Any March/April 2015 Mummies around?

Rooster30

Reaction score
My baby girl turned 9 months old yesterday and couldn't help but think of you all. I hope your babies are bringing nothing but pleasure and joy :lol:

My girl has 6 teeth now, crawling confidently and sofa surfing. She has never been as high maintenance as she is now! Especially with my son being a little tantrum machine! She has a cold and I reckon she's teething too so she's not at her best at the moment, poor girl.

She has sky rocketed in weight, up to the 91st centile. Obviously she is eating well, she'll eat whatever she can put her hands on (whether it be food or not!) and only on two bottles a day now, which I find so so much easier now.

She is also sleeping through the night, has been since about two months old - I completely scored the jackpot there. Though she won't sleep at my mum and dads (they tried and I ended up having to collect her :shock: ) which means no more lie ins for a while for us. Boo.

Anyway, I hope you are all well, let me know how your babies are getting on :)

Hi Rooster I'm here!

Sounds like you're little one is coming on leaps and bounds! That's great

My Lo is 8.5 months and it's scary seeing her grow so quick. Some of her 6-9 month stuff has been packed away and it makes me so sad. I love this age I wish she could stay this size for a bit longer.

My Lo's not crawling yet but loves standing, she wants to stand all the time, she also loves a boogie

The thing I'm most happy with is her eating, she loves food and loads of it. We love trying new things and i very rarely use pouches now as she eats most of my home cooking. She's also still breastfed and I'm very proud of us for that

Unfortunately she does not sleep well but we'll get there eventually, you've definitely hit the jackpot there.

I'm glad to see you're doing well

Hiya I'm still here too. My lg is now 10 months old and can't believe how quickly time has flown!!

She still has no teeth, I'm hoping they start to appear soon but I do love the gummy smile.

Crawling around but desperate to walk so most of her awake time is me walking her round the house.

Eating well too, loves sandwiches, will eat anything in a sandwich which is great. Now on a dairy reintroduction program and going well so far, fingers crossed all will be ok soon and we won't have to package read all ingredients soon.

Her days naps are down to two and we struggle to get her to 6pm now in the evenings. After her sleeping through from 12 weeks it's been tough since November with her waking during the night. But not wanting anything grr. But hopefully this phase will pass soon.

Good to hear from you guys too :)

I'm here too :) glad to see you're all doing well.
Felix is doing well, still doesn't sleep for longer than 3 hours through the night and that's on a good night though.
Crawling around, 1 tooth, goes through phases with his eating, all or nothing kind of baby!
xox

Yes an April mummy here! My lg is 9 months and no teeth yet!
Crawling and standing and makes lots of sounds!

Not sleeping through but she's managing to go 6 hours in her own room which is great for her. Still breastfeeding and I'm loving it :)
Doing well with food and moving into 6-9 months clothes now :)

Last edited:
Glad all your babies are doing so well! I have a really grouchy one at the moment she's got a nasty cold :-( Plus she has separation anxiety - basically plenty of crying in my house at the moment! Yay!

Hello I just popped on!
Esmae is has just turned 10 months and is doing really well. She's just about crawling but has been dragging herself across the floor for a while!
She's a chunky monkey and is almost on the 98th centile!
She has 2 teeth (first one popped through Christmas Day!) and eats anything put in front of her (fave at the mo is tangerines)
She's absolutely gorgeous if I do say so myself and I'm sad that she's one in only a couple of months.
Are you all going back to work? Full time? Part time? Who's looking after your little ones?
Glad all your precious people are doing well x

Last edited:
Haha Michelle it's funny I think my little girls gorgeous to! How lucky we all must be to have such beautiful children ����

I'm very lucky I'm not returning to work. We live on a farm and I'm going to help out at home. Part of the year my mum will look after baby quite a lot (eg lambing time she will have her for two weeks straight during the day) and other times there won't be anything for me to do.

It's going to be hard financially but it will be so rewarding to be at home

My Lo has two teeth and there's been one on the way for ages, I wish it'd just pop through

Oh wow sounds fabulous!
I'm going back to work part time but to be honest I'm looking forward to it. It's only 3 days and esmae is going to her aunties who is a child minder :) x

I have been a SAHM for over three years now. I don't think i'll be returning to work until my daughter is three at least. I am very very lucky though!

