Anybody Else Feel Like This??

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Mums,

I have just had my second baby (well, nearly 9 weeks ago). I feel like my life is just taken up with nappies, puke, poo, toys, tidying up, crying etc.....you all know what I mean. It takes forever to go anywhere. My parents and in laws have been very good and have taken my little girl out once a week so I can be alone with the baby. My folks have babysat every other week so we can go out, which is great! It is awful to say, but, I am still not satisfied! :oops:

I just feel like I want ONE night, one WHOLE night for just me and my DH. Our sex life is suffering badly also (he won't come near me!) which also is not helping. I feel like I am just existing to be a "Mummy" and nothing else! I put the kids to bed last night and suggested that me and DH had a drink together after a very snowy day - he did not want to and said "I hate drinking in the house" - I was so frustrated!! I had a bath and read my book before going to bed. I am so irritable with him and my little girl - I feel like it is never ending!! I look back and wonder what I did with my time?!

RANT OVER!! I know I sound selfish but I had to get it out of my system!!

Does anyone else feel really bogged down with everything?
Does it get better with time?

Julia xxxxx

sometimes, yeah. my OH finished work at 1 today, came round to mine at 3 and asked if i wanted to go out shopping or something, but by the time we'd have gotten zach ready everywhere would be shut! however, i did have my first night off on monday night, we went out for a meal & i was in tears before the starters even arrived i missed him that much! can't have it both ways though, lol.

Its early days yet, it will get a lot easier as they got older. I remember when Logan was a couple months old I used to get up early and try really hard to get out an about, but I'd still struggle to get out of the house by 3pm at the earliest! :hug:

All I do....

Make up bottle, feed, wash bottle, sterilise bottle, change nappy, make up bottle, blah blah blah-di-blah

(notice sleep isnt mentioned anywhere)

I just need a night off, even for a couple of hours...but pffft as if :shakehead:

I know how you feel! It does seem that you just don't get any time just for yourself. I really miss having time to just zone out and not have to think about anything but with having 2 children you're lucky to get time to visit the loo let alone think!

We have tried to have a few indulgences and we even managed a family trip to pizza hut which was great and I went for lunch with my SIL while DD was at nursery (she has a little boy 1 month older than DS) and that was good cos we could just talk about babies!. I think it's important to try and do things like that sometimes but with people who understand if you're running late etc.

I'm not even thinking about sex at the moment, I don't feel remotely interested and any time I do have I'd rather sleep! I'm hoping to be able to express enough milk to go out for a little while on Valentines day if I can get someone to watch DS but I'm not sure I'd enjoy being out much, I'd end up worrying that he wasn't taking the bottle or that he needed his mummy!

Last edited:
awww hun :hug: :hug: it does get easier.with 2 ofcourse itstwiceas hard.ive only just now got to the stage where i sometimes think ive cracked it!I still have days when i think all i do is run around after the kids and OH and have no time or space for just me but it gets easier i promise :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

you're not alone hun.. Ollie is a bit poorly so i've had extra puke and poo to mop up! All i ask for is to just have the time to straighten my hair. Its got that bad i'm having it all chopped short tomorrow as im fed up with looking a mess! Even when i think i will have a bath to relax i can here Ollie crying with OH and get out! As for the sex life? when the hell to people find the time? If i had any time free i would be kipping not shagging! :sleep:

A couple of weeks back i did almost lose the plot as i couldnt even find the time to grab a drink! I then looked at Ollie smiling at me though and its all worth it. I'm just about coping with one so 2 must be hard. I think i will stick with the one. :)

Claire xx

I feel exactly the same hun. I feel like i entertain LO, wash bottles, sterilise bottles, do washing, get washing dry, get LO to sleep, feed LO then start all over again until bedtime! It's never ending. What's worse is when OH doesn't seem to realise how hard work it is. It would be nice to be appreicated once in a while i think!

Im sure things will get easier though for you. Although iv had my little moan it has goten easier overtime x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back