Any March/April 2015 Mummies around?

Arran has 8 teeth 4 at the top, 4 on the bottom and we've had a few meltdowns with hands getting stuffed in his mouth and pulling at his ears so thinking his back molars are on the way.

Yeah he has such a temper as well, particularly when it comes to food. Arran waves hi and bye, he brushes his own hair and teeth. Our dog is his best friend he's constantly trying to get to her and pat her, she's so patient with him even when he's grabbing at her or trying to climb all over her. He hasn't mastered clapping his own hands yet, still prefers his hands to be in fists.

Sounds like your garden will be amazing Ellen.

Aw bless him brushing his hair. My lo brushes her teeth but currently just hits her head with the hair brush!

Poor lad though molars already! I'm dreading those we seem to suffer badly with teething

Aw it's great your dog is so good. My lo loves animals but unfortunately our house dog went to live outside with the collies in the summer as my oh's asthma got really bad. She loves the dogs though and all the sheep on our farm. She's been stroking the lambs to but it took her a while to get used to the little ones after seeing the big sheep so much

Last edited:
That will be amazing for her being surrounded by animals, my dad's aunt had a farm in Ireland when I was younger and I was in my element when we went to visit.

Hi everyone sorry just don't get the chance to come on here much these days! Only on now as I can't sleep so run a bath to see if that will help.... So my little boy turned one last week this year just seems to have flown by can't imagine what my life was like without him being here it's crazy! Has anyone made the transition yet onto cows milk? Once he started weaning he was down to 2 bottles a day anyways but now we are onto cows milk I'm finding the change some getting used to! How much do I give him? What type of cup/bottle do I give him? I don't want to potentially damage the development of his teeth etc it is all so confusing & all my HV says is give him it in a cup a cup with a straw is fine (only way I can get him to drink any water!) & to give him a pint of milk a day. Does that seem like a lot to anyone else? So far I am getting 7oz of cows milk down him but he is having 3 reasonable sized meals a day...

Hi allthingsgirly, yes we've made the transition, she was already down to two bottles, the morning one she had in a miracle 360 cup with her breakfast anyway and the total she drank was anything from12-15oz per day, she had a week of 50/50 (that was confusing when preparing lol...) and then just went cold trukey, cups and bottles exactly the same...she seems to prefer it to the mixed combo and dare I say it to her own milk (woohoo! and so far touch wood no allergies...I think her poo is affected as runnier but she's also teething atm so could be that but now on day 3 of whole milk and so far so good...I couldn't get her to drink a pint between those two servings if I tried..and I really wouldnt try a third feeding time as she is so used to her meals and snacks now...

Hi guys! It's been a while! How are you all doing? So Alex is 1 next week and I can't believe where the time is going!

Nice to see you on here again Cossie. We are doing great, an emotional wreck this past week at the thought of Arran turning 1 on Monday and next week being my last week of mat leave. Time is going past far too quickly for my liking. Hope you and Alex are good.

Cx

Happy 1st Birthday Arran! :) Alex will be 1 on Thursday and I really don't know how time has gone so quickly! It only feels like yesterday that we found out we were having him! I am now back at work and have been since January but I have had a change of career from administration to childcare! I'm now a Playworker at an after school club which means I get most of the day with my boy and he goes to nursery 2 afternoons a week and the other 3 he is with grandparents. It works out really well :) with the whole turning 1 comes a whole new panic over the cows milk issue! Because he is formula fed I'm panicking over what to do now! Apparently the first infant formula no longer provides the right nutrition so if we really wanted to continue with formula we would have to use stage 3 growing up milk but we could also just cut out formula and go on to cows milk - I don't know what to do! I mean, do I literally just replace the formula with cows milk and give him the same amount of cows milk as we would formula? It's so confusing! Anyway, I hope everyone is all good on here otherwise!
Nikki X

We phased it in with Arran last week, tried him with only cows milk which he refused then diluted his formula so gradually reducing the formula and increasing the cows milk now he's on 8oz bottles of cows milk at morning and night with water in between. He has cows milk in his cereal too with yogurt and cheese as snacks.

Cx

Thanks CDx. Alex doesn't have any issues with cows milk, he actually rather likes it which make my job a little easier! The problem I face is that he likes to go down for his morning nap (& sometimes afternoon depending on how full on his day has been) on a warm bottle of milk. Maybe I should switch morning and daytime bottles for cows milk and stick to formula for bed time? It's so confusing! Can you even give a child too much cows milk?! X

So today was Alex's birthday! He's had an amazing day and has truly been spoiled :)
ce695bf1fa0b341cbdf1fc588b5b44bc.jpg
1627bf0c56a7634ae0992971542bc0b7.jpg
X

Aww Happy Birthday Alex! So cute, love his curls and his cake.

Cx

Happy 1st Birthday to all the babies. My DD turned 1 yesterday. We had a laid back day, just went out for lunch and that was it. We went to Centre Parcs at the weekend though and just a mini, no-fuss party on Saturday.

She is showing absolutely no interest in walking though. I'm finding it really strange as my son was at least taking little steps/standing alone/toddling with walking aids at this age. My daughter isn't interested at all yet and seems content with crawling. She is babbling loads though. She says hello to me whenever I get her form her cot which is so so cute. It sounds like she says 'I did it' a lot and 'this' and 'that'. She can say 'duck' and whilst swimming at the weekend she said 'splash'.

She still eats absolutely everything :lol:

Hi Rooster, wow some grown up words there! We get lots of babbling and think we get hi sometimes but thats it, she took her first step today though - I had tears ...of course I didnt have camera at the ready and when I did she didnt do it again!

Eats everything and lots of it, teething again for bottom 4th tooth we think, having plenty of temper tantrums tryin to get own way and when gets frustrated/angry has started pinching and scratching with a very frowny angry face...tryin to teach her not to but its hard lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back