MONEY MONEY... NO MONEY!

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Just watching on the news about the new road tax changes... we will be paying over £100 more on ours :talkhand:

What with the 10p tax rate, our council tax going up, the rising fuel costs and rise in our shopping bill all teamed together with me being on maternity leave we'd acually be better of NOT working. we might not bring in as much on benefits but the fact that we'd then be entitled to housing benefit (and probably a council house which we can't get for love nor money), council tax relief, plus income supprt we would actually have more money to spend on ourselves. That really encourages me to go back to work and miss my baby growing up... :roll:

This country is a pile of poo.

bunnymom1980 said:
Jade&Evie said:
This country is a pile of poo.

Agreed!!
I second that!

at the moment, me and my OH earn around £27,000 between us a year, we rent a one bed house which costs us nearly £500 a month, bills are coming in sky high and because of that i will NOT allow the heating on as our last bill was over £200 for a month!! :shock:

we usually spend around £50 a week on food but for the past few weeks this has risen to £70/80 a week

i am having to put around £20 a week in my car now just to get me to and from work, which usually only cost me £10 - it is fookin ridiculous and i am so scared how we are going to cope when i am on Mat Leave because everything seems to be going up in price and our wages are staying the same - its sickening and Gordon Brown (B*stard!!) is ruining our Country at such a fast rate....

Just plain silly isnt it ! And the tax credits do my head in!

I hate this country!!

No wonder so many people are killing themselves, people are homeless, stealing, commiting fraud and moving abroad!! Something has to happen soon or we're all gonna be eating scraps or worse living on the streets.

This year we've been quite lucky and our Rent and Council tax have gone down instead of up but Gas, Leccy and other bills have gone up and to top it off I lost my job in March :(
My OH has to renew his season ticket today and thats gone up to £3000 a year which makes his monthly payments higher and they say they want you to use public transport more but it works out more expensive eg. to get from Bishop's Stortford to Harlow its about £4 or just over and £10 petrol in the car would get you there and back about 4 times :x

It stinks, it really does!
We've just got our own rented place (we move in Saturday - whoop), it's £550 a month then we've got all the bills on top... they keep putting up petrol prices and food prices and not putting up wages! Makes me sad as we're going to literally be counting pennies!

I sorted out our gas and electric and decided i'd pay more for capped prices because i'd be scared of them increasing hugely!

It's just so hard to live right now (money-wise). I don't know what we'll do when my maternity allowance stops!

It seems like no one gives a toss though, its the ones who have loads of money (Ie the government, Brown etc..) making the decisions, an extra £50 out their pocket a week I doubt the notice since they're still entitled to huge amounts of expenses. If they did then they would have stopped all this from happening a long time ago!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back