Hello ladies

IndigoChild

Reaction score
This is my first post in this part of the forum, and i hope to get to know all you fellow ladies who are TTC.

I am TTC with my husband who i have been with 3 years.
I am so excited and nervous by the prospect of getting pregnant. But it is something we both really want.

Had an embarrassing moment today, after my AF being 14 days late, i decided to do a POAS again, (the first one i tested too early i think and got a negative) This time it was also negative. 5 minuets later I think my AF is coming. So well that was a waste of money. :dohh:

Now I have to somehow cope yet again with the disappointment. I know i shouldnt be disapointed, but its hard not to be you know?

We have only been TTC for 5/6 months, and i know we have pleanty of time. But I always have had this insane fear that I cant have children. Im scared that I have messed my body up too far ( i used to have severe anorexia when a young teen). And my GP says we can only have tests done when we have been trying a year with no luck.

Its all a bit frustrating, I just want to know that everything's working well down there. :blush:

Also as Im new to this TTC stuff, can anyone point me in the direction of any good resources on OPK's and other ovulation prediction stuffs, Do calender predictors work? I think Ive used one on gurgle before. But then Im confused how it all works if you AF is late randomly and tings.

Last edited:
Hi hun and welcome to the crazy world of ttc!! The girls on here are amazing with great advice and support so don't be scared to ask any questions. To be honest I am a bit rubbish on the subject of opk's and haven't done them this month, but if I don't fall this month I think i will give them a go next month. I have been ttc since March and to be honest I think my body is still adjusting after coming off the pill.

The main reason I wanted to say hi is because I wanted to offer some reassurance. My cousin was severely anorexic for about 10 years and is also diabetic. At one point she was literally at deaths door, which was awful, but thankfully she fought back and is now fit and healthy. She now has a 6 month old son, which really is her little miracle. She had so much against her with the anorexia and diabetes, she had no idea whether she'd be able to fall pregnant and if she did fall be able to carry a healthy baby to term. So there is no reason why you can't also have a very healthy baby. :)

Good luck hun xxx

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Like Taffy says, the girls on here are great and you never feel daft for asking anything! Questions are only easy if you know the answer!

Im on cycle 3 and still adjusting after pill I reckon. Also trying not to get too technical with the trying thing...not doing opks or temerature etc and we are still very new at this and dont want to put any unneccesary pressure on ourselves just yet...im just monitoring my cycle lengths and getting as much :bd: in as possible! Sorry I cant advise on such things as I don't have any experience of it but there are lots of ladies on here who do so Im sure you will get the advice you want!

xxx

hey hun
I tried OPK's this month for the first time. The day you start using them is depedant upon how long your cycles are.
as i am unsure of my cycle lengths at the moment what with ony coming off the pill a few months ago, i
started using OP's on CD10, but like i said this is highly dependant on ur cycle length.

I really hope you get your bfp soon! and like the girls have alread said we are a really supportive group of girls and you can vent and talk about anything on here and ul be guaranteed a response off someone.

welcome :) xxx

Hey

There is a wealth of advice on here.

Its amazing how many ladies are in the same journey as you. Its reassuring to read others are having the same thoughts / fears / excitements as you.

I am also up the wall with cycle lengths. Its so annoying! PCOS...

Got the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor ready for the next time my AF decides to show. Best of luck with it.

Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust

Soph
xx

:wave: hello and welcome to PF

i have been TTC since i came off the pill mid may, had a mc last month and my body has just gone back to normal ready to try again! As for me i dont use OPK's etc i just go with the flow and guesstimate ovulation etc, it will happen when it happens for me, its my 2nd so i'm in no rush :) everyone on here is fab :D hope u get your well deserved BFP soon hugs xx

Hi and welcome to PF!

Good luck on your ttc journey and fx for a bfp!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back