Any Republic of Ireland folk on here?

Simoneh00

Reaction score
Our friend and his family are from Ireland and both me and my OH love it there. Now we keep getting told chefs earn a really high wage there. Was wondering how true this is and how realistic with the cost of living.
Obviously we get tax credits and stuff here but I have zero clue about being entitled to anything over there?

We'd love to move but need to know the practicalities of it. The place we'd go, Bettystow, is just gorgeous. On the beach and everything but I think we might just be dreaming...

tapatalking!!!

sweety lots of girlie room lasses are irish you may get a better response in there xxxxxxxxxx

I'm from Kildare ? So maybe I can help z

If you have questions ask away I know Betty's town very well and it's just lovely

I just need to know if we could realistically afford to live over there :)
We couldn't survive here without tax credits to be honest so Im unsure how we managed there xx

tapatalking!!!

A friend of mine is a chef in a small hotel in ROI and he earns around

I don't think you finished that comment :lol:

tapatalking!!!

Well I know chefs earn well enough here ? As a friend just bought a house , then you would have child benefit I think ? ( not sure about people who move here. ) which helps , if you are living together two years or married there is tax relief for that if you have dependants , you may qualify for a
Medical card also depending on wages , or a doctors visit card ( I don't sadly ) . Shopping can be expensive but if you are happy to get your groceries from
Different places it's easier .

OMG what the hell?!?!

25000 euros.
Which is about 20000 pounds.

3rd time lucky?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm not from RoI but i've spent alot of time there & in the North. If you move to the North you'll get the same as you get in the UK (tax credits/child ben ect) because the North is part of Britain, the money system works the same way.

If you move to RoI you dont get anything you get in the UK. You wont get any child benefit or tax creds or anything. The financial sitation is a bit crap in RoI & there's not alot of jobs on the go. The wages are ok, but the cost of living is very expensive coz its the euro. The only way you'd be entitled to any sort of state benefit there would be if you have Irish family.

I'd give my right arm to move to RoI - i'd never move to the north although it does have some beautiful bits. Its too much like England for me (sorry English girls) Unfortunately we dont want to risk moving & not getting the beneifts (if we couldnt find work). I hope it improves there & there is more jobs available i'd move in an instant

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back