Another traumatic weekend!

Sunnyb

Reaction score
My husband tore ligaments in his foot & ended up in a&e with him on Thursday.
Friday was my a&e day. I had a scan 2 weeks ago after bleeding & all was well. I started bleeding again quite badly & with cramps on Friday, so my husband took me to a&e (luckily his car is an automatic so he could drive).
They gave me something for my pains & took a urine sample. The pregnancy test they did came back positive, but they also found ketones in my urine. This basically means because I've not been able to eat or drink much due to my sickness my body has been using my fat stores for calories & means I've gone into starvation mode & am dehydrated. They have booked a scan for tomorrow for me & prescribed anti sickness drugs (safe for use in pregnancy).
If I continue being ill I will be admitted for dehydration as I'm borderline in need of a drip to get fluids in me. Today I fancied a cup of coffee which I've not been able to stand during this pregnancy. I'm now wondering because I can stand coffee has something happened to our baby? I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow & have my scan at 10.40am. I am really worried that since Friday my sickness has subsided (without medication) & I've had niggling pains even though the bleeding has since subsided.
What a crappy weekend!

Sunnyb :(

Sunnyb - did not want to read and run, hope ur ok I would phone NHS 24 if ur worried - try not to stress and let us know how u get on :(

XXXXX

If your not bleeding still then I'd see that as a good sign x plus my sickness dissappeared about your weeks....

I was glad really as I wasn't eating much x I have also had ketones in my urine twice :S lol only because I skipped breakfast as I felt sick and that was at 6/7 weeks, 16 weeks so its ok x Wish you all the best hun x

Also I'm diabetic and should eat regulary so got moaned at for ketones lol x

Last edited:
Aw Blimey what a mare! In pregnancy you go through waves of liking and not liking things, youll be ok I reckon. Your body probably wants coffee for an energy and water fix to be honest! So have a coffee and relax x

Aww hun hope you're feeling better. My friend had this - extreme sickness and was actually admitted for a day or two because of dehydration. She now has a bouncing baby boy so all was well in the end......look after yourself, take it easy and good luck for your scan tomorrow xx

Hope everything is ok hun it will probs just be the sickness subsiding as a lot of ppl sickness goes away at ur stage and some days I cant stand something the next its all i want to eat/drink so dont worry too much about that but call ur doc just to check good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back