Sleeping on your back?

bearsmummy

Reaction score
I have a problem!! I always try to sleep on my left side, sometimes me right but i do try to avoid lying on my back.

But for the past few weeks i keep waking up on my back and i only wake up because of how breathless it makes me!

I have tried wedging pillows behind me and everything but i just push them off in my sleep :blush:. Has anyone got any idea how i can stop going on to my back cos i hear it can be quite bad for bubs and plus the face it makes me breathless x

Iv been told its not good to sleep on ur back, i wonder why though, do u know??

Iv been sleepin on my side hun, i normallly sleep on my tummy and im really missing it lol. I dont think ur gunna be able to control wot ur doing in ur sleep :( sometimes iv woke up on my back and it hurts :(

xx

so long as youre not totally flat its fine. Golf balls in your PJs maybe?? :lol:

Laura- the weight if the baby and your uterus etc press on some major blood vessels when you are flat aNnd can limit oxygen to you both. A few pillows is all you need to tilt you from the shoulders and ease it a bit :)

thanks Mervs mum. I find it too uncomfy to sleep on my back anyway.

Hope Sid is doin well :D

xxx

laura- i miss sleep on my front 2 soo much. i'm so looking 4ward to being able to when baby comes.

As soon as my tummy wasnt tender I was on my front again!! Oh I missed that too! :)

I can't sleep with something under me other then 1 pillow (i'm a proper freak when it comes to sleeping) It's took me ages to learn to sleep on my left. I used to sleep half on my front half on my side and i do it now but i can feel baby wriggling and being squashed lol! I dunno what i'm going to do. I'll just have to keep waking up whenever i feel myself do it! Thanks ladies!! How is little Sid doing MM? x

I'm struggling with the sleeping on left side and find i've turned in the night to my right. I have read that its best to sleep on left as on right there is a major blood vessel also that can reduce oxygen to buba if squashed. Has anyone else heard this or am i over reacting - i feel so guilty when i wake up on my right!

Ive been sleeping on both sides - last time I slept every single night on my left. I think its ok, I think that the left side is optimum though :)

Sid is fine thanks Meeah :)

As Rosie's mum says, left is favorable but right is perfectly fine. I was told by a consultant to sleep on the right when I was having muscular pain on the left. :)

Phew - its been making my hips ache sleeping on just one side all the time, and with last three i can't remember having this info - thank you ladies x

i totally roll about all over the place! sometimes on my back or either side - my doctor told me its not actually healthy to stay in any position for too long so i am happy with my rolling ways

i always have a pillow between my knees which stops me from lying flat on my back or supports my pelvis on my side

and the last couple of nights i have used a really big pillow to prop myself up and its really helped the indigestion :)

I have a problem!! I always try to sleep on my left side, sometimes me right but i do try to avoid lying on my back.

But for the past few weeks i keep waking up on my back and i only wake up because of how breathless it makes me!

I have tried wedging pillows behind me and everything but i just push them off in my sleep :blush:. Has anyone got any idea how i can stop going on to my back cos i hear it can be quite bad for bubs and plus the face it makes me breathless x

I try to sleep on my left too but when my hips can't take it anymore and I find myself on my back, I wake up breathless too. I know you said you only like one pillow but I've found that elevating my chest with a couple of pillows really helps that issue.

when i was pregnant last i brought a support pillow like a long sauasge pillow that supported bump, you kind of leant on it to sleep so not on front but not on side either really good it hink we got it from dunelem mill for about£7.00ish was four years ago.

I used to really struggle as i have always slept on my front. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back