Measuring bigger for 25 weeks?!

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
I saw my midwife today and mentioned to her how enormous I feel compared to my last pregnancy. Everyone just everyone comments on how big my bump is and its starting to annoy me and upset me as Im feeling like a freak! The ladies at playgroup say I look full term already!!

Anyway, she measured me and said that yes I am measuring bigger than they would expect for this point. :shock:

Anyone else had this? Im worried now that Im going to have a much bigger baby although I will come to terms with this if it is the case but equally surely they can get it wrong right?!

I don't know RM I'm sorry, but I've a feeling mine is going to say the same tomorrow, people keep saying 'ooh, not long now!' and I'm like actually, I've got more than 3 months to go yet....could it just be a baby growth spurt? And yes, I'm sure they can get this sort of thing wrong!

I seem to be a focal point at the playgroup, Im thinking of telling everyone Im actually having triplets or doing some other wind up :)

I reckon you should, at least it would shut everyone up hehe! Annoying isn't it?!!

I agree it's annoying! I had it with my 2nd son and was measuring 4 weeks ahead.. Got a feeling it's going to go the same way with this one too!

I'm too big apparently too. She said that you should be the same in cms as you are weeks when they measure your bump. I was 25 weeks but measured 27cm. She said that I shouldn't worry yet as they will monitor it and if it carries on at the same rate or goes over 3cm too big they'd give me a growth scan at 34 weeks. She said that it could just be a growth spurt or fluid so could change. Everyone keeps telling me I'm huge and making comments about nobody being as pregnant as me (this afternoon's effort from some women at work!). Funny thing is I wasn't really showing until about 4 weeks ago, I just looked fat! Has got big really quickly. Hope the women at playgroup aren't getting you down RM, I know how you feel though! This is my first too and am finding it really hard adjusting to my changing shape. xxx

ahh hun that must be really annoying, but if you think of it as much better than measuring too small. Did the midwife mention anything about another scan?

I measured much bigger when pregnant with Evie. I had a growth scan at 34 weeks and was told Evie was measuring about 4 wks bigger than normal and I was really worried. I delivered bang on time and although she was big (8lb 13oz) she wasn't huge so it is only an estimate really.

As for the women at playgroup they've got no right making you feel like that, you show your bump off with pride, hold your head up and smile my lovely, they are all prob jealous they didn't have such a fab bump :)

I'm too big apparently too. She said that you should be the same in cms as you are weeks when they measure your bump. I was 25 weeks but measured 27cm. She said that I shouldn't worry yet as they will monitor it and if it carries on at the same rate or goes over 3cm too big they'd give me a growth scan at 34 weeks. She said that it could just be a growth spurt or fluid so could change. Everyone keeps telling me I'm huge and making comments about nobody being as pregnant as me (this afternoon's effort from some women at work!). Funny thing is I wasn't really showing until about 4 weeks ago, I just looked fat! Has got big really quickly. Hope the women at playgroup aren't getting you down RM, I know how you feel though! This is my first too and am finding it really hard adjusting to my changing shape. xxx

Thanks Ickleprawn, this is my second bubs - I was huge with Rosie but it was more extra weight and I measured spot on for the weeks. Im starting to dread playgroup, all the comments etc. I will have to take a photo of my bump side on so you guys can see :)

I measured much bigger when pregnant with Evie. I had a growth scan at 34 weeks and was told Evie was measuring about 4 wks bigger than normal and I was really worried. I delivered bang on time and although she was big (8lb 13oz) she wasn't huge so it is only an estimate really.

As for the women at playgroup they've got no right making you feel like that, you show your bump off with pride, hold your head up and smile my lovely, they are all prob jealous they didn't have such a fab bump :)

Aww thanks you just made me well up! One of the women in particular is 2 weeks behind me and she hardly has a bump at all, she is just a bit overweight but I have never said anything to her about it. She always makes the comments so it sould be that she has bump envy! xx

Don't worry Hun people keep saying to me " are you sure there's not two in there"??? In fact the next person who says that or "oh my god look at you" I think I'll punch them in the face lol xxx

I'd say it's defo a case of bump envy. Some women are awful with stuff like that. I wouldn't say anything either but some people just can't help themselves. You show it off with pride, nothing nicer than a lovely big baby bump :)

And don't worry too much if MW says you're measuring bigger as growth can slow down or it could be fluid or the position of baby. If they think you need a scan they should book you in, and on the plus side if you get one you'll get to see baby again and at 34+ wks you get great scan pics xx

ahh hun that must be really annoying, but if you think of it as much better than measuring too small. Did the midwife mention anything about another scan?

No she didnt, she just said I was bigger than they would expect at 25 weeks. We'll see, perhaps the growth will slow down - who knows perhaps I have a toddler size baby? Oh well, time will tell I suppose - as long as baby slips out with ease I dont care!?!?!

I'm the same - i measured myself and am measuring 33 weeks! I have a check up and diabeties test in the next two weeks so i'll see what they say. My last was 8 11 so i wasn't expexting a small baby. But to top it off i was over weight when i got pregnant and a size 16. I was a 12-14 with first three but i have new stretch marks appearing and some right above my tummy button which are really painful, i can't remember them hurting before and i had loads - whats worrying me is that i'm only 26 weeks and not sure i can stretch much futher! I'm going to have a 4d scan so it will be intresting to see how big they say babe is as with 20week scan i was bang on average for dates!

I'd say it's defo a case of bump envy. Some women are awful with stuff like that. I wouldn't say anything either but some people just can't help themselves. You show it off with pride, nothing nicer than a lovely big baby bump :)

And don't worry too much if MW says you're measuring bigger as growth can slow down or it could be fluid or the position of baby. If they think you need a scan they should book you in, and on the plus side if you get one you'll get to see baby again and at 34+ wks you get great scan pics xx

Massive :hug: you have made me feel so much better and the more I think about it the more I think that bump envy is apparant! I'll stick the bump out on Thursday!

RM,

I realised that you are having your second baby as you're Rosie's Mummy!!! I meant that as it is my first baby I didn't think I'd be big. I thought some people got bigger quicker with their second babies. I hope you're feeling better about it now. xxx

Yes I am thanks, much better - Im looking forward to sticking out the bump as far as it goes at playgroup! :) I was big with Rosie too but BIG all over, I was 16 stones at full term, 5 stones heavier than my starting weight - I am tall but there was no disguising the extra weight!

Just thought id add my SIL was measuring big and she had 2 growth scans which showed the baby to be the right size and that he would be around 8lb at full term, he was born over 2wks early at only 6lb 13. So i wouldnt take the measurement as baby could be all at front. The Dr at the hospital said im going to have a big baby but im having a growth scan at 38wks to see how big my lil man is. x

I feel the same as you RM, haven't seen the midwife but family comments of 'Gosh, you're much bigger this time round' coupled with the fact that with Alex and this baby I both started at 8 1/2 stone, full term with Alex I was 10 1/2 stone, and with this one, with 4 months to go Im already at 10 stone.

People are always gonna come up with something, if its not annoying you by saying how big you are, it would be commenting aren't you small for your dates, and worrying all the other poor women that way! Everyone seems to have such an opinion on pregnancies, very annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back