Can't decide if I'm annoyed after weigh clinic?!

hellywelly

Reaction score
Took E today and when she was born she was on the 25th centile but she was a week early. Within a fortnight she was tracking the 50th and has gradually risen to just under the 91st now. She was on the 50th centile for her height at birth and went up to inbetween the 75th and 91st at 6 weeks.

The HV was implying that I might be over feeding her, which is far enough, but when I asked if we could check her height she refused saying they only do it again at 6 months. Well my SIL is a midwife assistant so I cheekily asked her to do it when I nipped in after, and according to this E has risen to the 98th centile for her length. So surely if weight is 91st centile and height is 98th centile this isn't out of proportion? I could understand it if she was wider than she was long, but this isn't the case, and anyway, if she isn't hungry she refuses her milk!

I'm 5ft 9 and hubby is 6ft 1 so she was never going to be a little thing. I'm not massively worried but just a bit peeved. I didn't think you could over feed them anyway??

Anyone else had similar? My HV is lovely but sometimes I really dislike the one size fits all mantra!!!

(I also got a telling off for E being in her own room and sleeping on her side - WHICH SHE HAS DONE SINCE BIRTH!!!! But that's another story!!!)

Bah, shes unlikely to be a small person weight and heightwise if you and your hubby are tall.

So if she started out a bit early she's bound to have some catching up to do.

T sleeps on her side and in her nursery too. Lol, she always has done as well

I tell you going into our baby clinic is like travelling to the land of the little people. Not one of them looks me in the eye unless I'm sitting down lol. Hmmmmm instead of getting Albert the Surrounded by Assholes bib for clinic I might get one that says Health Visitors Do It On Tiptoe lol

I'm 5ft 7 and OH is 6ft 4 and Albert's long. Don't take any notice chick Evie is perfect :hug: xxxxxx

I don't get why they don't measure height anymore cos surely that's as important as weight?

We've only had Harry's height done once by hv. The other times we've done it

Last time we went she measured his height and weight and as they were following the same centile she was happy ( even though he'd dropped a centile in weight)

Ignore them I'd say!!

I always thought that as long as height and weight were ish proportionate to each other that that was fine?

Well a friend of mine has been told to cut down a feed for her lo as she was putting on too uch weight!! I was shocked as I thought they loved a big baby!!
xxx

Well a friend of mine has been told to cut down a feed for her lo as she was putting on too uch weight!! I was shocked as I thought they loved a big baby!!
xxx

It changes allllll the time! Albert was 6lb on the nose when born, watching maternity ward that's set in the usa they class this as a healthy weight and yet in my hospital they all went on about how little he was. You can't win, I think they have to justify their jobs by contradicting themselves all the bloomin time

There is no standard throughout the country which is rubbish! Holly is 91st for weight and 50th for height and hv's are perfectly happy. She looks all in proprtion and eats like a horse! As long as lo is happy and healthy don't worry about it, babies are quite good at not matching anything and hv's are quite good at contradicting themselves all the time lol.

Bb I'm glad u didn't come today, I was in flats measuring in at 4ft 11 1/4

ah don't mind silly mv, I had the same

Last mw app she said you know she is border line obese!!! i was discusted

Then she had her big checkup with the practioner nurse who took her height and said she was above 91st for weight but also height so was a completely normal weight and to ignore mw that it was out of line that she had said that to me

Your clearly doing a great job and with 2 tall parents she will defo be a tall baby,

Thank you ladies you've made me feel lots better about it all. The worst thing was I was looking at her in the bath tonight thinking maybe she is a bit chubby??!! Then I gave myself a mental slap and reminded myself that it's baby chub and they are built that way! My confidence also took a bit of a knock this afternoon when a woman at baby group said how old is your little girl - 4 or 5 months? To which I replied she is going to be three months at the end of this week!! At least she called her a girl, unlike the woman in the supermarket yesterday...

Helly, stop worrying. I have the fattest baby ever, check this.

This is Matilda with her 3 year old cousin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340741713.823618.jpg

The boy is a bit on the small side but still.....

OMG Tor she is the cutest thing EVER!! And is that a tutu she's wearing??!! I want one for Evie - Tilly looks well cute in it!!

It is a tutu yes, you can get them from next :)

That's a particularly bad picture for her looking like a porker tbh, she doesn't look so big in real life lol

Oh and thanks :) I think she's cute too lol :rotfl:

She is gorgeous tor! My niece is a little porker too, we call her jabba the Hutton :blush:

(so can't see tickers :()

Helen don't feel so bad..... Someone thought Harry was closer to 6 months the other day on a shop

I think she thought I was lying!!!!

And I love Tilly's tutu... If only Harry was a girl!!

lol i love that Tilly still has her uber chubby cheeks that i wanna nom. Alyssas cheeks went down a bit when she lost weight after birth and never came back. im always being asked how old alyssa is and ppl think shes 5 months or something like that. in bf group on sunday there was a 6 month old boy who was more baby like that alyssa, not sitting up or crawling or anything. alyssa was wriggling and shouting and sitting up pretty good. she can sit up alone for a min or so but has a bit of a forward lean going on lol.
were on the 98th centile for weight and she was 91st for height and 98th for head circumference at 8 weeks so all in line there and my hv has always been totally pleased with her

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back