Anxiety

Bobbideeboo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently signed back up as I've just found out I am pregnant. You girls were amazing when I first joined 4 years ago, so here I am :)

Long story short my husband (of 12 years) left me and our 16 month old son 2 and half years ago, this triggered massive anxiety and panic attacks. I've learnt to control them and up until a few weeks ago they were almost no existent. I have been with my new partner for a year and we found out 3 weeks ago we were expecting. Completely unexpected but he was chuffed! Understandably as he was told there was a high risk he would never have children. Me on the other hand have taken it quite badly and my anxiety Has gone through the roof. Panick attacks heart palpitations the lot. I have seen my dr several times who prescribed me a very low dose of diazipam which I am yet to take after googling the risks to pregnancy. I feel really scared my life is about to change again so dramatically after finding my feet again.

Anyway I guess I'm just trying to work out if I'm alone in this or if anyone else has experienced pregnancy anxiety.

If not any advice would be great, I've tried rescue remedy, breathing exercises etc. Next stop more counselling, acupuncture, hypnotherapy?

Xx

Hey I can't help in relation to the pregnancy anxiety but I suffer with really bad anxiety and any changes in my hormones and can cause bad side affects for me. I'd say counselling. It helped me tremendously. The tablets have been rubbish for me so counselling is my go to.

Hope ur well and wishing u luck x

Hi Cers,

thanks for the reply!

its such a battle! i went back to the Drs on Tuesday had some tests which i am just waiting on the results for. Counseling really helped me last time so i am going to look at going back.

I think the hormones have played a massive contribution to it so hopefully after the first tri my hormones will settle.

Thanks for replying :)

I wish you all the luck for the future xxx

I suffer from anxiety & ocd- I just started a thread about it this morning actually. I am not looking forward to how the anxiety will change when (if) I get pregnant. Given that I am a counsellor I would always advise going down that route if you can find a good one locally to you. Good luck and congratulations

Hi Sparklegirl,

can i ask how you deal with your anxiety? im exploring so many different options so open to anything! breathing exercises dont always do the trick.

I hope you get your BFP soon and your anxiety behaves itself!

Thanks

xx

Sorry to hear you are going through anxiety at the moment ladies. I found CBT really helped me recognise the behaviours or thoughts (often obsessive) that would lead to me having crippling anxiety. I still use the tools I learned then (2 years ago) now to help manage things.

Hi Sparklegirl,

can i ask how you deal with your anxiety? im exploring so many different options so open to anything! breathing exercises dont always do the trick.

I hope you get your BFP soon and your anxiety behaves itself!

Thanks

xx

I try grounding, when it gets bad I consciously focus on say like finding 5 things in the room that are green then how many tiles/pictures/lights etc I can count things like that to focus on the here and now. With the breathing exercises do you focus on how long you can make a breath in or out last or how long you can (safely) hold it for? Xxx

That's a really cool technique I've never tried that. I've always gone for in for 5 out for 7 but depends how bad it is as to if its affective or not.

I've started monitoring my heart rate and just keeping a note to see if there's certain times of day or trends that trigger it xx

That's a really cool technique I've never tried that. I've always gone for in for 5 out for 7 but depends how bad it is as to if its affective or not.

I've started monitoring my heart rate and just keeping a note to see if there's certain times of day or trends that trigger it xx

I help clients with these techniques but its a different story when it comes to helping myself lol, its always the way. Hope they help, just little things to bring you into the right now and be focused xx

I can imagine that's quite frustrating not being able to follow your own advice as easily as you advise others! That would send me through the roof! Lol

Will defo give it a go. Thank you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back