Measuring bigger for 25 weeks?!

You're right number2, one of my friends was very small when she had baby, but she's a PE teacher and has abs of pure steel! It used to upset her when people said how small she was, and in fairness baby was small when he was born but he was 6 weeks early so would have had the chance to put on a lot more weight had she gone full term

I was big with my first and needed a growth scan at 32 weeks, but he was 7lb7oz when born so normal size, i was measuring under at every midwifes app with my other 2, and they were 7lb, and 7lb 3oz. I wouldnt worry unless the midwife does hun. I'm yet to be measured with this one. x

One of my friends keeps saying "You're gonna have a HUGE baby! Look at the size of your bump!" As if I wasn't anxious enough about labour and birth as it is you insensitive wench!

Just ignore them - they obviously don't think before they speak! Muppets!

And yea sod what everyone else is saying. BE PROUD OF YOUR BUMP!!! LOL bet they are just jealous. x

I measured consistently ahead of dates this time. At 34 weeks I was sent for a growth scan and came back within normal range but towards the top end - Hebe had been the same and she weighed 8lb 11oz - so not huge but not small either. I got constantly told I looked like I was having twins and I was MUCH bigger than with my Hebe. I got 4 or so stretch marks at the top of my humongous bump and was told to be ready for a 9/10lb baby........the second I saw him and they put him on my tummy I KNEW he was smaller than Hebe was.....8lb 4oz.....

My MW said fundal height is a very rough guestimate - the scans are only marginally better. Your body wont make a baby you cant birth so dont sweat it ;)

x

I always measured small for dates with my other three but this one i've already had to buy bigger clothes and i'm only 8weeks and a couple of days, but all my kids were healthy sizes when they were born, a friend of mine was told she was big for dates and her now three year old was only just 7lb when she was born so i wouldn't worry about it babe xx

I just got back from by 25 week mw app and as suspected, I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead lol, mw didn't seem too concerned, I have a consultant appointment about my bp in 2 weeks time anyway so she said they might want to organise a growth scan when they check it then. I'm not too concerned to be honest :)

be proud of your bump hun! you made that special gift that is inside you so show it off with every ounce of pride you have got... ignore the jealous comments and concentrate on the new life growing inside...xxx can't wait to see the piccies of you though, my bump is starting to show but at this stage I'm just looking very podgy and not at all pregnant so I'm getting a lot of snide remarks about eating too many cakes!!!! charming eh? xxx

Thanks ladies, I am proud of my bump now - In B&Q today a lovely man with his baby in the trolley commented on this being our second and then said 'not long to go now then?!' when I said 14 weeks, he was shocked and said it was one of those moments when he shouldnt have said anything; I told him it was fine and I was used to it!

i feel and look huge to. even a lady in the sweet shop asked me 2day when i was due, i told her and she said god so uve got 3 months felt, ur really big!
i'm going to see the midwife tomoro 2 will let u know how i get on x

I always measure big for my dates have with all 3. I know what you mean about the school playground ppl think its ok to say what they like to you. Im 19wk now and all I get is oh my god your not even half way your gunna be huge. My las two where 8lb 13oz and 7lb 14oz so not as big as I looked how big was rosie?

Rosie was 8lb 6oz; not massive really. I think its a pretty common thing to be told you're bigger for your dates, Im not really going to take much notice of it now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back