Anyone been measuring 1-2cm bigger than the weeks?

babybo

Reaction score
I had my m/w appt yesterday and I measured 39 cm at 37+5. I've always measured 1 cm bigger than my week.
M/w said baby won't be the smallest and looking at 8 and half maybe 9 l b?

Anybody else had bigger measurements but actually had a smaller baby? I'm all bump as everyone keeps telling me. I just don't understand how baby can be so big? I'm a size 12/14 and was a tiny baby and hubs was too?
Xx

Hey huni at 30 weeks I was measuring 35weeks, had a scan n bambino is actually below average xx

I measured 2cm bigger every time they took measurements with my LO but she was only 7.11 and I had a lot of water!

Apparently fundal height is a very inaccurate way of estimating baby's weight so I wouldn't worry. My friend was measuring 2cm smaller and she ended up with a 9 pounder, but on the same note, my other friend measured 2cm smaller and her baby was only 6lb 13 so I don't think it makes that much difference!
Do you feel like your bump is 'all baby' or does it still feel like lots of water? xx

With all 4 of my pregnancies I've measured bigger even been sent for growth scans, but the first 3 ranged from 7-8lb my 4th was 10lb 1oz but I carried and measured just the same as with the first 3 and the scan didn't say he was big so I dont think you can really go by the measurement

At 34 weeks I was measuring 37 weeks. As Kirsty said, its not really accurate, my doctor told me that they allow up to 4-5cm either way before they get worried as it can depend in how baby is laying. I was normal size with my daughter, they estimated she'd be an average weight but she was almost 9lb! This little fella has measured bang on my dates length-wise, but his head and abdomen circumference and his estimated weight has put him 2 weeks ahead. I've been told by my doctor & midwives that he probably will be on the large side, but I can't help thinking that after all this he'll be tiny! Time will tell I guess!

At 28 weeks I measured 30 weeks, but the day before I had a growth scan and Roo was weighing up small. I have been spot on in my last measurements, but have a growth scan today so I will see what lil man is up to today, plus measuring my belly myself recently I am getting it 2cm smaller than my dates. But then I'm probably not measuring myself quite right. I wouldn't worry too much Hun xxx

Maybe its a tall baby?
i was 8 lb 8oz when i was born
and really skinny but v long!
im 5'10 now and hubby is 6'2 i think this baby will be well over 9lb! but hopefully all length!!!!
he he he

at some appointments ive been 1-2cm out but then its cought up. On tuesday i was measuring 39 so 1cm bigger, mw wasnt too concerned although it is pretty much all baby as you can feel bum and back etc.. I dread to thiknk th size of this lil lady xxx

I am always measure 1cm more and my MW (who is the oldy worldy type) said this is normal. As she has been a MW longer than I have been born (and I'm nearly 39) I trust her advice and comments completely. Hope all the girls' comments and advice help put your mind at ease xxxx

Thanx girls. Think I'll be paranoid until she arrives!!
My bump is quite hard so and I can feel her bum and sometimes it sticks right out!! X

Hey hun, haven't read through all replies but just wanted to say don't worry about their measurements, they are so inaccurate most of the time, even when they scan and say baby will be such and such a weight is a guess... heard a doctor actually say this on MAU yesterday as well to another patient! So try not to worry.

I've measured approx 2cm ahead throughout this pregnancy and that is within normal range of their measuring, it wasn't until I went 3cm ahead that they were like 'omg you're having a massive baby and you have loads of fluid'... then a week later I was back to 2cm ahead :wall2:

When i had my son he was 8lb 10oz, and everyone says that is a 'good weight' but honestly hun he was teeny. He was in newborn size til he was 3 months old, he was solid built but tiny.

You're body will only produce a baby you can birth so don't worry sweets xxx

My friend was always coming up large on the charts (by a few cms), but baby was born 2 weeks ago and was 8.1lbs, so not that big really.

I've got a big baby and keep on having extra growth scans (bubs currently estimated at about 8 lbs with 2.5 weeks to go!!) however I am only measuring 1 cm over, so I don't think it is that accurate. I wouldn't worry too much, even if it is a big baby it's only the head you've got to push out...the rest will follow! (at least that's what I'm telling myself!) x x x

See that's the bit that worries me mrsblue! My Roo's head is measuring bigger than average but everything else is smaller!! All I can say is ouch :shock: xx

It'll all be fine...I think it's going to be a big OUCH no matter what size the head is! My baby's head is big too, just not as big as the rest of him/her...I'm growing a monster! x

yep. I did my whole pregnant and he was 9 days late x

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine has had a 9lb baby and also a 7lb baby and she found giving birth to the bigger baby easier! x

ive heard it easuer giving birth to bigger babies x

I'll let you know when it happens lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back