Is it just me? Hi

Amylize

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I just want to see if it is just me being selfish or not? I know some ppl prob will think I am though...

But... Before i fell pregnant i was working so hard at getting fit and i lost so much weight and saw the benefits of it. Me and my OH couldnt keep our hand off each other because we were both looking good!

Now i look in the mirror and cant feel good about the way i look? DO NOT get me wrong i love my little girl with my whole heart and she isnt even here yet.. but i think i am so worried that i wont be able to loose the weight i have put on and my OH wont find me as attractive like before. We hardly have sex but not due to him, its more me, im tired and then i just cant seem to get in the mood because i just think how can i still turn him on??? I was modelling before i fell pregnant which helped so much with my confidence boost.

Is it me?

I have attached a modelling photo and my pregnancy look... so you can see i'm not over reacting....

Attachments

• 403962_119474721504551_100003260726671_99620_1074109080_n.jpg
    403962_119474721504551_100003260726671_99620_1074109080_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 26 week.jpg
    26 week.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 94
Personally I think you look great in all your photos.
You dont seem to have put on much weight at all, its all bump that you've got and I think bumps are well sexy,lol!
Dont worry about losing the weight, lots of walking with your pram and it will fall off. True your body will never be exactly as it was pre pregnancy but theres no reason it wont still look good. As for your relationship with oh, again i wouldnt worry you are about to embark on the most exciting ride a couple can ever go on together and hopefully all that will do is make your relationship stronger!

Hi, dont beat yourself up about it. You look amazing in those photos and I honestly believe that if you looked like that once, you will look that way again! If you work hard like you did before Im sure you will look like that again in no time!
I hate getting bigger too, but OH loves seeing my bump. Im not too sure what men love about it but Im so glad they do!
Once your baby arrives you'll be running around keeping busy and the weight will just drop off - Just look at Beyonce :) xxx

I hear you hun,

I don't have much of a bump yet but I've gained 9lbs already!

Last year I lost 20lbs and was at back to 8st (the weight I was when I met OH) and our sex life was amazing. Hence me falling pregnant 3 times within 7 months NTNP!

After our m/c's we were properly TTC and that was a bit of a kill joy, I also kind of let me healthy ways slide in the 4 months we were TTC and I'd already gained 5lbs before my BFP. I've gained a stone since early December :shock: :shock:

I hate to be one of those women that moan about their bodies as quite honestly I don't care all that much... I am growing a baby, the most important thing I will ever do and something until recently I was terrified I'd never be able to do...

However I do care what my OH thinks... I know he loves me but he both he and I were much more sexual when I was feeling better about myself [which was when I was thinner]

I am not going to weigh myself at all for the rest of the pregnancy and I am trying to accept that it is going to be a long time before I will have my body back (I hope to be able to sucessfully breastfeed!) I am also encouraging my OH to enjoy my changing body.

We look at my belly daily and I make sure I still prance about in the nude as usual (normally before and after a bath and not in general :lol: :lol:)

OH seems really excited to see my growing tummy and when I express any negative feelings "I shouldn't be this big this early" he tells me I am keeping our baby safe and the more padding the better :dance:

I still try to stay healthy, but I am having a love affair with Kettle Chips at the moment, and if I am hungry I eat and I eat what I fancy! I have plenty of time to worry about how I look.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I think it doesnt help because they media shows these women weeks after pregnancy and back to being stick thin i know, that most women arnt built that way, i was a nice size 10 and loved my shape but it took a while to get there lol...

I know i prob wont think twice about it when my little princess arrives though i think its coz atm all i seem to do is eat sh*t lol!

my OH always says i look stunning, i cant fault him on that, i just think its generally just because my bump seems to be growing, i have people saying offt you will put loads more on lol!

I have already but 1 stone 5 on! and i know the next 14 weeks baby will be putting on her fat LOL! x

I'm sure your OH finds you as sexy and lovely as ever. You look amazing in those modelling photos, but you also look great with a bump. And it is just that, a bump. It doesn't look like you've gained weight or anything, and if you have it most certainly isn't excessive.
Don't worry about those celebrities who have personal trainers and dieticians working with them constantly so they can be back in shape, you'll lose the weight running around and keeping busy with your LO. Your OH will love you however you look and I really think you won't have too much to worry about!
You look absolutely gorgeous and I hope you get that confidence in how you look back. A lot of being, and feeling, sexy is accepting your body and loving it yourself :D
xx

I think it doesnt help because they media shows these women weeks after pregnancy and back to being stick thin i know, that most women arnt built that way, i was a nice size 10 and loved my shape but it took a while to get there lol...

I know i prob wont think twice about it when my little princess arrives though i think its coz atm all i seem to do is eat sh*t lol!

my OH always says i look stunning, i cant fault him on that, i just think its generally just because my bump seems to be growing, i have people saying offt you will put loads more on lol!

I have already but 1 stone 5 on! and i know the next 14 weeks baby will be putting on her fat LOL! x

Awww, I think it's lovely that your OH compliments you, he obviously can tell you don't feel comfortable within yourself at the moment, and it's nice that he supports you and makes you fele better :).

It's such a difficult thing being pregnant, in the way that our bodies change so dramatically!
You are a lovely size, before and now that you have a lovely bump, from your photos, it doesn't look like you've put weight on anywhere else other than your bump!

Be proud of growing your baby, wear tighter clothes (comfortable ones) show off your baby curves (bump) :p.

