ANY ONE ELSE? or IS IT JUST ME & OH?

Baby&i

Reaction score
Ater we have little one, we hope to fall pregnant as soon as my body is healthy enough again. it will be lovely.
I really dont have any kind of struggles with newborns love the sleep deprived nights and just sit there daydream looking at new baby. love the feeds through day AND night (Elle was an exeption, feeds every two hours for 18months), the colic.. everything about it really. my three year old is such a angel i hardly know shes here. she gets up at 7 goes to bed at 8 sits and reads books alot of the day we play blocks and this can all be done inbetween napping and cleaning. i pretty much look after my OH like a little boy anyway and do the cooking cleaning and everything else.. are any of you considering having another with small space gap too? :D

nope not me lol

I am hoping to have 2-3 year age gap, want to enjoy my first before going for another.

Lol, i can deffo see where your coming from, iv enjoyed every second of my three years "alone time" with my DD, but i also wish she would have stayed 4 weeks old for longer hehe :wink: shes always been a good girl im so lucky. im guessing it would take about 6-8months to get back the nutrients ect back into the body then another 9months after that.. baby would over a year anyway :think:

definately not.. i also want to enjoy my newborn.. i also think a 2 year gap would be just right.

Claire x

We are considering trying for number 2 as soon as my body has recovered (and I have had the chance to have a few nice bottles of Sancerre :D ).

Only reason for trying again fairly quickly is my DH will be 41 this year, and I will be 35 just after LO is born, and I dont want to be get to the stage where fertility becomes more difficult, or have additional medical worries.

Im hoping we can wait until LO is about 9 months or so, but wont make any definite decisions until our first one arrives, and I see how I cope!!

I dont really have any choice... I was caught completely by surprise and it was a HUGE shock. I had a traumatic birth and a bumpy first few weeks and its all still VERY vivid in my mind so tbh im pooing myself about the whole birth thing again more than anything else.
I wouldnt change it now as im glad to be pregnant and excited that James is going to have a little brother or sister and that they will be close in age - i do think it will be nice for them.

But I do feel a bit sad that i havent got more time alone with James and Im anxious that im not going to be able to give him all the attention he deserves to have as a 1 year old child as there will be a new born there needing me too.

Before I got pregnant, I wanted to do this - have two very close together. But now I'm pregnant, it doesn't agree with me so well, so I think I'll need some time to forget! :rotfl:

If you love it, then go for it...pop 'em out like peas!! :rotfl: Although, definately let your body heal, I've read that can take a year or so, otherwise risk of miscarriage is higher (I can't find a medical source which says this for definate though). I'd check with MW when is the best time to go for No.3!

BTW - totally unrelated to this post but I saw the pics- your nursery looks great - do you and Elle want to come and do mine???

i would love to have another baby after this one but would like a longer gap than all my others plus id have to convince OH first :)

My fave gap has been the 3 year one between my older 2. Chloe was at preschool so I was able to nap in the 3rd tri and she was a bit more independent when Molly arrived.

There is 2 years 7 months between Molly and Roxy and we decided to hold off her starting preschool until the term after Rox was born so she didn't feel pushed out. This meant I didn't get as much time with Rox as i did with the older 2, and I felt torn in so many directions. Although maybe this would have happened anyway, having 3 kids :think:

This time round, we had planned to go for a 4th, but not until Roxy was past her 2nd Birthday. However, I was a little too reliant on breastfeeding and complacent with my pill so we are now looking at an 18 month gap :lol: ! I am sure we will cope fine and in a way it will be nice to complete our family with them all so close in age, especially as I am just about to turn 25. I will be living it up in my 30s! However, I do worry about the baby being just expected to fit around everyone else and Roxy missing out on attention from me.

On the other hand, my mum had 3 of us in 3 years and she says she would not change a thing. We were all at similar stages at the same time, and although it was chaos for a few years, we are all pretty close, especially now my sister and I both have kids.

Whatever you do will work for you. After all, people have twins, triplets and more and they manage. It's def a personal choice and you should be confident in your decision. There will always be people out there who judge you and offer their opinions :roll: .