My daughter is a chunk too :lol:

wow everyone is getting on so well, yeah time is flying I remember the really long 3/4/5 month old stages feelin like ages cos you panicked about everything from feeding to sleep and then as soon as she hit 6 mths became her own lil person and knew how to tell me what she wanted and since then every month has felt like a minute! She was a late sitter (Halloween sitting unaided) but worked out how to get from front to sitting and so naturally is going through the learning to crawl phase. Yesterday we had our first five confident knee steps as I call them before she beech whales and reached while twisting/turning/rolling bless her...Ive found the things you dont want her to have are the best motivator for getting her to crawl (camera, tv remote, keyboard etc) and feel like the crawling round the house stage will be imminent (researching and looking for a stair gate ASAP as want to keep her out of kitchen (bungalow but have two cats - babies and cat litter/food not a good mix lol))

She still sleeps through although sometimes at night she'll have an hour playtime (sitting, rolling, playing with teddies/mobile etc) before sleeping again but only once have we had to go thru in an evening to inconsolable/choke-like crying (think it was a bad dream) she is a great self settler and very determined.

Also great with food, moved from purees to chopped/mashed finger food 90% my own food. She has decided she loves baby led fruit but not baby led veggies so will keep offering them but still spoon feed them to ensure she gets some in, had enough mealtimes where she picks up a bit of brocoli puts it to her mouth and goes pth at it lol, she even started spitting out spoon fed veg as she had cottoned on to what I was doing! cheeky monkey....Still three bottles and three meals and two naps, dont think she's ready for any to change although sometimes think the avo bottle is soon to go...

Also a keen cruiser (just worked out how to move feet and has also done the leaning walk as I call it (arms under armpits or holding hands and when leaning her she will move her feet but only when she has to bless her). She is a lil darling and gets bored with her toys easily so keep cycling them around and buying the odd occasional new toy lol, her faves are the sit to stand dancing tower(best thing ever to teach balance and help pulling to stand), her walker (used sitting down), stackers/shape sorters and of course she has her own set of pans, wooden and metal spoons etc for banging! Never quiet in our house lol...she has gone off the jumperoo a bit, only likes max ten mins then wants to be on the move lol...

sorry for the essay, feels like there's always loads to say...oh and three teeth came in two stages, no more since December though she has been teething badly to the point where she hits her head near her ear and cries bless her, oh and hate the hot flushed cheeks as she really seems down then...moved out all the 6-9 cloths, she's in 9-12 and have her 12-18 set and ready...our lil girl is growing up!

Hi Ladies so good to see your little ones doing well.

Arran is doing great, he's between the 50th and 75th centile which is amazing considering he started off on 0.4 and dropped off completely at one point. We have 4 teeth, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom, all together so his smile is sooo cute!

Doing well with food. He can say mum (first word which OH was gutted about) dad and yaya which we think is Mia who is our dog. His little personality has me laughing constantly he's such a cheeky little boy but so loving it just completely melts my heart.

He isn't crawling but is standing, always wants to be on his feet or walk holding onto your hands, back breaking but I think he's almost there. We got him his first proper pair of shoes last week, so cute!

I'm devastated how quickly time is passing and ill be returning to work a week after his first birthday but needs must.

Cx

Hi ladies! Literally my first time on here in months!
Zach is 11 months in a week and a toddler already, walking from just under 10 months, 8 teeth already and babbling constantly. His first word was the dogs name but still no mama here

Ah I typed loads and it lost most of it. Oh well, zach has just gone back down so I'm off to bed again too!

I haven't been on here in ages either. Lovely to read how all the little ones are doing. My little one is doing really well. He is 10months now and has 8teeth now (the last two finally put in an appearance two days ago. He nearly always has red cheeks poor wee thing.

He is a really good eater most times but recently has become fussier and will refuse anything but toast which is is favourite-hoping its because of the teeth.

He is already into 12-18clothes in some brands because he is long though he's lean too.

Lots of crawling about for the last couple of months and now starting to try and pull himself up. Dada was this first word and is still his favourite. We have nana, nanny and that though they're used randomly lol. Still no mama here either:( he is a really happy wee boy and so much fun to be with too even if he does exhaust me as he never stops.

Back to work end of next month and Im in denial! Don't want to think about leaving him. Need to confirm place in crèche-choice between two at the moment.

OMG our lil girl is a crawling pro now, in only five days of short distances she is now crawling out the room and Im following! Yikes...so cute to watch bless her...

Teething is really in full force now :(
Gabriella is 9 months and still has no teeth. Well yet... She's so upset :(
Any teething advice?

Anbesol worked wonders with Arran, and chewing on cucumber seemed to settle him.

Cx

Any of our LOs had the 10 month development check yet? LG has hers on Wednesday and not sure how it'll go. Her communication, gross motor and fine motor skills are fine but there's this 'personal social' section and 'problem solving' on the development questionnaire and don't really feel like she's there yet?

Not had the questionnaire through yet - hope it goes okay x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back