I went through a stage of feeling frumpy and unsexy with my ever growing belly, but I must say, since becoming a bit bigger belly wise, I LOVE it, I wear nice tight-ish clothing to show it off.
OH made a comment the other week that he thought I'd lost weight round my sides and that which made me feel so much better about it. And I cheekily sent him a nakie side bump shot, and I said I didnt know if he would want it as I'm massive and he said that he loves seeing it :).
However, he shouts out all the time "PORRRRKKKYYYYY" while were out :wall2: but I just laugh it off and say "you made me this way!!"

:D. Hope you feel better soon sweet, your a beautiful girly, don't get yourself down! xx

Thanks girls! I appreciate it! i just do reckon i'm struggling to come to terms with it. i know once she is here and im running about and hopefully breastfeeding i wont be thinking about how i look..

Plus i am a short arse at only 5foot so getting anything that fits properly esp now when i have extra curves and bump its impossible!

Ill be glad when the weather gets better i think when i can start wearing nice day dresses!

x

I know what you mean, getting sick of wearing maternity jeans and the same few tops! Roll on summer!

I know what you mean, getting sick of wearing maternity jeans and the same few tops! Roll on summer!

TELL ME ABOUT IT! my wardorbe consists of.... about 5 t - shirts and two pairs of maternity jeans and trainers! LOL

I was feeling like this too... Before i got pregnant i was going to the gym 4 times a week and loved the way i looked, and last week i felt so down as i'm moving and sorting out all my old clothes and thinking "I USED TO FIT INTO THAT?!" and then looked in the mirror and just saw a big frumpy pregnant lady haha!

I treated myself to some new tops and a few dresses and now feel like a pretty mummy with a lovely bump.
You will loose the weight, its just what we have to go through un fortunately!

as for celebs... I have no idea how they do it, it must be so un healthy for them too and they are so obsessed with the way they HAVE to look!

I think you look great and you have a lovely bump!!

SMILE :D x

I think it is natural to worry about your body image when pregnant!! Your body is changing so quickly, you are bound to have some concerns! I think you look fab in all pics!!
I have just started feeling a little body conscious, but keep telling myself that after baby is here I can sort it all out! My hubby is wonderful, so I am lucky, he always tells me I'm looking gorgeous (even though I don't feel it these days!!), and I know he genuinely means it!! As long as he is happy with me, to me that is what matters most!

xx

All the women they show in the media who look 'amazing' after having a baby have been nipped, tucked and airbrushed withing an inch of their lives!

I think that if you really want something so bad, like pre pregnancy weight, you can do it! Its just hard work and determination!!!

Im not even going to think about it (well I'll try not to) until LO is out! x

Hun don't worry I'm feeling exactly the same way. My thighs feel huge and i feel like a walkin whale and I was a size 8-10 before falling pg and worked very hard to keep fit and slim. It's really hard to watch it all go to pot but some days I don't care and think about my growing baby.
Worst bit for me is I'm a Beauty therapist and see lots of customers everyday who suddenly think they have the right to comment on my body. Today I had one " you're big for 6 months" three said " you're really small for 6 months and another cheeky cow said yeah I can see you've put some weight on your hips and thighs!! Gee thanks that made me feel great. In fact I was holding back the tears whilst doing her treatment!
The getting big is crap hun but just think we only have three months to go and then we can join forces in getting it off again.
Xx

it took me a long time to come to tersm with my baby body, im only 5ft was just uinder 7 stone and such a skinny minnie and all of a sudden i had this "podge", ive out on 2.5 st and am hoping i can walk it off and exercise etc xxx

Completely agree with you, I feel exactly the same! You look amazing in your modelling photos.. As you've lost weight before and been committed to keeping yourself fit, I'm sure after LO is here, you're going to have just as much, if not more, determination to get back to that size as before! It's so lovely that your OH compliments you and is supportive too :)
You have a lush little bump to be proud of!
xx

I go through phases of feeling self conscious about my appearance and not confident with the way I look.

I think it's only natural- there are so many changes happening when you are pregnant it's bound to make you feel a bit more uncertain at times. I got some maternity gear for my birthday and I feel much better now that I am wearing clothes that actually fit and suit my bodyshape properly.

XX

I personally think you look great in both photos but I can understand your feelings, especially if yo had lost weight before pregnancy.

All I can see if beautiful baby bump, no muffin top...just bump. I'm more nervous of stretch marks because I can always lose the weight...stretch marks are forever but again for what they are worth I don't really mind.

If it makes you feel a little better I have put on a stone!!! Apparently I don't look 5 and half months pregnant so the weight must be in my tits and arse ;)

xxx

I'm soooooooo glad i'm not on my own here!!!

For a minute i thought i was being selfish which was the worst feeling! I love my little girl with all my heart and she isnt even here yet lol and i know my body is changing to accomodate munchkin!

Tanya4beauty!! i agree about the compliments!!! I went to a charity event on saturday and 2 women asked when i was due, when i said August they looked at my belly and went OFFTT!!!!! I thought i wasnt that big considering!!!!!!

Then on FB a friend commented on a pic and said i am big for how far along i am!!!

GRRRRRRRRRR

x

Amylize, you are looking great. Think of your body as a kind of superhero - it's doing the most amazing thing that it will ever do, and doing it really well so far. If you've been in good shape before, you will again - your commitment and desire will see to that. Don't worry if you don't feel as sexy as you did before, and of course your feelings are not because you don't love and want your little girl with all your heart - nobody would believe that for a second.

It's easy to understand how scary it feels to have your body change so much. I'm scared too. I was slim before pregnancy and haven't put on any weight apart from bump, I think, but it's hard to get to grips with how it will never be quite the same again. My bump is finally getting really big. I got my first ever comment from a stranger at the supermarket yesterday - it's only taken 35 weeks for people to notice!

I'm sure it will all be worth it. Hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back