New mattress for a old cot

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
We have been given a cot from James sister
Its about 7 years old with mattress
But i wont new one mattress for the cot
As my family an myslef our huge suferer of allergies i would not be suprised if our boy has some of my genes in this area.
So what our the best mattress for cots
Price wise, reliablity, and is there any cot mattress that are Anti- allergen?
Thanks for any advice

I haven't seen any anti-allergen cot mattresses but you might be able to get a mattress protector which could help on that issue. My eldest son has asthma so I know how worrying allergies can be.

We got our cot bed mattress from Ebay (an online shop). It was new and is one of the sprung types. It cost only £40 which was a bargain.

Shop around. You needn't pay the earth for a mattress but make sure you get the right measurements. Measure the old mattress not the cot itself. :)

Good luck!

hi!
we are using my ds2's old cotbed for this baby (it is 7 years old now) we bought our mattress from kiddicare for about £50.00

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14053

DS2 has severe allergies and asthma, so we are prepared this time! this mattress has these features:

Manufactured by Rochingham this Hypo allergenic foam interior mattress has a deluxe micro-fibre cover.

features
Manufactured using hypo allergenic foam
Super soft quilted micro fibre cover has great benefits including, anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti dust mite and air permeable
A fully fitted side zip allows removal of the cover
Cover is machine washable at 60DG
Suitable for placing baby in the feet to foot position

I don't know about mattresses really but I did read in Mother & Baby mag yesterday that you should always buy a new mattress per baby (something FSIDs recommend apparently). We were given our cot by my cousin and it had a fancy mamas and papas mattress with it that we couldn't afford to replace just yet - unless with a much cheaper one.

Angelblue said:
hi!
://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_55_10751_-1_14053_3487_10001_14053

Manufactured by Rochingham this Hypo allergenic foam interior mattress has a deluxe micro-fibre cover.
features
Manufactured using hypo allergenic foam
Super soft quilted micro fibre cover has great benefits including, anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti dust mite and air permeable
A fully fitted side zip allows removal of the cover
Cover is machine washable at 60DG
Suitable for placing baby in the feet to foot position

Thank you so much Angel Blue :D
The information you have given me has been so informative and a great help.
Lol Sarah :hug:

i got mine from a local baby shop for £35.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back