgeting like shes bored! I was lucky enough to grow up seeing all my grandparents regularly (2 of them died in my teens so I'd been with them throughout my childhood) and I'm so upset that this wont be the case for Angel. OHs real Dad lives in Korea so god knows when he'll meet her. His mum has never visited us, nor does she call or Skype regularly either so I'm gutted for her :( she'll always have me and OH obviously but I loved having a bond with my grandparents and hers don't seem to care :( sorry I couldn't offer any advice but just wanted to say you're not alone xxxx

Try to think about it in that your little one will have friends to play with at family events. My brother and sil are having a baby in 2 months. At first I felt bad that K won't be the youngest for long, but then thought I would have loved Having cousins so close to my age. Sorry about your mil though! Xx

I know exactly how u feel!

My brother announced his gf was pg the day after I announced my pg. it took us 2 and a half years to conceive and nearly had ivf but found out I was pg 2 weeks before referral was made. He and his gf had only been together 5 months and had had a mc 2 months earlier. So I feel like they stole my thunder by announcing the day after us and the day after her period was due. Henry was due 20th Feb and their baby was due 17th March.

I then hoped that we had different flavour babies do they couldnt be compared to each other. Luckily, I have Henry and they have Poppy-Rose.

In the end, Poppy was born on 28th Feb and Henry on 6th March.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It seemed so much worse than it was. The family love making a fuss of both of them, and they aren't treated any differently to each other.

It will be all good in the end hun, and like the girls have said, charlie will have playmates forever xxx

I hope so, I'm kind of glad bil is having a baby as it'll make him realise things lol like he invited us to dinner and we all had to be there in ten mins and we were like erm Charlie's having a feed then a nap... It will be nice for him to have playmates, and I suppose I could offer help too :) xx

It will all seem a lot better when the babies r here. I was upset the whole of my pg about my brother, as Henry would've been the second of three grandchildren (the only boy tho!). As it turns out, he is the youngest as Poppy didnt wanna wait! Charlie will be the big cousin Jo is baby cousins lookup to xx

Yes my inlaws arent that interested because OH is youngest of 4 so his brother and sisters all have kids already and our baby was grandchild no.8, so they never really made much fuss. But as his little character is developing they are becoming more interested in him as an individual rather than just another grandchild.

I love that OH's brother has a baby only 11 months older than Jasper, I hope they will become really good mates, sort of grow up together, even if its only at family do's etc, and go drinking together when they're older, like I had with my cousin. It could work out great xxx

Aww I do think this is understandable! I can't offer any advice though because I think I'm the other people in your situation!!! My older brother and his fiancee announced their pregnancy then the next month I announced mine. They found out they were having a boy, we found out we were having a boy... I felt guilty because they had gone through a surgical reversal (his fiancee had those clip things) to conceive my nephew and I felt like I was stealing their thunder, even though we desperately wanted a LO of our own. I was so upset at the time thinking I'd never get pg then I found out I was and felt guilty!

It's all changed though now their both here! We're always talking about how it's going to be nice that they'll grow up together only a month apart in age etc.

I think at the time it probably doesn't feel nice but it'll be great when there's loads of babies around! xx

my LO will be the oldest of 4 born this year. my LO in march then a cousin each month after that. i found out while i was preg and i think its nice that she will have cousins so close in age. one that she will probably see every week as my OH's sister is due in june. my cousins are due in april and may and we will be going to visit one of them in october before i go back to work as i grew up visiting those cousins and loved having 3 friends near to my age to visit :)

For me I kinda have a similar situation but regarding a close friend. Went out early this month with the girls abd She announced She was Preg. At first I was Happy for her but deep down was a bit like Oh I miss all the pregnancy attention. But i love giving her advice sharing experiences and can't wait to buy baby stuff for someone else. She did spoil Leandro and glad that Hell have someone his age to play with as most of my friends don't have Kids or have Kids that are at least a couple of years older. But when i was pregnant I was kinda gutted No one else was pregnant at the same time. My best friend and Leos godmother was Preg whilst I was about 6 months but had a mc unfortunately. With me though I had two cousins born the same year as me and Were as close as anything. They're both Even godparents to Leandro xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back