Angelcare Movement monitor...what type of mattress???

chrest

Reaction score
I have heard that the accuracy/reliability of the sensor mat depends on the type of mattress you have in cot/crib. As in works best with foam over spring mattress.

Anyone agree??

i have the angelcare monitor and tbh i dont know how i could of managed without it. I LOVED IT! :rotfl:
personally i didnt see any difference between it being in her crib (which was a teeny foam matress) to her cot which has a fab spring matress. I had it in her cot until around her 1st birthday.... which was when it started to annoy me slightly :rotfl: As she tended to curl up in th corner of the cot and fall asleep which affected the mat. So now i just use it for sound without the mat x

hope that helps x

Thanks Linzi that is really reassuring that it works well on different mattresses. I thought it was strange that it wouldn't as would have thought it would say something on the packaging of angelcare monitor.
You have also answered another question for me, I had heard that the monitor only worked with the mat being used, so glad to know it can be used with just sound when bubs gets bigger and wiser and starts cheating!! :D

Just one more question, if you know: I am considering getting a mattress topper for the cot (to make it easier for when bubs has little accidents) and wondered would you put the mat under the topper and the mattress or just under the topper??

chrest said:
Thanks Linzi that is really reassuring that it works well on different mattresses. I thought it was strange that it wouldn't as would have thought it would say something on the packaging of angelcare monitor.
You have also answered another question for me, I had heard that the monitor only worked with the mat being used, so glad to know it can be used with just sound when bubs gets bigger and wiser and starts cheating!! :D

Just one more question, if you know: I am considering getting a mattress topper for the cot (to make it easier for when bubs has little accidents) and wondered would you put the mat under the topper and the mattress or just under the topper??

the mat needs to be completely flat for it to work so needs to be on the base of the cot (under mattress) however im not completely sure if it will work through both as it may be too thick :? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back