Any comfy sleeping positions grately recieved!

Heather_belle

Reaction score
Morning ladies- just wondering if anyone has any tips on sleeping aids or positions that are working for you at the mo- I keep waking up flat on back which I know isn't good for me or baby and it kills my back!have tried wedging pillows in at my back with no joy!
Any tips would b fab- feel a bit thick for posting this as it should kinda obvious but fed up waking at 5.30 n not getting back to sleep. I know there are various pillows u can buy saw one in mothercare but it was £50 kinda grudge paying that for a pillow lol! But it maybe my only option haha xxx

I now use a spare duvet rolled up lengthways as a body pillow with two pillows wedged behind my back to try and stop me rolling onto it. 5-5.30 seems to be a regular waking time for me too, think that's just my body getting me used to what's ahead x

Yes the quilt thingy works!!! I find laying on your side with something between your legs (i know that's prob not the most inviting of things atm) ;) works for me so that's why i have the quilt there. I woke up with my v pillow wrapped around my head this morning aswel lol but slept really well :)

Good luck

Last edited:
I just keep a regular feather pillow stuffed under my right hip, so if I do roll on my back, I'm not flat. Oh and one between my legs. I generally wake up a few times in the night for a wee - but always manage to get back off (it might be me though, as I can sleep through anything!).

It's difficult to have too many pillows and such as we only have a double bed - so there wouldn't be much room for OH!!!

Ooh never thought of the duvet thing that sounds like it would work better than a pillow. Thanks guys- yeh I'm thinking the 5.30 might just b me know too which my husband is delighted about as big pregnant lady leaves him to have the whole bed for a few hours lol!!! Xxx

I've just been sleeping normal, hope baby doesn't mind

I have a maternity pillow, cost £12 new on ebay! It helps but I still struggle to get comfy some nights x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

They only say to sleep on your side, left is best, so as not to squish the vena cava (sp?) which is the main blood supply to the baby. Obviously its not always possible as you cant help what position you wake up in. But side is better than back.
x

I sleep with a V pillow - one side inbetween my legs & other in front supporting bump then wedge another pillow behind me. Seems to work for me - I was constantly waking up on my back when I had just 2 normal pillows either side but the v one keeps me in place lol xx

I bought a V shaped 5ft long pillow from ebay early on in pregnancy, think it was about £30..
I lay on my left side, with one side of the pillow between my legs and the other side of the 'v' stops me from rolling flat on to my back..
They are soo comfy + I probably wouldn't be able to sleep at all without it!
But it's stil a nightmare staying asleep!! I woke at 4am this morning and couldn't nod off again :(
Oh the joys! xx

Baby only allows me to sleep on my right side, if I dare go on the left I get kicked until I move. I love how my baby is telling me what he/she wants already.

xxx

They only say to sleep on your side, left is best, so as not to squish the vena cava (sp?) which is the main blood supply to the baby. Obviously its not always possible as you cant help what position you wake up in. But side is better than back.
x
Thanks so much, yeah I always sleep on my left side anyways, the baby seems to kick like crazy if I even attempt to lie on my back it's like he knows :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back