Anyone else 40 and preggers?

annamatt

Reaction score
Hey girls,

I thought I would see if I can find some more older mums for mutual support! I am 7 weeks pregnant, 40 and mother to two girls aged 15 and 7. My OH is thrilled but this pregnancy was a total and utter shock. My OH is not the father of my girls ( although he has been with us since my youngest was 10 months old ) and we had decided after a very early MC three years ago we would not try again - so to find out I was pregnant was a huge bolt from the blue! I am feeling like the oldest kid on the block at the moment and suffering from massive fatigue, sickness etc.

Just thought I would see if there are any other girls in the same boat so we can support each other xxxx

Yep me, had first at 41 I'm now 42 and caught again :) x

Hi- I'm not 40- a mere 25 but wanted to say hello and congrats anyway! :)

Hooray Vikki I am not alone!! xxxx Thanks for the congrats Mummybexee xx

Hi there, Im big 40 this Friday and baby due August 11th,so not long to go now. I have a 15 year old and 14 year old.I got broody again about 6 years ago,and we started trying for another baby,but it took a long time to happen 3rd time round.Really excited about starting again,and have 2 older babysitters.Good Luck with your pregnancy !
Have found it alot more tiring this time round, being older

Last edited:
Im 39, but nearly at the end of my pregnancy - just wanted to say huge congrats xxxx Good luck x

Hi I'm 41 and ours was a lovely surprise too as we were told that without IVF we had less than 3% chance of conceiving. Had mmc and then after trying again for a while we found out we would need IVF and its taken 3 years, but lo and behold pregnant again. So chuffed, but I'm now 41 and looks like I'm gonna have to be monitored more closely for everything lol. Plus I'm overweight! Fingers crossed we will breeze through it all! X

Not pregnant as yet but I'm 40 and hoping to get my much wanted Bfp very soon after 3 losses :-( gd luck with ur pregnancy hope all goes smoothly xx

I'm 37 and due my second baby in feb. little girl is 16 months.

Congratulations xxx

I'm 37 and expecting my first. Experiencing hideous nausea and fatigue too. V hard to function normally.

Congrats. :).

Xxx

I had my first at 38 and my little boy is now 18 months old. We decided to NTNP after the new year and was rather surprised to get my 2nd BFP in Feb and celebrated my 40th 3 weeks ago (I have to admit doing that completely dry was a bit brutal). My 2nd little boy is due to arrive in October so I will have two under two before the year is out :shock:

I have to admit that I felt a bit silly leaving it until now so I'm glad I not alone :lol; Though I do think I'm crackers :) and oh so tired to be going it again now. I am however very thankful I was able to conceive both times without help.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Hey Anna, congrats on your pregnancy

Im 40 in 2 weeks time and i cant think of a nicer , more age defying way to spend it that be pregnant.
This is my last baby as its number 5. I had three kids closer together when younger ( now 14,12,11) and then i have my 2 yr old son and this is a growing up buddy for him.

Having a big gap is lovely as its like having your first again, enjoy

Shatinahan wishing you a happy big 40 for friday!!

Last edited:
Wow there are lots of us out there!! You know, I am having such a hard time with this pregnancy, so tired I can barely function - luckily since I found out last week I have had these last two weeks as annual leave ( was booked before I knew) and I am seriously worried about how I am going to cope with work when I go back next week :( I need at least one big nap during the day but my eyes constantly feel heavy and I feel like I am about 8 months pregnant lol. Sickness, aching muscles, crying at TV ads one minute then psycho then next....Ah the joys lol

How are you girls feeling ? x

Congratulations hun! Fab news! I'm 42 and due in December! My kids are 15 and 12 and I'm really looking forward to being a mum again. It's a lot more knackering than last time! Good luck! xxx

Last edited:
And if you've any questions there's a few of us in the same boat if you need any advice. xxx

Hello and congratulations all. I am 41 and am expecting my 3rd ...... Total shock but both myself and OH are very very happy. This will be our first child together we both have 2 children each from previous relationships the eldest being 20 and the youngest 12 ...... So feels like we starting totally from scratch. Know exactly how u are feeling Anna ... I feel exactly the same the tiredness is unbelievable and I am struggling to function at work! I get by by reassuring myself that these are all good positive signs ;-) My tummy has shot out and there is no disguising the fact I am pregnant ..... So many people have asked me when I am due .... Their faces are a picture when I say Feb! X X

It's always worth saying "What do you mean? I'm just fat" if someone asks when you're due out of the blue. Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back