I wish you all the luck in the world and would suggest you see how things go and try when the time is right for you and your family x

if you had asked me before i had alice, i wanted the smallest gap possible - but after the time we had we decided to wait a little bit.

i plan to wait until these two are at school, and then have 1 maybe 2 more.

you girls have some fab points and i agree with everything said... thankyou to millie :D my friend dan has also asked me to do theirs lol! nooooooop.. after a nursery and re-decorating my three year olds bedroom (On my own :roll: ,Oh, and of corse with of corse with my mini helper :D ) im realy to chill :lol: my mum fell pregnant with me when my brother was 4 weeks old and i LOVE that we are so close still but i also love that DD knows whats to come now shes a little older :D

I am hoping to be pregnant as soon as the baby is older than 6 months.. I took me a year and one m/c to get here so I am not taking chances like before and saying I will be ok later.. Hope the next one won't be such a struggle.
We might be in TTC together hun :hug:

i dont think I wil have a choice in the matter really.

No way can afford 2 children in nursery so will have to wait about 2-3 years in between really.

We wanted a small gap between them do they could grow up together. There will be 18 months between LO and her brother, so I am hoping the transistion won't be as traumatic as it can be with 3-4 year gaps. Charlotte is really easy to look after which helps greatly. Its definatly a very personal choice - my sister has 3 years between hers and they get on really well.

hi, thought i would see what ou pregnant ladies were up to when i came across this thread. there is 11 months between my babies. its hard at first but it gets better. its nice to see them play together now. although they do fight but no more than any other kids. grace was a shock (she was conceived when mark wa 9 weeks) i wouldnt change them for the world. any one wanting to have a close age gap, go for it. its great. :D

I have got a 13 year gap between my son and this new LO :shock:

But we are not planning on having any more after this one has been born. We have been to hell and back for the last 3 years trying to have a child I have had 2 miscarriages and we lost Heidi at 23 weeks pregnant to Edwards Syndrome. Although my Husband would love a second child (my eldest 2 are from a previous relationship) we have decided not to push our luck any further and enjoy having George in our lives.

My Daughter is 15 and sometimes I think I must be crazy to be doing it all again, but I think that the massive age gap is going to be so brilliant for George, I just know that they will totally adore him, plus I am thinking about the help :lol:

Tracey xx

Before I got pregnant for the second time, I always thought a 3 or 4 year age gap would suit our family. But after our daughter was born I was a bit slack with contraception, I assumed that as it had taken us 3 years to conceive our daughter it would take a similar amount of time again, I really didn't expect to be pregnant 13 months later, but to be honest, I am over the moon and wouldn't change a thing :D

aww all so exiting... wow 13 years is a bug gap, but tbh, im 20 and would LOVE if my mum was to fall pregnant again :shock: it would be fab. more babies the better :lol: :cheer: Petra! sounds fun to me:) I have real problems with Contraception. i fell pregnant with DD on the pill took it at 10am every morning religiously, but according to some tests iv had done my body dosnt react well to extra hormones and its kind of like an allergic reaction. the pill made me have a serious rash (i thought was heat rash at the time) and slight swelling to my tounge. i had the IUD put in and had to have it taken out by emergency as they thought it had done dammage i was in soooo much pain it just swelled my uterus up and i was bent over in pain for two weeks. that lasted a month :roll: i had the patch, THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE!! i was the B*tch from hell i could not controll myslef along with vomiting every morning. the injection in the bum made me period for 4 MONTHS! yes four :( so we pretty much use a condom or pull out anyway. my poor body cant take it but i am worried about falling pregnant when i least expect it though without taking anything as backup.. :? good job i love babies :wink:

I was like you hun I wanted smallish gaps with my kids. The two boys are a bit further apart than I wanted (2yrs 8 months) but I had a miscarriage and ovarian cysts and needed to let my body get back to normal not to mention my emotions. My second son and daughter are 20 months between them which I think is perfect although it was tough having 2 in nappies etc. All 3 of my kids are close and I think that is due to the small gap in ages (4 yrs 4 months between them all in total) and I am sh***ing myslef about the relatively long gap this time round. When baby is born my eldest will be 9, middle one 6 and my daughter will be nearly 5.
I think they will be ok they are all fab with babies but I am not used to the big gap so it is freaking me out!

Thats a no for me to, im on my second at 19, apparntly i couldnt have anymore children cause of the complications in my last pregnancy. My son is 2 on the 27 of this month. I wanted to go the pill to see if this would make me ovulate and have a period and i have high blood pressure so i couldnt. Went to talk about other options and found out im pregnant, my son will be 2 and a half, thats still not a big enough age gap, my oh is loving it and we still havent told anyone :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back