any more scans after 20 weeks any one

mrz85

Reaction score
Hello i had my 20 weeks scan on saturday i asked if i had any more scan to come was told no not unless the midwife thinks i need it ? any one else got told differnt

That sounds right to me. The only time I had extra scan was with my twins x

Depends on your NHS trust?

I was told everyone gets a 32 week scan at my hospital (even if you are low risk) but it appears this is not a nationwide thing :roll:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Yep that's standard! I believe you are only called for extra scans if tou are classed as high risk? X

thats good to hear that it is standard !

I was told I had a 32wk scan too even though I'm low risk, I think some areas do it, some don't x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

i see must depend on area u r in x

I only had an extra scan at 36 wks bcoz they weren't sure I my son was breech! He wasn't but couldn't really see much from the scan!!

There's another similar thread to this :) at my hospital we get at 10, 12, 20, 32, 36 and then another at 40ish if baby is overdue xxxx

There's another similar thread to this :) at my hospital we get at 10, 12, 20, 32, 36 and then another at 40ish if baby is overdue xxxx

Wowzers!!! I want to sign up to your hospital!! Like now!!! x

Not where I am, only if they need to check something later on. But it's not routine.

I must be seen as high risk as I'm under consultant care at our hospital and got scan yesterday (30 weeks) and Doctor told me that I would get one at my next hospital appointment which is 35 weeks. Believe me I'm not complaining :)

Wowzers!!! I want to sign up to your hospital!! Like now!!! x

Lol if you're pregnant they're brilliant! But if you have to go to a+e like I did on Saturday, you'll be sitting there for 5-6 hours :roll: xxxx

i will probly get a private scan in a few weeks

I have to have one at 28 32 and 36 because of my weight, I have been reffered to a dietician and alsorts to try and find out why I am loosing weight but yes that's right no more scans after your anomoly one if the hospital don't have concerns with you

When I went for my 12 week scan I was talking to the midwife about how they measure the fundal height to size baby up and said I didn't think it would be very accurate for me. She looked at my belly and then said she would put me in for 2 growth scans, one at 28 weeks and one at 36 weeks. My BMI is higher (was 31.5 at this point) and that is probably why she did it.

I am under consultant care so I have growth scans at 28 and 36 weeks booked in but in our area the 20 week scan is the last plaaned scan unless your MW is concerned. xx

Wow! Some ladies are lucky to get extra scans. 20 weeks scan will be my last on NHS, although we will be having a 4D scan at about 28 weeks :D x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back