Sleeping - any tips ?

Constantstar

Reaction score
Morning all, well I've been getting awful heartburn still even tho I've tried rennie, gaviscon etc even just the motion of me turning over makes me get it!! Just wondered does anyone get achy legs/ hips too?! I wake up and have to turn to my other side and it hurts so much- bit like he pain when u fall asleep and get a dead arm and try to wake it up again!!?? I wanted to know what your tips are for getting a better nights sleep or things that may help ease the process of sleeping!

So far I:
Try not to drink loads b4 bed
Brought a preg pillow
Prop my head up high to try stop heart burn

Any other tips you have found useful? X

I know if my heartburn gets really bad in the night I prop my pillows up and sit up straight. I then sleep for an hour or so like that until its passed. I tend to keep swapping sides to stop myself getting achey even though it does take an age and hurts. Thats what I do anyway xx

Take more gaviscon that says on the bottle, and dont move? I get it just from rolling over as well, its a nightmare. :( and watch what you eat, certainthings with me make it 100 times worse, like drinking that fizzy water or anything orange etc . other than that nope I've just had to put up with it.

Try to avoid anything too acidic before bedtime. They can prescribe something stronger for heartburn in Tri 3 if it is so severe. Sleeping on your left side is better than your right, as you have more internal organs to crush laying on your right hand side. Try having a milky drink before bedtime too to relax you & help combat the heartburn. It's awful & I totally sympathise with you - last 3 nights with the warmer weather, heartburn & uncomfy bump I've had about 3 hours sleep per night. I've done the school run & supermarket shop, so I'm going to rest up for a bit now! Hope the advice helps x

Sunnyb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back